You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton away match thread

fowler9

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have both been a poor as each other.

Ideally we wouldn't have to play either.

Neither have been good enough. But until we sign a new forward or get Suarez back there's no choice. If you told me in the summer, I wouldn't want Kuyt even near the bench come new year, I'd of laughed. Can't believe how poor he's been.

At least there's a chance if Carroll gets good delivery, he'll score. I also think he concerns defenders more, leaving space for midfielders to punish sides. If they'd bother their hole running beyond him for once.

It's not ideal but we'll just have to make do for now.

At least there's a chance if Carroll gets good delivery, he'll score. I also think he concerns defenders more, leaving space for midfielders to punish sides. If they'd bother their hole running beyond him for once.

I don't agree with that.

Carroll has missed plenty of easy chances. Kuyt has missed a fair few as well, but at least with Kuyt he moves defenders around and offers more than just holding up the ball he links up with his teammates betetr than Carroll and closes defenders down better, winning possession if dangerous areas at times.

Kuyt has proven he can finish at this club, I just think he is having a lean spell. You don't go from scoring 15 goals one season to 0 the next.

Anyway both have been poor, some would choose Carroll, some would choose Kuyt... both have been as poor as each other. But I'd pick Carroll on Wednesday which is why I'd select Kuyt vs Bolton.

If Kuyt starts upfront alone again, then I'm throwing a few quid on the 0-0. He's offered fuck all this season & put in performances that the flack Carroll's took would justify. I like the guy but he hasn't had one even decent game since May. Living off past work rate which is also nowhere near what it used to be.

your right sadly

Is Maxi fit? I thought/heard he had a shoulder injury? If he's ok, I would expect to see him play this weekend. As well as Bellamy. It's a long time until the FA Cup 4th round.

Kenny has never said he is injured when asked in the last three pre match conferences.

He didn't get in the last two squads, let's hope he gets in this one and starts.

I reckon the line up will be:-

Goal - Reina

Back four - Magic - Kelly - Skrtel - Agger - Carra -Aurelio - Flannagan - Enrique

Middle four - Maxi -Spearing - Henderson - Gerrard - Adam - Downing

Front two - Kuyt - Carrol - Bellamy

We'll batter em'

If Fosters sponsered LFC.........

(sorry - not very good at counting when I've had a few pints)

Whenever I've seen that Bogdan play he has been dire. Man of the match today, though. It is written.

He saved a shrek pelanty, and kept the score respectable against the wankers last weekend. But i agree, he looks poor. Luckily its at Anfield where opposing keepers have the game of their lives, so we atleast have a chance of scoring past him today, seeing as its at Bolton.

He saved a shrek pelanty, and kept the score respectable against the wankers last weekend. But i agree, he looks poor. Luckily its at Anfield where opposing keepers have the game of their lives, so we atleast have a chance of scoring past him today, seeing as its at Bolton.

Fingers crossed. I avoid Bolton's games to be honest, but I remember him getting booed by his own fans at the Reebok earlier in the season after a couple of howlers. And of course he got made to look silly at the pit the other week.

I just hope we get bodies in the box today and take it to them. That Chelsea result should give the players a boost.

I don't agree with that.

Carroll has missed plenty of easy chances. Kuyt has missed a fair few as well, but at least with Kuyt he moves defenders around and offers more than just holding up the ball he links up with his teammates betetr than Carroll and closes defenders down better, winning possession if dangerous areas at times.

Kuyt has proven he can finish at this club, I just think he is having a lean spell. You don't go from scoring 15 goals one season to 0 the next.

Anyway both have been poor, some would choose Carroll, some would choose Kuyt... both have been as poor as each other. But I'd pick Carroll on Wednesday which is why I'd select Kuyt vs Bolton.

Wouldnt play Kuyt up front even if he was the only fit striker we had fit.

Would rather put Gerrard up there on his own.