You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Have I said this before but I'm sure my next door neighbour has some sort of alarm that sounds to let her know I'm out in the garden so that she can stump down her garden making as much noise as humanly possible so as to get me to look up and chat to her. Only I like being out there by myself and I Don't want to chat! God, let me find the money down the back of a sofa to get some decent fencing up

• 1 month later...

Piss-poor house layouts.

I went to a house viewing yesterday for the hell of it as this one place had an open viewing. I even spoke to the owner who told me the house was built 3-4 years ago and they were the first owners, but were looking to move to somewhere more suitable for work and schools etc. The decor in this place is pretty normal but in excellent nick, and if anyone were to buy it, they could move in straight away because there is nothing that needs doing up first. Though it is a 4-bedroom house, all the rooms are of a pretty decent size. So far, so normal. 

What ruins it is the layout. You have a separate dining room that is as far away from the kitchen as is possible in a place like that, and there is only space in the kitchen for a 4-seater table. Also, the downstairs loo is right at the back of the house where you go through the lounge to get through to the kitchen, then onto a utility room then finally the loo. Yet there is a cupboard space under and behind the stairs that is actually bigger than the downstairs loo. Upstairs, the master bedroom has an en suite and the main bathroom is accessible from both the second bedroom and the landing. This is stupid at the best of times as you'd have to remember to lock both doors when using that bathroom, but the doors are so close together it is pointless having that bathroom double up as an en suite for the second bedroom anyway.

It isn't even a bespoke building but part of those typical new-build developments from one of the big contractors. Whoever passed off the plans for the layout is a complete dipshit, as is the person who thought them up. A house which is structurally sound with decent sized rooms and a decent layout but shit decor offers a far better proposition for both investment and as a home than a house that looks nice but has a fundamentally flawed layout, in my opinion.

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

I rented a room (downstairs bedroom if you please but needed it for work and cash at the time was scarse) where the only toilet was a walk up the hall way...through the sitting room....through the kitchen and into a bathroom with a loo in the extension!

Pain in the 'kin arse as the bird that ran the house was a real shitebag nasty piece of work in the end, and insisted on sitting up until all hours watching tele in the front room, so if i wanted a lash in the night involved getting dressed!! Ended up with a bed pan.......'kin nightmare 18 months so it was...!!!