You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Perhaps you could explain yourself Mr Eto'o!!

twigs

Samuel Eto'o was asked about his time with Mallorca, and how he mentioned how he still loves the place and how the people there spoke to him ... now I hope you're sitting down folks, can you believe the locals called him 'negrito' ... and can you believe he didn't feel insulted or wanted them up before a shambolic, witch-hunting FA commission???

Shame on you Samuel, shame on you ... !

Article: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/rise-fall-real-mallorca-club-samuel-eto-o-071912171.html

"I love Mallorca and have a house there," he explained.

"And winning the cup was my greatest moment in football. I’m serious. It was so hard for a small team to do this. In Mallorca, I am one of them. When I go to the supermarket, the girls at the checkout shout (laughs) 'Hey, negrito!' (little black man).

"I feel like part of one big family, like in Cameroon. I watch Mallorca when I can. They let me sit on the bench!"

This again. Goody.

There could be suddenly cast iron proof that Evra lied about everything and the world will still call Luis a racist.

The nature of fickle cunts the world over. His name was tarnished forever in this country the day a claim was made, completely regardless of facts or meaning.

Samuel Eto'o was asked about his time with Mallorca, and how he mentioned how he still loves the place and how the people there spoke to him ... now I hope you're sitting down folks, can you believe the locals called him 'negrito' ... and can you believe he didn't feel insulted or wanted them up before a shambolic, witch-hunting FA commission???

Shame on you Samuel, shame on you ... !

Article: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/rise-fall-real-mallorca-club-samuel-eto-o-071912171.html

"I love Mallorca and have a house there," he explained.

"And winning the cup was my greatest moment in football. I’m serious. It was so hard for a small team to do this. In Mallorca, I am one of them. When I go to the supermarket, the girls at the checkout shout (laughs) 'Hey, negrito!' (little black man).

"I feel like part of one big family, like in Cameroon. I watch Mallorca when I can. They let me sit on the bench!"

• Downvote 1

This again. Goody.

There could be suddenly cast iron proof that Evra lied about everything and the world will still call Luis a racist.

The nature of fickle cunts the world over. His name was tarnished forever in this country the day a claim was made, completely regardless of facts or meaning.

Sadly when it comes to racism in this country, reality doesnt matter, as long as those with a wish to accuse regardless go for it, you are doomed from the start.

You cannot call a spade a spade without digging a hole.

And the holier than though types will have it in for you no matter what the reality is.

Be seen to be doing the right thing, and damn the actuality of the situation.

What is right and proper in one country, isnt in another,  Luis was judged by UK standards, right or wrong.

You have to look no further than this thread to see that people take their opinions from twitter/newspapers then decide on whether the man is guilty or not.  No looking for facts needed in this day and age unfortunately.  The fact the word Negrito is still floating about as gospel to do with Suarez/Evra is really gone beyond.  

Let it go. It's gone.

Not really.  People are still calling the man "racist" when he isn't.  That should always be challenged.

Having said that, this thread doesn't add anything.  The FA's own language experts both stated that the word "negro" in the context in which Suarez claims he used it, is not racist or insulting.  The FA decided not to believe Suarez on that point; they decided to believe Evra's completely unsubstantiated allegations on five other counts; and they decided to invent one of their own (which neither Suarez nor Evra claimed actually happened).  The real thing to get angry about is that the conclusions drawn by the FA panel do not follow from the findings of the investigation.

• 3 months later...

My favourite Eto'o quote is this one

“I would sooner sell groundnuts in my home village than play for a ­pathetic club like ­Chelsea.”

I used to love Eto'o as a player.  But I have gone off him recently.

I used to love Eto'o as a player.  But I have gone off him recently.

Was going to say exactly the same. It started with Anzhi and then he crossed the Rubicon with joining them cunts and now he's truly one of them. Used to be one of the best strikers in the world and then turned into a Chelsea cunt. Another proof of how these cunts are ruining football.