You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This all comes from letting Gatland go away with the Lions for a year instead of telling him its either Wales or the Lions, you can't do both.

Although why you can't do both is a fucking mystery to me.

Yep.

Woodward and Henry both led the Lions whilst managing 6 nation sides and despite what they promised picked slightly biased sides. A lot more so in Henry's case.

Gatland has left Wales in the lurch and despite his public promises will still pick a slightly biased Welsh influenced lions squad so what was the point?

Is it just me though who thinks they get away with a lot more than any other northern hemisphere team with their 'professionalism' around the rucks & breakdown.

Play the ref.

I definately think Ireland get away with more but they aren't so fucking stupid as most other northern hemisphere sides. If you're going straight in in front of the ref and continue when he's telling you to stop don't be surprised when you get pinged for it.

Ireland just know how to push it to the limit without going too far better than the other sides.

Much like Woodward's England side who were one of the most cynical sides going at the time.

Play the ref.

I definately think Ireland get away with more but they aren't so fucking stupid as most other northern hemisphere sides. If you're going straight in in front of the ref and continue when he's telling you to stop don't be surprised when you get pinged for it.

Ireland just know how to push it to the limit without going too far better than the other sides.

Much like Woodward's England side who were one of the most cynical sides going at the time.

Definitely something to that LF, the McCaw syndrome I suppose, but some times it is absolutely blatant & gets ignored, whereas Wales only need to sneeze near the breakdown & get pinged. I often wondered whether some refs were a bit wary of McConnell & O'Driscoll.