You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Rather than the small-time view that he now wants Man Utd to fail, I still think he's co-managing them, and it's a disaster. The tactics aren't Moyes. The team selections aren't Moyes. Calling for refereeing protection of certain players isn't Moyes. He's not even dressing himself anymore. Moyes best hope is to buy Baines because everything went through him at Everton.

Don't understand the fear they may sack him.  It's abundantly clear they're not flush, and he has a 6 year contract.

We know ourselves that the cost to cut a failing manager is never limited to his own enormous payoff - it's all his staff, it's likely paying a fee for a new manager, it's the visible change of culture placing immediate pressure on any future manager who has a poor run of form because this precedent is seen by the media as an open goal.  In this case it's the cost of paying Fellaini off so he can go and work on a fairground somewhere.

The die is cast already for them, no manager will recover the points he was worth within the club, let alone those his unprecedented tenure grew to be worth outside of it.  Keep Moyes or sack him, either works well for us in truth.  Everytime I see the phrase "Sir Alex Ferguson, former Manchester United manager" it brings a smile as wide as the gap between their points totals with him and what they'll now accrue without him.

Getting worried for him now, all going downhill too fast.

He needs to up moral. He could try pinning loads of medals on his chest to prove he's a winner. It worked for prince Edward, every year he appears at the cenotaph draped in the things when the closet combat he's seen is playing a game of its a knockout.

Or he could organise a game show night to boast the moral of the whole squad. I suggest a bullseye night. Get Jim Bowen back to host it, " nothing in this game for two in a bed" or more apt, wheel out the league title and fa cup at the end of the show " lets have a look at what you could've won"

Or pretend he had a drive around Manchester all he saw was red flags, worked at everton.

Or pretend for the umteenth time the old chestnut that Cristiano Ronaldo would love to rejoin the club and the club are working on bringing him back.

Or sit in a darkened room with a bottle of whisky and play this old classic on loop

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-slwuoj9g

They cannot sack him without at least appearing to give him a wad to invest in the squad.  i suspect this wad will come from selling Rooney or RVP plus a few others. They will do all they can to deflect any blame for their plight on the owners. Much as i dislike their support it will be a tinderbox should they appear to be in permanent decline as a result of the owners. Massive loss of potential sale revenue will be avoided at all costs as a result of fan unrest.

They cannot sack him without at least appearing to give him a wad to invest in the squad.  i suspect this wad will come from selling Rooney or RVP plus a few others. They will do all they can to deflect any blame for their plight on the owners. Much as i dislike their support it will be a tinderbox should they appear to be in permanent decline as a result of the owners. Massive loss of potential sale revenue will be avoided at all costs as a result of fan unrest.

The funds won't come from selling anyone. Their investment is the only thing good ol' Malcolm is interested in, and he's not stupid. They will have money to invest without sales. the club has lost £200m in value since Moyes arrived, so they won't risk making that £400m by selling Rooney and signing a couple of players. Just wont happen. 

They cannot sack him without at least appearing to give him a wad to invest in the squad. i suspect this wad will come from selling Rooney or RVP plus a few others. They will do all they can to deflect any blame for their plight on the owners. Much as i dislike their support it will be a tinderbox should they appear to be in permanent decline as a result of the owners. Massive loss of potential sale revenue will be avoided at all costs as a result of fan unrest.

I disagree. With that lot, there is an even bigger chance for the owners to 'cash-in' on this unique and not-to-be-missed opportunity - remember the green-and-gold scarfs bought from their club shop and other 'official' outlets?