You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vegetarianism

King Emlyn

Are you a vegetarian?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a vegetarian?

• Yes, meat is murder
    • No, I love meat me
    • I should consider it really
    • I have no intention of ever entertaining the idea

Are you serious? I don't follow him round marking his homework, but when he makes daft statements that I see then why shouldn't i comment. Or does he have a special 'loony pass'?

You've nitpicked every post he's made without offering a single counter argument in response to any of them. When i pull you up on it, you ignore it and continue to ridicule without offering anything of substance in reply. I tell you what i'd rather listen to Red Phoenix ramble about something than listen to you belittling him non stop, it's tedious. If you have a point make it.

You've nitpicked every post he's made without offering a single counter argument in response to any of them. When i pull you up on it, you ignore it and continue to ridicule without offering anything of substance in reply. I tell you what i'd rather listen to Red Phoenix ramble about something than listen to you belittling him non stop, it's tedious. If you have a point make it.

Good for you.

I've just read what he wrote and my response, he said that REALITY was fucked because we don't fix oxygen in the same way as plants and bacteria. Don't you think that's a bit, well, daft? I pointed out we've evolved a more efficient way of obtaining energy and then he throws in evolution is a straw man. He doesn't believe in evolution, he's pointed taut out before.

Human beings inflict a footprint of pain and misery in this world.

The one I leave behind will be a bit smaller than that of a meat eater.

(and no, misery at reading my posts doesn't count - though sometimes it could be likened to having your brains bashed out, on balance it's just under)

• Upvote 1

I've just read what he wrote and my response, he said that REALITY was fucked because we don't fix oxygen in the same way as plants and bacteria. Don't you think that's a bit, well, daft? I pointed out we've evolved a more efficient way of obtaining energy and then he throws in evolution is a straw man. He doesn't believe in evolution, he's pointed taut out before.

You didn't end your post with the word "Jesus".

No he didn't say that, he said that we are Heterotrophs and that realisation puzzles him. We don't get our energy from the sun, we need to consume other organisms (plants, meat etc) to create energy, ATP for the cell to survive. If we've evolved to be more efficient we'd be able to use sunlight for energy as well. We don't use oxygen for energy because if we stopped eating and drinking we'd die. There is such a thing as a breatharian, yogi's up in the mountains that live for years off breath alone, but it's nonsense. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You'd rather eat them alive! I knew you were bad, but this?

It's RP's fault. I respect traditional cuisine too much to mess with it.

No he didn't say that, he said that we are Heterotrophs and that realisation puzzles him. We don't get our energy from the sun, we need to consume other organisms (plants, meat etc) to create energy, ATP for the cell to survive. If we've evolved to be more efficient we'd be able to use sunlight for energy as well. We don't use oxygen for energy because if we stopped eating and drinking we'd die. There is such a thing as a breatharian, yogi's up in the mountains that live for years off breath alone, but it's nonsense.

Mmm, ok.

Apologies, rico and numero, mostly. I do think you troll me at times, but if that's the case I shouldn't be feeding you and calling you silly cunts, etc. The problem is and has been, since christmas, drinking, and just getting out of it really. I've barely had 5 days in a row without drinking this year, and had started to get pretty out of it in general, so that might explain why I'm talking about heterotrophs and calling people silly cunts, etc.

I'd explain more, but I don't want woe is me accusations, or this thread turning into an argument, so will leave it. I'll probably not respond either if it looks like it's going to get dragged out again.

At least that's sorted now anyway, you cunts. Time to go and carry on my alcohol free friday night.

• Upvote 1

I bet you a lot of money you do.

I might post back (if that's what you meant), to post about veggie stuff here and there, but not to derail the thread if it can be helped. Besides, I posted mostly to apologize, it's not as if I was trying to carry on an argument. I'm a lot more able to leave threads than I used to be as well, and too busy playing SMT IV on my 3DS, so am not really bothered.

BTW : I just started buying packs of 8 quorn sausages for about £1.50 each in Tesco's, had no idea they were that cheap. Just saying if anyone else eats them. Had a few with eggs, beans, mushrooms and tomato earlier, it was great. The sausages to a meat eater might taste like shit, but for anyone who hasn't eaten meat in years, they can work really well.

• 2 months later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Seriously, I had this bacon (smoked, obviously, as I don't find children attractive) from the butchers the other day. It was actually a spiritual experience eating it. I couldn't give it up. You'd live your entire life without bacon, then you'd die.

What would be the point?

• Upvote 1

Seriously, I had this bacon (smoked, obviously, as I don't find children attractive) from the butchers the other day. It was actually a spiritual experience eating it. I couldn't give it up. You'd live your entire life without bacon, then you'd die.

What would be the point?

Was going to say a smart arsed comment about quorn bacon, but it's really fucking shit. Apart from if you burn certain types (not the quorn brand I don't think, and I used to like bacon burnt) then it can taste scarily like bacon. Really close and I have no idea how this is possible. At least I still have eggs as a non-vegan anyway, and they're fucking great (scrambled, not fried) for vitamins and minerals. And taste.

And yeah I still still fry them at times too, then they're kind of magical, but not so good for health (vitamins and minerals are reduced by several times in certain cases with frying apparently.)

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I sometimes make chilli with quorn, which isn't bad. It's not beef though, is it. I'm just a bit selfish now.

I sometimes make chilli with quorn, which isn't bad. It's not beef though, is it. I'm just a bit selfish now.

That's for some insane reason something I've still not done. Need to get some quorn chicken/beef to add to a chilli, because madras/vindaloo, etc, are up there with my favourite meals. Have usually just used veggies with a curry over recent years.

I put dry soya mince in my chilli. Cheaper than Quorn, and suitable for vegans. I make a massive amount and freeze portions in batches.

Quorn is fine in chillis though. I started making some chilli the other month, then realised I had no soya. Fortunately I found some Quorn mince in the freezer, else about a kilo of mushrooms, onions and peppers would have had to be ditched.

Quorn is fine in chillis though. I started making some chilli the other month, then realised I had no soya. Fortunately I found some Quorn mince in the freezer, else about a kilo of mushrooms, onions and peppers would have had to be ditched.

Good to know! Will try it shortly and report back. I'll probably say I loved it though, because hardly anything will deter me from loving chilli, obsessed with the stuff.

• Upvote 1

I put dry soya mince in my chilli. Cheaper than Quorn, and suitable for vegans. I make a massive amount and freeze portions in batches.

See, now that's not a post a functioning human in a supposedly civilised part of the world should have to make.