You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

I'm all for politeness & thought for each other but when someone is sneezing constantly the constant 'bless yous' start to grate a bit.

Sneezing is just a bodily function, it doesn't need to be acknowledged, I'm not religious so I don't need to be 'blessed', it's fucking stupid.

Depends if its always the same person or if it's multiple people saying it once, or twice.

The term has long since lost any religious context to anyone other than those looking for it. It's just good manners and social graciousness. If it 'annoys the shit out of you' then you're the one with the problem, and should change. Not the world.

Bless you.

Says the man causing 1-2 second fury all over the junctions and traffic lights of this island.

Haha. I hope you have to sit behind me at the lights one day. I really do.

Bless you.

Also; I don't get the 'fix'. What was that about?

Depends if its always the same person or if it's multiple people saying it once, or twice.

The term has long since lost any religious context to anyone other than those looking for it. It's just good manners and social graciousness. If it 'annoys the shit out of you' then you're the one with the problem, and should change. Not the world.

Bless you.

In my defence, I've posted about it on an internet forum, not stabbed anyone to death who's said it to me.

Yet.

• Upvote 1

Haha. I hope you have to sit behind me at the lights one day. I really do.

Bless you.

Also; I don't get the 'fix'. What was that about?

I fucked up mate, mistaken identity.  I then had to quickly think of something I could tenuously negatively link you to, or plead the Manero.

Bless you.

It's not mate. It's jibberish. 

Why are you saying jibberish to people when they sneeze? 

Do you say random nonsense to people at other times to be polite too?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, 'cause what society needs is less politeness and thought for each other.

Seriously?

You've caused a chain of irritations now. 

I'm irritated that your irritated by mooks irritation which in turn probably irritates you more.

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I do, yeah.

Like 'mind how you go' when saying bye to someone, or 'see you later' when I'm leaving somewhere I may never return to and certainly won't that same day.

Life is full of meaningless pleasantries. At least it is if you're pleasant to people.

• Upvote 1

How's life Bob? better?

Moved out past weekend into a shared house with a group of lads similar age to me, and going ok so far. Not managed to get a night out as we've all had plans already but looking positive.

Moving out was a shitter of a day and knocked me about emotionally but for the best. Both planning to see how it goes and whether there's a chance to fix it or not, all while delaying having to sell the house and all that.

Cheers for asking, pal

• Upvote 4

Nosey cunts.  Had someone reading my paper over my shoulder today on the tram travelling in to work, I ended up moving seat it was pissing me off so much.  Get into work and the twat I've already mentioned who spends more time looking at my screen than his is at it again.

"What's that you're reading"

"Err a private, personal e-mail"

"No need to be like that"

Yes there is, there's every fucking need.  Seriously, everybody please just fuck off out of my shit please.  Complete and utter lack of manners.

Edit: Fuck me, he's just done it again.  Gets up to put his coat on to go out, stands behind me having a good old gawp at my screen for ten seconds under the auspices of zipping his jacket up.  What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Nosey cunts. Had someone reading my paper over my shoulder today on the tram travelling in to work, I ended up moving seat it was pissing me off so much. Get into work and the twat I've already mentioned who spends more time looking at my screen than his is at it again.

"What's that you're reading"

"Err a private, personal e-mail"

"No need to be like that"

Yes there is, there's every fucking need. Seriously, everybody please just fuck off out of my shit please. Complete and utter lack of manners.

Edit: Fuck me, he's just done it again. Gets up to put his coat on to go out, stands behind me having a good old gawp at my screen for ten seconds under the auspices of zipping his jacket up. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Are you able to get a photo of him and mock up

a screensaver of his face as a target, or with a red sighting dot on the temple?