You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Prince is ace

Anny Road

Been listening to him for years but only recently started to fully appreciate the mans true contribution to music. I think it was Paul who mentioned him in the underrated albums thread and I think he is deserving of his own thread.

Soul, funk, rock etc it's all there delivered diversely and passionately. He may be a bit of a wee tit but I think he is one of the greats and massively underrated.

[YOUTUBE]aYOLEF-N3oQ[/YOUTUBE]

Been listening to him for years but only recently started to fully appreciate the mans true contribution to music. I think it was Paul who mentioned him in the underrated albums thread and I think he is deserving of his own thread.

Soul, funk, rock etc it's all there delivered diversely and passionately. He may be a bit of a wee tit but I think he is one of the greats and massively underrated.

Next time he's here would recommend doing your utmost to see him live. One of the very best.

missed out seeing him twice. went to visit my sister in Dortmund, who incidentally used to hate him till i got her to listen to his albums, and when i got to her flat she said she was going to see him that night! then missed out when i got to Fort Lauderdale and all my mates had gone to see him, again that very night. Guy is a genius though

Don't know if you have heard this version of Purple Rain he done in 85 its fifteen minutes long. Pretty sure there was a eighteen minute version of it that use to be knocking around as well.

[YOUTUBE]eslcfAaPVP8[/YOUTUBE]

He plays quite often in the states mainly though. Bona fide genius.

I think he was playing the Las Vegas circuit a lot not long ago. He would still do the one off shows in various places around the world as well. He has been known to turn up at Montreux once in a while and even played a set at a blues festival there , though not to sure exactly when that was.

He played an outrageous guitar solo of 'whilst my guitar gently weeps' on a tribute show for George Harrison! He played along side Tom Petty! It's on YouTube but I'm a bit of a spaz and don't know how to put the link up!

He played an outrageous guitar solo of 'whilst my guitar gently weeps' on a tribute show for George Harrison! He played along side Tom Petty! It's on YouTube but I'm a bit of a spaz and don't know how to put the link up!

Yeah its been posted on here a few times in other threads mate.

In a way I am kind of sad that he is so multi talented on so many instruments as I would of loved him to of stuck with a guitar inspired career . I think its mainly the older ones among us who recognise what a talented guitarist he is and I wonder how far he could of gone if he stuck with that instrument only.

Yeah its been posted on here a few times in other threads mate.

In a way I am kind of sad that he is so multi talented on so many instruments as I would of loved him to of stuck with a guitar inspired career . I think its mainly the older ones among us who recognise what a talented guitarist he is and I wonder how far he could of gone if he stuck with that instrument only.

Agreed,I have a mate Phil,ace guitarist formerly with the famous A team,and. Before that supercharge(and now a respectable music teacher!)and he educated me as to how good a guitarist prince was,also written many songs for other artists

Can anybody remember the name of his song that had a black and white video, all the band dressed up 40's style, the song had an oboe loop (I think).

For the longest time I thought it was Diamonds and Pearls but I was wrong, now I can't remember wtf it was...

Rings a faint bell. Didn't he do a black and white film once. maybe its the film track to that?