You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

If ince is our only attacking signing then I'll be gutted. We need some real quality.

We might do, but we might not. We could have a front three of Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez, and it doesn't get much better than that. Then we have Sterling, Downing, Suso, Borini and Assiaidi. That's not too shabby.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for us to sign Eriksen, but I don't think it will be a disaster if we get Ince.

To be fair a matured sterling in the attack with suarez, sturridge, coutinho and gerrard pushing them is sexy. Honestly think apart from maybe city we would have the best attack in the league. And city will lose tevez and dzeko this summer.

To be fair a matured sterling in the attack with suarez, sturridge, coutinho and gerrard pushing them is sexy. Honestly think apart from maybe city we would have the best attack in the league. And city will lose tevez and dzeko this summer.

I think Sterling is really going to come on next season. Just a gut feeling I have.

I remember reading somewhere that we're after another forward so someone like Gameiro or Remy would probably be ideal.

Rumours abound that we've agreed to sign the barcelona youngster Sergi Canos.

He's 16 so not a first team signing.

Apparently Tello's still on the block with his release clause (around £8.5m), but Barca might offer a new deal depending on Cuenca's injuries. I like how he's developed and think he's flourish in the Premiership as he's looking a much more powerful runner these days.

I actually think a young attacking midfielder WHO SCORES GOALS is exactly what we need.

Like it or not, Gerrard is going to start to decline soon, probably as soon as next season. He's so good that even at 80% of his best he's better than almost anyone else, but eventually we're going to have to replace him. I can see him being played off the bench more and rested over the next couple of seasons, and right now we don't have anyone who can offer what he does if we move to a 4-3-3. I also think that as Gerrard loses a bit of the burst that has always made him extra special he can and will be moved deeper and thus we still benefit from his vision even as we do lose some of his goals.

Coutinho might be the answer, but I'd rather see him up front with Sturridge and Suarez and some flexibility. Bring in Mkhitaryan/Eriksen or whomever, play him with two of Lucas/Allen/Henderson/Gerrard and we look very strong all the way around our front 6. That would leave just the defense to attend to.

If ince is our only attacking signing then I'll be gutted. We need some real quality.

Rodgers has said that he wants another two attacking players - so it would be Suarez, Stouridge, Ince, Borini, Sterling, Coutinho, Downing and a.n. other - Coutinho can play central at home and out wide away with either Henderson, Shelvey or Allen moving central in the away matches. If we could find our Michu equivalent then even better, a 6ft plus attacking midfielder who scores would be great.

Would be very happy if Tello and Ince came.

But I want Wanyama.

I've called Downing a shit player plenty of times.

I'll say it again if it helps.

Stewart Downing is a shit player. You get an 8/10 from him once every 10 games. The other nine hes 5 or 6/10. This is far from acceptable.

Moving him on should be high on the priority list

I'm revising my sell list. Someone has to go,more than one, in terms of finding funding. It'll be a lean season with no Euro, and B-Rod has spent plenty.

1. The ban will be pissing Luis off, so no guarantees that he wont cut his losses in England. We could survive. Massive cash injection.

2. Downing would accept being a squad player, and we wouldn't get much due to his age, whereas Hendersons age, form, and national selection would command a nice fee. We could see him unloaded.

3. Glen Johnson takes no pride in his shirt these days, and is getting close his use by date, in terms of a transfer fee. We have backup of Wisdom and Kelly, who have youth on their side, and experience,and, they are adaptive. Johnson could go.

I just have a sneaking suspicion that Sturridge wont shine, with Luis at the club. Just throwing it out there.

Those three players would fund excellent selective purchases. Downing is capable enough to continue to play a role, and maybe his wages are lower than Hendo's (?) but I may be wrong. We have heaps of midfield youth anyway, so Hendo, as much as I'd miss him, is an asset to be sold, maybe.

If we could get one or two wide forwards i'd not be unhappy at all if we didnt sign that 'ready made' playmaker for attacking central midfield, Coutinho has been absolutely fantastic in that role and there's nothing to suggest he wont continue to get better.

Besides from CB i think we need a beast of a central midfielder more than anything. Im really hoping these Wanyama rumours are more than just talk. At only 21 i think he's going to be something else.

It seems advised for us to strengthen at the back as a priority.

Id like a couple of signings there,a cm and a cf.

Mind you might be forced into looking for two strikers if luis goes.

Weve got a lot of attacking players but the key is the balance of them.

I feel its not quite right just yet.

Isn't that Boudebouz out of contract soon? Has he been any good recently? He seems to be quite talented but might be the type who flatters to deceive a bit. Mertens would probably be a better option but would no doubt cost quite a bit more.

So, your idea is to sell our best player; a young player who is now starting to find his feet; and one of our most experienced players even thiugh we're losing a lot of experience at the back already?

We'll need funding, as I said...it'll be a case of funds in and funds out - hey - it always is, with us. If Luis wholeheartedly wants to stay, then obviously, we have a goal machine pretty much, but if he wants off, my gut feeling is that Sturridge might actually contribute more - like I say, it's just a gut feeling.

As for Henderson, well, the whole debate about who is better ( v Allen ) is a nonsense really. The fact of the matter is that they are very similar players, who play in very similar roles, and I think it's unrealistic to keep both, with the arrival of Coutinho, and bearing in mind the owners' desire to develop and on-sell. Allen has just arrived, so he aint going anywhere. Henderson came in under the previous regime, so is the obvious choice - we'd at least get what we paid for him if we sold now, in my opinion. Downing on the other hand is past his sell on date (at profit) and is useful on either side of midfield, and willing to accept that squad role, at this time in his career.

Glen Johnson, for me, has a lousy attitude. Either he wants to go, or he wants an easy ride. Fuck that attitude; and personally, I would be choosing Kelly as my number one right back, assuming good fitness. I felt that when he got in his groove, he was all round a better player than Johnson. Wisdom is also maturing nicely, and we simply can't afford a bigger squad.

Obviously if the owners come to the party with the dosh to continue to expand the squad, then no worries, but is that likely?? We just can't afford to keep a big squad..that's why so many were sent on their way at the end of last season. Choices need to be made.

Edited by KopOut

Apparently Fede Vico is signing.18 Spanish midfielder from Cordoba.5 foot 9 according to wikipedia.

Based on two whole Youtube clips, I can say that he plays from the left, looks skillful, and seems to work hard.

I also read that he's "the only player in Spain under 21 with over 15 assists this season", albeit in the second division.