You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

no doubt had we offloaded Reina first then got massively overcharged for Mignolet due to clubs knowing we needed a first choice keeper we'd be seeing the exact same people moaning

We're paying up to £11m for Mignolet. So please explain how we would have been overcharged any more if we sold Reina first?

My guess is we'll pay half a Reina's wages for a year. If Mignolet get injured and we're going to look even more fucking stupid.

What happens if Barca don't want him in a years time?

This is a new level of ineptness.

no doubt had we offloaded Reina first then got massively overcharged for Mignolet due to clubs knowing we needed a first choice keeper we'd be seeing the exact same people moaning

Not really true is it, it's better to not seem desperate to sell a goalie then it is to be in the market for a new goalie, mignolet is not the only keeper we could have bought but reina is the only one we can sell.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What's the big fucking deal? When Minge-o-lait settles in and plays well nobody will give a fuck about what reina's at.

The loan move pisses me off a bit. If we were going to get a transfer fee to cover Mignolet, then fine. In this case, it's only going to save money. I don't think many/anybody is saying it's a great deal, just that it might be the best deal if Reina himself turned down a permanent move to anywhere other than Barca. I'm hoping more info will come out from the likes of Pearce or Barrett.

How the fuck anybody can say loaning out Reina is a good idea is quite simply idiotic.

Well, some people here will rather try to justify obvious stupidity rather than admit Rodgers can mess things up, and mess it up he has. Napoli just got £55 million for Cavani and all we could achieve is a loan.

Competition my ass!

Well' date=' some people here will rather try to justify obvious stupidity rather than admit Rodgers can mess things up, and mess it up he has. Napoli just got £55 million for Cavani and all we could achieve is a loan.

Competition my ass![/quote']

There owner publicly said during the week they've EUR120m to spend

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The fact we gave Jones a new contract tells me the plan was to replace reina all along. He's obviously waiting for Barcelona next season. Best of luck to him. He owes us nothing.

Yep, same thoughts here. If he turned down a permanent move in anticipation for Barca, then that's fine. It won't stop people taking aim at [insert name of person they don't like], though.

What's the right way? Sell him first and then be scrambling round for a 'keeper late in the window and end up paying through the nose 'cos everyone knows we're desperate?

Coz' paying up to £11 million for Mignolet and loaning Reina to a team that just received £55 million for Cavani is? In all honesty, I would take the above option. We got it wrong, end of.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Coz' paying up to £11 million for Mignolet and loaning Reina to a team that just received £55 million for Cavani is? In all honesty, I would take the above option. We got it wrong, end of.

Do you know the details of the deal? Have you spoken to Reina about what he thought about a permanent move?

Not really true is it, it's better to not seem desperate to sell a goalie then it is to be in the market for a new goalie, mignolet is not the only keeper we could have bought but reina is the only one we can sell.

Mignolet is the best we could've got imo, I've liked him for a while and always thought he has been very good and full of potential and last year he stepped it up even more so I'm confident he won't be a one season wonder.

If the loan move does go through its disappointing as we all thought we'd get a half decent fee for him but theres already been various reasons suggested why it looks like a loan including:

Doesn't want to leave here permanently

No real permanent offers are coming in

Holding out for Barca next year

so god knows what it actually is but I'm sure the club wouldn't loan if the option for the sell was there, he is paid way too much money to be a sub keeper (which is what he'd be imo, he is well past his best and it amazes me some think he is still world class although maybe a move will rejuvenate him) so providing any wage savings are re-invested in an outfield player I have no issue with loaning him out if that indeed is the only option.

We've done some dumb transfer deals over the years but this one is right up there. I'd say it's a fair assumption that Reina was definitely going to Barcelona this Summer until Valdes couldn't quite pull the trigger on his own move. If I was Reina I'd be quietly nervous that Valdes might realise that life in Barcelona is pretty great and Reina's left twisting in the wind.

Reina on loan?? This has to be a joke? What the fuck are we turning into if its to save wages it should be put back into the team.

I might be wrong but I don't think this is happening so where is all this saved money goin? I wonder how much we have got from the wage bill and how much it is now?

I find it quite hard to give a shit. Unless you pay lunatic transfer fees and then give a 24 year old dickhead a million quid a month in wages you aren't going to win the league. It's a game of footy! Fucking crazy shit. Seriously I don't give a fuck, it makes me sick. I'm just going to watch the games and hope we do well. I'm repeating myself here but there's one or two others here who repeat themselves so ill not worry unduly. Wake up, it's a waste of fucking money, football has turned in to a bizarre bag of shite. I seriously wish I could fuck it off.

I find it quite hard to give a shit. Unless you pay lunatic transfer fees and then give a 24 year old dickhead a million quid a month in wages you aren't going to win the league. It's a game of footy! Fucking crazy shit. Seriously I don't give a fuck, it makes me sick. I'm just going to watch the games and hope we do well. I'm repeating myself here but there's one or two others here who repeat themselves so ill not worry unduly. Wake up, it's a waste of fucking money, football has turned in to a bizarre bag of shite. I seriously wish I could fuck it off.

Well said, I'm feeling the exact same way football is gone to shit for all the reasons you have said.

It's all about money the game is ruined and is just getting worst.

Do you know the details of the deal? Have you spoken to Reina about what he thought about a permanent move?

Do you? Coz' your whole premise for being fine with this deal is that Reina would have turned down a permanent deal from Napoli. Nothing as such has been suggested anywhere, and till then it's a shit deal for me. In fact, even if it was, a loan would be a fucking shit deal anyway. So, shit deal in any case.

As retarded a suggestion as I've ever heard. If this is true it's a game changer, it means the manager is fucking stooge and a liar, it means the owners only give a shit about the cost base and it means we may as well all pack it in.