You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Erm...the problem was buying Carroll in the first place, not loaning him out!

Exactly. Loaning him out worked out so badly, didn't it? I mean, it's not like we got a superb amount back for him rather than letting him rot on the bench.

My thoughts exactly.

Pepe was angling for a move since we finished the season, but came unstuck when Valdes decided to stay for another year. We had a choice - use him as 2nd keeper (and pay his big wages), sell him to another club for the price we want (quite difficult as I don't see who's gonna take him) or loan him out.

The loan deal is a good compromise which suits both parties - if Mignolet turns out to be a disaster (highly unlikely as he was the best keeper in the league last season) or gets long-term injury, then we could always recall Pepe back - no biggie!

With the loan deal we take him off our books, keep his value decent and could call him back, if needed.

I also think that we may have put an option to do a permanent deal at an agreed price, if Pepe wants to stay there with Rafa (and his favoured 'keeper coach).

Win-win, so I don't see what the problem is really - apart from the resident drama queens who are in full force this evening, trying to get noticed.

It will be interesting to see if there is a recall clause. I imagine Napoli wouldnt agree to that with a season long loan for someone who is going to be first choice for them.

Am I doing what on purpose? Taking your quote and adding the context of a date to it? Yes, I am. That's absolutely my purpose.

Yeah, that's over 6 months after Rodgers said he wasn't selling Reina and backed his under-performing player.

Stop cherry picking and you wont be such a confused little vagabond.

Rodgers consulted Reina about the signing of Mignolet just before the end of the season, like he says in that interview dated 24th of June.

Has anything being confirmed about this loan deal or is everybody flapping over a rumour still. If it hasn't happened then I don't see why they wont buy him if they want him even with his wages which even if they take him on loan they will still have to pay him

Erm...the problem was buying Carroll in the first place, not loaning him out!

Erm...you clearly can't read. I said Rodgers was full of shit and it first became clear with his bullshitting about Carroll. Buying Carroll in the first place has fuck all to with Rodgers being full of shit. Just to refreshen your memory:

"There is absolutely no chance [of a loan deal] - and certainly not Newcastle"

"I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got (Luis) Suarez, Fabio Borini, and Andy Carroll.

"I would need to be a nutcase even to consider at this moment to let Carroll go out, unless there are other solutions for that."

So, there you have it. "I would be a nutcase to let Carroll got out on loan and not replace him". Letting Carroll go on loan he did. Replace him he didn't. So, Brendan Rodgers is a fucking nutcase, as per his own admission I may add.

Has anything being confirmed about this loan deal or is everybody flapping over a rumour still. If it hasn't happened then I don't see why they wont buy him if they want him even with his wages which even if they take him on loan they will still have to pay him

They've spent about £4m on some Brazilian keeper in his early 20s. Wouldn't be surprised if he got loaned out and then became their number 1 next year.

Rodgers is a puppet. FSG only interested in the bottom line cost - they are not arsed about winning trophies. We will not progress with them - just my opinion

In my opinion that's a load of shit.

Let's remember what the squad was like before they arrived - Soto, Konchesky, Aquilani, Degan, Cole, Poulsen, Ngog, Jovanovic etc.

To say we are not progressing is rubbish. We've spent plenty of money since they have come as well, wasted a lot of it on Carroll and Downing.

We've given long contracts to our best players since then as well and not sold any of our best players except Torres (who had a realease clause, something they didn't put into the contract).

They want to reduce the wage bill, but we all should it was vast and more importantly poor players were getting paid massive wages and we had to pay off a bunch of the players I mentioned above.

Reina is one player who was not performing to the level of what he was getting paid. He was hinting about wanting to go to Barca. So you can see why Rodgers and the club have done what they have done. I'm a big Reina fan, but I don't think this is an awful decision, as long as Mignolet proves he is good enough to replace him and we all don't know if that is the case as of yet.

FSG are trying to get our house in order and I think they are doing a good job at doing that looking at what they inherited.

So Napoli pull out of the cesar deal because they won't pay his wage of 70k a week.

They are now close to getting pepe, who is reportedly on 100k a week.

Wonder how they are going to do that? Oh yeah, we will be paying at least 30k a week.

We all knew pepe was off once mingolet deal was done and in my opinion it was a massive mistake to sign him before pepe left.

Once other clubs knew we had spent 9million on a keeper and had pepe, they knew we weren't in a strong position to negotiate a decent transfer for pepe.

Everyone knows FSG want to reduce to the wage bill (by how much, I'm not sure), so there was no chance we would allow a player who is earning over 4mill a year to sit on his arse. Therefore our position to negotiate had been taken from us, other clubs where in the driving seat and could (and have) been able to get a deal that benefits them.

I think it's time pepe left, his performances over the past 2 years haven't been good enough, but to loan him out, whilst still paying a big percentage of his wage is a joke.

FSG only interested in the bottom line cost - they are not arsed about winning trophies. We will not progress with them - just my opinion

That may well be the case (only time will tell and I am erring on that side of the fence too), but in this particular instance, I think a sensible decision has been made - for both parties.

It will be interesting to see if there is a recall clause. I imagine Napoli wouldnt agree to that with a season long loan for someone who is going to be first choice for them.

I would imagine even Ayre won't be that stupid to agree on a loan deal without the possibility of recalling Pepe in some extraordinary circumstances, if needed.

In my opinion that's a load of shit.

Let's remember what the squad was like before they arrived - Soto, Konchesky, Aquilani, Degan, Cole, Poulsen, Ngog, Jovanovic etc.

To say we are not progressing is rubbish. We've spent plenty of money since they have come as well, wasted a lot of it on Carroll and Downing.

We've given long contracts to our best players since then as well and not sold any of our best players except Torres (who had a realease clause, something they didn't put into the contract).

They want to reduce the wage bill, but we all should it was vast and more importantly poor players were getting paid massive wages and we had to pay off a bunch of the players I mentioned above.

Reina is one player who was not performing to the level of what he was getting paid. He was hinting about wanting to go to Barca. So you can see why Rodgers and the club have done what they have done. I'm a big Reina fan, but I don't think this is an awful decision, as long as Mignolet proves he is good enough to replace him and we all don't know if that is the case as of yet.

FSG are trying to get our house in order and I think they are doing a good job at doing that looking at what they inherited.

You are entitled to your opinion. Lets see who is right at the end of next season

It's the middle of July, no sign of Jim White anywhere. Crazy loans like this happen when all options have been exhausted, not with 6 weeks left until the window closes. Financially I would say it makes more sense to release him, let Barca have him for free and they can tell Valdes to do one.

Well someones already answered why it'd be daft to release him but in relation to your other point maybe Barcelona have given him their word for next season when Valdes goes and he is refusing to go anywhere permanent til then? All pure conjecture on my part and could well be wrong but what I am certain is we won't have taken the decision to loan him out lightly if of course it does indeed happen

I would imagine even Ayre won't be that stupid to agree on a loan deal without the possibility of recalling Pepe in some extraordinary circumstances, if needed.

And, I would imagine Napoli won't be that stupid to accept a deal with a recall option, and be fucked without a goalie if we decide to exercise the option. And, based on recent history, my bet is on Napoli being far shrewder than us.

Sell Reina for £10m + or keep him, fuck this loan shite right out the door.

Mignolet was a regular for Sunderland. No disrespect intended to Sunderland but this is Liverpool, if he aint good enough, Reina plays, vice versa.

GK's in serious competition

CB'S Agger, Skrtel, Toure, Kelly

LB's Enrique, Johnson

RB's Johnson Kelly

DM's Allen, Lucas

If we add the Greek so be it, lets be fucking strong for the love of baby Jesus.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Reina must have wanted out

Nope, sorry. Rodgers is on a one-man mission to destroy the football club by forcing out our best players and replacing them with FSG's choice of players. All so FSG can pay them less and earn loads of money, just like they did last season and the season before, when the club lost a load of money.