You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

mancs away 13/1/2012

Bjornebye

Some ridiculous reactions on here today, are people seriously moaning at rodgers for not going there and attacking from the start, have people forgot our position in the league and the difference in quality of both teams?

We were doing well in the first half at keeping them quiet until they scored clinically, borini has just come back from injury and sturridge is not match fit, I find it laughable people criticising rodgers for not starting them especially borini who has been getting stick all season before he was injured.

Positive signs for me, some players were not up to their standards (gerrad,suarez,johnson,allen) not the managers fault, Id be interested to see anyone who said before the game we should go attack manu from the start with a front 3 of suarez borini and sturridge.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was too late then though game was over or we certainly were not in a position to win - may as well been 3-0

Yeah I'm not saying I agree with how Rodgers did things. Can't fathom Lucas being off in the 2nd, why Suso didn't even make the bench, (injured?) and maybe Shelvey should've got on the pitch. But at least we saw the team looking like a real threat in the 2nd instead of the shite we saw in the 1st just repeated. A team like that might be good enough to get us a lot more decent results than we've had so far.

I think we really do need to have more patience. At the end of this season we'll have a lot better idea of how good or not Rodgers is, think it's still too early to tell yet.

Cue Code and heap of absolute nonsense.

Read my post on the MF from about an hour before kick off, sadly thats exactly what we did in the first half and we paid for it.

Good second half though, but the managers tactics have cost us far too often this season, we'll probably soon see someone praising him for his ability to make changes and turn the phase of the game.

Our players are good enough to fight for a top 4 spot, we are underperfoming because of tactics and set up.

We underperformed last season as well, but not to the same degree, it obviously did not happen all season and our cup runs made our disappointing league performances towards the end a little bit brighter.

I've said all along that Rodgers need to realize he need to change things, if he can do that he will do okay, if not we will see these kind of games again and again and again.

We lost to away to a team who has better players than us. Ok we were better second half, that's cos we were already losing so naturally they will sit back. If we had started with 3 up top, with there counter attacks could have been worse.

Chill out

So fuckin what if they are likely champions what should we do lie down? First half we stood off and looked scared of them, Sturridge should have started the game

And second half we were the better side. I said it's early days, fuck me, if it had been a cup final 6 years into the manager's regin, I'd be livid, but it's a fucking league match in a season where we're destined to finish 7th or 8th, and we gave it a right good go in the second half with some attacking positives. It's disappointing to lose, and the first half was woeful but the reaction is incredible given the context.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Wrong starting 11, much better second half and overall not too downbeat.

Some of the comments on here are totally laughable. We've lost 8 out of the last 9 at Old Trafford with 4 different managers, but it's 'Rodgers out'.

Grow a fucking pair and stop being such fucking whingers.

Good post. I think people don't have a realistic idea of where we are as a team at the moment. I do think we had a poor first half, but I also think we had a much better first half. Van Persie cuts like a scalpel. His goal and free kick delivery were both superb.

On the plus side, we looked good with decent attacking players on the pitch. Once they get fit from being out for a long time, it should improve us. We need more players and more time, but there are positives to take from it.

well I thought we were utter gash in the first half and thats all I have to say about that really

second half much better, really pleased with the signs Sturridge and Suarez showed of link ups and glad for Sturridge to get a goal, also felt when Borini came on despite him not actually doing all that much it was another body getting in the box which hasn't been happening with only Luis as a forward, wasn't really Luis' day for whatever reason, looked a bit off the pace especially in the first half, think once Borini and Sturridge are good to start games Sterling needs a rest as well, thought Allen was poor first half and was questioning what he really brings to the side as I thought he was really good at first but then hasn't offered much lately but he was then fantastic in the second half, Downing did fuck all but I'm not sure that was him doing a bottle job or just not getting the service

Oh and I hope to fuck that bastarding cunt wankstain Evra doesn't get credited with the goal

Fuck me. Check out our previous results for a reflection of how we tend to do at OT. Under lots of different managers.

We were better before they brought on Jones. Which is why they brought on Jones.

I swear to fucking God there are gobshites on here who are glad we lost so they can have a pop.

First time in 6 seasons we have lost both home and away to the mancs.

On a side note, a Rodgers team have never beaten the mancs, they have lost them all..

A frigid and timid first half where we were completely preoccupied with what the opposition could to us rather than what we could do to them. The starting 11 was less the problem than the attitude. Better in the 2nd half after they scored when we started to think about the problems that we could cause them but the job was near impossible by that point.

Rodgers performed dismally today again

We have not beaten a team in the top half of the table and neither have we looked likely to

We saw today again that rodgers really does not know what he is doing

Rodgers didn't play. But I would say that I'm not sure why he's persisting with Joe Allen when Henderson has performed much better. Also, Downing didn't perform today, but we're not surprised by that, are we?

And second half we were the better side. I said it's early days, fuck me, if it had been a cup final 6 years into the manager's regin, I'd be livid, but it's a fucking league match in a season where we're destined to finish 7th or 8th, and we gave it a right good go in the second half with some attacking positives. It's disappointing to lose, and the first half was woeful but the reaction is incredible given the context.

The biggest issue was the first team selection and how we were set up. Most people could see that it wouldnt work before the game even started.

First half we could have been 3 or 4 down. That aspect is the most frustrating.

Infuriating that. If we actually played them from the off instead of shitting ourselves for an hour until they went 2 up, we would have comfortably taken atleast a point today.

Poor team selection and poor set up from the manager. Suarez was totally isolated until Sturridge came on. Everyone knows you can get at that Manc side so why the fuck didn't we bother? Rodgers fucked up there. Another pathetic result at Old Trafford.

First time in 6 seasons we have lost both home and away to the mancs.

On a side note, a Rodgers team have never beaten the mancs, they have lost them all..

we'll completely ignore the fact that we had 10 men for an hour in the home game after Jonjo had the audacity to do a tackle and that we were denied a blatant penalty whilst they got a ridiculous one and we completely out played them though

As he explained before, he's not fit and doesn't want to rush him.

How can he be fit to play against Mansfield but not against Man Utd?

Howcome if he was unfit he played 45 minutes today? What is the difference with him playing the first and second half?

For somebody who was unfit he was head and shoulders above any of our other players today.

A wasted opportunity to get something out of the game.

Suarez v 4 defenders in the first half was ridiculous and it was easy to see how comfortable the mancs were because of it. With two strikers on the bench it was annoying to think we could have used them with Suarez,half each for example.

Second half showed how much better we function with at least two attacking options and a system the players actually seem to feel comfortable with.

It seems the biggest hurdle Rodgers is facing is his own reluctance to be flexible and use a system or shape that suits our current players.

Could have been so much better with a less negative attitude from players and manager.