You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Ale Drinkers

dickie mint

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually' date=' I am snobby about me tea. Has to be Twinings Breakfast.

http://t.co/O58h5hKzXT

Just been thinking about you, stringvest, as I begin the task of trying to reclaim my garden. Its been a bit neglected but I've made some progress this afternoon. Just stopping for a mug of tea ( always M&S Gold for me) and a piece of cake, which I'm going to have sat out in the sun

Just been thinking about you, stringvest, as I begin the task of trying to reclaim my garden. Its been a bit neglected but I've made some progress this afternoon. Just stopping for a mug of tea ( always M&S Gold for me) and a piece of cake, which I'm going to have sat out in the sun

haha - My garden is a mess at the mo - it even has a flaming brazier in it as I'm having some serious building work done and it's bloody freezing....

I shit you not...

haha - My garden is a mess at the mo - it even has a flaming brazier in it as I'm having some serious building work done and it's bloody freezing....

I shit you not...

For another thread, but that does look serious....and your beautiful garden!

I'm not sure that makes me feel better or worse. Just sorry for you. You've just got to play the long game with these things

it'll be done by August. The scaffolding cost a bomb, but it means the house is completely covered and they work come rain, wind or shine. Which is just as well, as three quarters of the house doesn't have a roof and most of the upstairs walls have gone.

I will be enjoying some real ale tonight though. Hogs Back TEA. Liquid bliss.

I've been off the lager for over a year & have been drinking real ale ever since.

I don't get hangovers from it & I enjoy every pint... my local does a great pint of Pedigree, Hobgoblin & has guest beers too.

It's also interesting when you go to a pub you've never been in before & have a nice choice to choose from.... much better than the Fosters/Carling/Stella cycle you get on the lager.

its true you get much less of a hangover with quality real ale. Due to lack of chemicals of the mass produced stuff. Formaldehyde is a by product of a bad brew. Its the preservatives they but in mass produced stuff that gives you a headache.

Us beers are boss at the mo. Anchor porter is just amazing if you can find it. Just moved back to ormskirk from sheffield. I was spoiled in sheffield by the thornbridge brewery pubs but its good to see the hop vine opening near by...i have a beard. It grew when i graduated from lager.

For those of you who live in the area, there's a cracking ale walk from Twickenham to Richmond. You start on the cobbled street in Twickenham and each pub on the way does a different set of niche and generic pump ales. Done it a few times, stopping and trying something different in each one. Always end up at the Ship in Richmond. Battered.

For those of you who live in the area, there's a cracking ale walk from Twickenham to Richmond. You start on the cobbled street in Twickenham and each pub on the way does a different set of niche and generic pump ales. Done it a few times, stopping and trying something different in each one. Always end up at the Ship in Richmond. Battered.
To be honest you can do a real ale tour almost anywhere in the UK as long as you follow a pub route along a Canal or River. Got some absolute crackers in Milton Keynes.

yep. Kronie 1664 guaranteed to leave me with a migraine - even half a pint of the shite.

This - most of my worst ever hangovers have been down to Kronenbourg.

One of the great pleasures/compensations of travelling somewhere else in the country are the local ales. I've washed up in a few shitholes and then seen a Banks or a Marstons sign outside a pub and all of a sudden it doesn't seem too bad.