You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Half and Half Scarf

jacksonc

Even the title of the thread will make some people's blood boil but give me a second here....I took my lad on sunday to the Newcastle game, it was his 9th birthday, got his pic in the programme, got him a match badge, managed to see a decent game after his last few games, Blackpool, Wigan, Swansea, QPR, say no more....

Anyway I wanted to get him a match scarf but they'd all sold out - does anyone want to sell me one? Send me a PM if you do. He'd be made up. Cheers.

You know what I fucking really hate... Half Liverpool, half Celtic/Rangers scarves.

Why the fuck do so many of our supporters like to attach themselves to either of those horrible cunts? Supporting two teams is fucking dirty if you ask me and those two are even dirtier. Everytime I see someone wearing one of those scarves, I hope that the have some sort of accident that causes the scarf to choke or decapitate them.

Divided loyalties??? Go and fuck yourselves with a cactus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fuck off fugitive, i was brought up in liverpool by my glaswegian dad. im fucking proud to support both teams and my half n half celtic/reds scarf is one of my favourite things! cant stand the cross liverpool/utd ones i keep seein when we play them! what the fuck!

• Upvote 1

Even the title of the thread will make some people's blood boil but give me a second here....I took my lad on sunday to the Newcastle game, it was his 9th birthday, got his pic in the programme, got him a match badge, managed to see a decent game after his last few games, Blackpool, Wigan, Swansea, QPR, say no more....

Anyway I wanted to get him a match scarf but they'd all sold out - does anyone want to sell me one? Send me a PM if you do. He'd be made up. Cheers.

Did a jester hat come free with that?

• Downvote 1

Can't remember being 9? I can, I went to see Liverpool v watford I think wearing an england tracksuit and some one having a go saying I shouldn't wear that to a liverpool match - maybe i'll buy us both jester hats and come sit in front of you at the next game?

• Upvote 3

Half and half scarves are bad but the worst was years ago.

I went to the Arsenal game(God hatrick) and some little twat was wearing arsenal shorts and a liverpool shirt.

Theres a kid that lives on my mams road that is a bit of a nutter. Anyway my younger brother and I were having a kickabout and this headcase comes over and starts joining in. (when I say kid he is about 16) He was wearing the green liverpool keeper jersey. He toe blowed a shot in and he celebrated by taking the LFC top off and underneath was the Red united jersey with Owen 7 on the back.

My brother said he was wearing a city and spurs jersey the other week too.

Guest ShoePiss
You know what I fucking really hate... Half Liverpool, half Celtic/Rangers scarves.

Why the fuck do so many of our supporters like to attach themselves to either of those horrible cunts? Supporting two teams is fucking dirty if you ask me and those two are even dirtier. Everytime I see someone wearing one of those scarves, I hope that the have some sort of accident that causes the scarf to choke or decapitate them.

Divided loyalties??? Go and fuck yourselves with a cactus.

Started my match going in the mid-80's and it was always like this. In fact we'd make our own bobble hats (with the bobble removed obviously) out of a Liverpool and Celtic or Rangers one. 3/4 Liverpool, 1/4 Celtic in my case as I hated blue and it looked better with green anyway.

Then there'd be a chant on the kop with one half shouting Rangers, the other Celtic.

You would have been outraged, as a 10 yr old I thought it was boss.

Guest ShoePiss
Theres a kid that lives on my mams road that is a bit of a nutter. Anyway my younger brother and I were having a kickabout and this headcase comes over and starts joining in. (when I say kid he is about 16) He was wearing the green liverpool keeper jersey. He toe blowed a shot in and he celebrated by taking the LFC top off and underneath was the Red united jersey with Owen 7 on the back.

My brother said he was wearing a city and spurs jersey the other week too.

Ireland.

• 1 year later...

They do Half'n'half scarves with Everton on. unbefuckinlievable!

The amount of people wearning them was amazing. I know they are a 'matchday souvenir' but there should be limits to this.

If I see anyone wearing a half Liverpool and half Man Utd one then I am going to ask them leave Anfield - unless they look hard or are girls (I am rubbish at talking to girls).

• Upvote 2

day trippers love them. some beaut was wearing one to the right of me at the west ham game and he kept waving a fucking new zealand flag every time the ball came near our corner until some old scouse fella told him to "fucking put that flag away dickhead" 

couldn't believe the lads in the front row of the kop yesterday wearing these 

Fucking things should be banned.

Thing is they appeal to the modern fan and help make their day along with videoing everything on their Clitoris phone (every cunt has got one) their bag full of programmes to take back to their mates and sitting in silence throughout the match.

Had the misfortune at last season's derby to sit behind some whopper in the main stand who had a camera as big as the hubble telescope who kept getting up to take photos, after about fifteen mins of this I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he worked for the echo, and if not to just stop jumping up every few seconds to take a pic and watch the game. He stopped but then spent the whole of half time taking pics.

Oh and he had a half and half scarf on and a liverpool shirt complete with name and number on the back over his jacket.

I genuinely despair at the modern football fan.

• Upvote 2

Go to the source and stop the locals who are making and selling them. That fixes the problem.

I've a few half and half international scarves knocking about the house so where. Me and my somewhat Welsh wife got half Ireland half Wales scarves for a 6 nations match. And I've a half Ireland half Germany one from an away international a few years ago.

But I don't get the club ones. That's proper rivalry and shouldn't be allowed.