You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Winner of the Man of the Match award for the 2012/3 season...

Morse

...as voted by you...

ynwa.tv

scouser-tommy.com

est1892.co.uk

sixcrazyminutes.com

liverpoolway.co.uk

irishkop.com

It is of course

LUIS SUAREZ!

Previous winners were:

2005 Jamie Carragher

2006 Steven Gerrard

2007 Dirk Kuyt

2008 Javier Mascherano

2009 Xabi Alonso

2010 Javier Mascherano

2011 Steven Gerrard

2012 Luis Suarez

Our Uruguayan forward has now won it twice in a row. If he keep up his form (and stays at LFC) I am sure he will be the man to beat again next year.

Discussion points:

1. Suarez is world class. He is also an enigma and a monster. He plays with passion and ALWAYS gives 100% effort. In my opinion, he could be perhaps the greatest ever Liverpool player if we can keep him and progress as a club. The decision to sell him could be a defining moment one way or another for us, hope we don't.

2. Gerrard started the season badly. After 29 games, he was languishing 9th in the table but his second half of the season has been a barnstormer. I'm not sure whether he can play to his high standards for an entire season these days...perhaps a sign that he needs to be rested as part of a rotation next year.

3. Our "best" defender was Enrique. Him and Johnson finished higher than our centre backs, an indication that our wing back play is improving.

4. Our supposed best defender, Daniel Agger, finished disappointingly in 14th place but above Skrtel and Jamie. A more consistent season in terms of performance and fitness is required next year.

5. Pepe came back into form this season...such a shame that this year will be his last.

6. The January signings were very successful. Sturridge started scoring immediately and although he needs to control his selfish tendency and stupid celebrations, he will be great. Coutinho could be as influential as Suarez next season. He can thread the ball through the eye of a needle...what a fantastic player! Let's hope it wasn't a false dawn. Daniel and Phillippe finished 5th and 6th respectively from January!!!

7. Raheem Sterling started as a revelation but I believe he suffered a little from a "too much too soon" burn-out. We need to keep an eye on him and use him in the right way. Now the court case is not an issue, he can concentrate on learning his game.

8. Our Kenny signings have improved under Rodgers. Downing has been an ever-present but I feel he just cannot cut-it long term and should be sold. The best bet is Jordan Henderson. He has played well this year when he has been give game time. He will be here in years to come...a future Stevie G.

The summer signings will be important this year...we say this every year but more so this summer as we haven't qualified once again for the Champions' League. Our star players and players we need to attract will start having second thoughts if this continues.

Next year will have to be the year we get back to the big time. 4th is a must, followed by a steady progression to the title.

To finish, I would like to congratulate out Player of the Season...LUIS SUAREZ!

trophy_golden.png

Surprised Torres never won it.

Torres is pretty much a goal scorer & not much else. His hold up play isn't great, his attitude sometimes stinks and he sulks.

I see it's pretty much accepted that Pepe will be offski in the summer (Barca ?).

That will be a hard one to replace, replacing him as well as Carra could be too much for one transfer window.............

Sturridge started scoring immediately and although he needs to control his selfish tendency and stupid celebrations, he will be great.

He can celebrate as stupidly as he wants for all i care, as long as he is scoring. In fact he can walk on all fours "eating the grass" (c. G.Houllier 2000) if he likes, it really doesn't matter how he celebrates does it?

He can celebrate as stupidly as he wants for all i care, as long as he is scoring. In fact he can walk on all fours "eating the grass" (c. G.Houllier 2000) if he likes, it really doesn't matter how he celebrates does it?

It gives the impression that it is all about him though doesn't it?

I'd rather he celebrates with his team mates, but you are probably right.

It gives the impression that it is all about him though doesn't it?

I'd rather he celebrates with his team mates, but you are probably right.

I don't care what he does when he scores. I also disagree that he is selfish. I think he lays off the ball loads. I want him to be a bit selfish though as the lad can score. His stats say it all, goals AND assists.

Henderson as the next Stevie G !!

Not in this fucking life

Got to give the guy something to aim for...

On a more serious note, it is a well known phenomenon for players to improve dramatically when an outstanding player leaves...he will blossom.

Discussion points:

1. Suarez is world class. He is also an enigma and a monster. He plays with passion and ALWAYS gives 100% effort. In my opinion, he could be perhaps the greatest ever Liverpool player if we can keep him and progress as a club. The decision to sell him could be a defining moment one way or another for us, hope we don't.

2. Gerrard started the season badly. After 29 games, he was languishing 9th in the table but his second half of the season has been a barnstormer. I'm not sure whether he can play to his high standards for an entire season these days...perhaps a sign that he needs to be rested as part of a rotation next year.

3. Our "best" defender was Enrique. Him and Johnson finished higher than our centre backs, an indication that our wing back play is improving.

4. Our supposed best defender, Daniel Agger, finished disappointingly in 14th place but above Skrtel and Jamie. A more consistent season in terms of performance and fitness is required next year.

5. Pepe came back into form this season...such a shame that this year will be his last.

6. The January signings were very successful. Sturridge started scoring immediately and although he needs to control his selfish tendency and stupid celebrations, he will be great. Coutinho could be as influential as Suarez next season. He can thread the ball through the eye of a needle...what a fantastic player! Let's hope it wasn't a false dawn. Daniel and Phillippe finished 5th and 6th respectively from January!!!

7. Raheem Sterling started as a revelation but I believe he suffered a little from a "too much too soon" burn-out. We need to keep an eye on him and use him in the right way. Now the court case is not an issue, he can concentrate on learning his game.

8. Our Kenny signings have improved under Rodgers. Downing has been an ever-present but I feel he just cannot cut-it long term and should be sold. The best bet is Jordan Henderson. He has played well this year when he has been give game time. He will be here in years to come...a future Stevie G.

The summer signings will be important this year...we say this every year but more so this summer as we haven't qualified once again for the Champions' League. Our star players and players we need to attract will start having second thoughts if this continues.

Next year will have to be the year we get back to the big time. 4th is a must, followed by a steady progression to the title.

I pretty much agree with all of this.