You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Reina is/was a great shot stopper, you pair of lunatics.

Don't agree with that at all. Worst part of his game by a mile. Barely saves shots that are on target and aren't straight at him.

I remember him making a brilliant save at Anfield earlier in the season from a close header....but can't think of too many other top saves in recent times. I suspect a shots on target/goals ratio for our opponents wouldn't do him any favours. I've felt for a while that any half decent shot on target will be a goal.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, I think you'll find almost anyone else could do a better job than him, and would crawl over broken glass to join us.

Nobody is saying that. However, would you deny there are keepers out there who are likely to perform much better than Reina has the past couple or three seasons?

Guest San Don

Like I've said before, his heart is here but his head isnt.

Im not convinced Reina will 'improve' that much if he does decide to leave or if rodgers decides to move him om. You only have to look at el sulk to see that.

Yeah, maybe. Or like you mentioned, a change in keeping coach.

Maybe Mike Kelly and John Achterberg aren't good enough.

I'm not sure a change of goal keeping coach can help him now. I don't know if that's the problem anymore. And I just don't know what it's goin to take for him to get his form back. It's sad because he seems such a likeable guy and he clearly loves the club but, if he can't regain his form soon, for the good of the club, I think he should be moved on.

I'm not sure a change of goal keeping coach can help him now. I don't know if that's the problem anymore. And I just don't know what it's goin to take for him to get his form back. It's sad because he seems such a likeable guy and he clearly loves the club but, if he can't regain his form soon, for the good of the club, I think he should be moved on.

*Shrugs*

It'll be Atletico I reckon if he does go.

This is a tough one. The most glaring problem in the side is goalscoring. But all good teams have a good goalie behind them. Pepe definitely was a great Prem goalie. His form has been off for a while, and I'd say that makes him an average Prem goalie. That has been the case for perhaps two years.

It is a gamble to change him, but a lot is down to the player. If he is showing Rodgers that he is fighting hard to lead us back up there, it will turn around and he will be a great asset. If it is all a bit meh, then I am sure a decision will be made, and at that point it will be for the best for all parties.

If the likes of Butland come in the gamble is whether or not they will prove to be more like Kirkland or Hart.

Don't agree with that at all. Worst part of his game by a mile. Barely saves shots that are on target and aren't straight at him.

Rainer lost interest when Torres left, he probably saw that as the start of the decline that we are now in.

If he has lost interest (and I think he's lost something) it would be nice if he tried putting a good display on to get other clubs interested. I hold the view that any first-teamers that are sold, unless they're old and infirm, should not be sold to our rivals - a group which has grown from 3 or 4 to over a dozen lately.

Jones seemed to have more command, more leadership in the defence.

Problem is he'd probably cost a fortune.

Everyone (even our scouts probably) knows he's the best young keeper in the world.

We have absolutely no chance of signing him.

This is kind of the problem when people start accepting the idea of selling players like Reina, they kid themselves that we'll buy a high quality player to replace them. Despite the fact that all recent evidence would point to this not happening.

"Yeah, we could improve on Lucas" "Ah fuck, is that Karl Henry? Didn't expect..."