You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

IP address in different country

Yesterday I noticed that websites were giving me adverts for American things and Google kept asking me if I wanted to default to Google.com not .co.uk.

Turns out my IP address is now located in the US. I'm with Virgin Media. What the fuck?

Running some virus checks now on the off chance but I'm not sure what it going on

Means you can watch the US Netflix, which is much better. I'd keep shtum.

Jammy get, you'll also be able to get all sorts of content that we can't get over here.

Get yourself a web subscription to fox sports & you'll be able to watch our live league games on the web.

That is strange. If you want to change it try opening a command prompt and typing "ipconfig /release", followed by "ipconfig /renew".

That'll only change / renew the internal network address, not the external one.

Paulie, do use a proxy server or does the missus?

Are you sure you are both connected to the same wireless and not next doors ?

That is strange. If you want to change it try opening a command prompt and typing "ipconfig /release", followed by "ipconfig /renew".

He can't change his ip address like that, it's assigned to his modem by his ISP.

That'll only change / renew the internal network address, not the external one.

Spot on.