You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pink Floyd

In my first year at Trent a lad told me that if you watched Wizard of Oz with the sound off and got the timing just right with Dark Side of the Moon, the music was in sync with the film somehow.

Never really got it but smoked a shitload of skunk finding out.

In my first year at Trent a lad told me that if you watched Wizard of Oz with the sound off and got the timing just right with Dark Side of the Moon, the music was in sync with the film somehow.

Never really got it but smoked a shitload of skunk finding out.

Heard that too and would love it to be true but unfortunately DSOTM is 45 minutes long, The Wizard Of Oz an hour and a half. Go figure.

Just listening to Good Bye Blue Sky and amazed at how I'd never before realised the blatant rip off by Metallica for Fade To Black.

Lars you shit-drumming thieving shithouse.

Listening to the Queensryche album from AOW and you can hear 2 definite PF rips. One is on the start of The Mission, but I haven't figured out what PF track it is. The other is Eyes of a Stranger is a lift from PF's Welcome to the Machine.

Listening to the Queensryche album from AOW and you can hear 2 definite PF rips. One is on the start of The Mission, but I haven't figured out what PF track it is. The other is Eyes of a Stranger is a lift from PF's Welcome to the Machine.

The chord sequence for Eyes Of A Stranger has definitely been, er, borrowed.

Great song though.

Heard that too and would love it to be true but unfortunately DSOTM is 45 minutes long, The Wizard Of Oz an hour and a half. Go figure.

I've mentioned this on here before, but Echoes syncs up quite beautifully with the final section of 2001 A Space Odyssey (Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite). It's unlikely to be intentional, but it works.

Press play when the title card appears on screen. Enjoy.

I've mentioned this on here before, but Echoes syncs up quite beautifully with the final section of 2001 A Space Odyssey (Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite). It's unlikely to be intentional, but it works.

The observations of a true stoner.

I have never been a Pink Floyd fan.  Too many lads dropping acid and taking a blaster into the woods and banging on about it turned me off.

I went watching Waters a few weeks ago and it was huge.  Brilliant from start to finish.  I was dragged along by a mate with a spare.  It was just classic after classic.  Top stuff.

All in all, I would say they are worth the fuss.

I get away with the odd cigarette now and then but would like to quit for good. When I met mt wife she told me she was very anti-drugs and whatever I'd done before was fine but needed to stop. I was 28 then and only smoked occssionally so no big deal. My wife would probably divorce me if she ever found this out.

I had a crafty spliff last year I got courtesy of two Scouse lads who did some contract work for the company I work for. It was night work and I got home about 3am, went to the back of the garden and rolled myself a joint with this pungent sticky skunk.

I still recall the lengths I just to go to when I was 18 or so and smoking fairly regularly.

The old instincts and pre-planning of various scenarios just in case I was disturbed came to the fore.

Took off my polo shirt so it didn't stink, smoked it and felt OK for about 5 or 10 minutes. Went inside and washed my hands & face then put a new t shirt on and sat down on a comfy couch with some crisps and crunchy stuff. All washed down with a couple of beers.

I put a selection of music from all genres and eras on YouTube, on a low-ish volume of course. DSOTM and a couple of other Floyd tracks were played of course

We've got two cats and they both must have known that by that point I was a bit floaty so they jumped up and doing that thing cats do when they want to be stroked.

It then started raining quite heavily, with some thunder and lightning too. At that point I was away with the fairies, if she'd come down and seen me gurning she would have kicked me out there and then.

Enjoyed it immensely but not worth the risk in future. I don't have secrets from her, except this one.

• Upvote 3

Animals is my favourite. Love the guitar on Dogs and it's probably along with Comfortably Numb my fave Gilmour solo. Then it'd be Meddle, Wish You Were Here, The Wall and Dark Side. Final Cut is a bit hit and miss but love 'Your Possible Pasts' off it. Same for A Momentary Lapse... and "On the Turning Away."

• Upvote 1

I get away with the odd cigarette now and then but would like to quit for good. When I met mt wife she told me she was very anti-drugs and whatever I'd done before was fine but needed to stop. I was 28 then and only smoked occssionally so no big deal. My wife would probably divorce me if she ever found this out.

I had a crafty spliff last year I got courtesy of two Scouse lads who did some contract work for the company I work for. It was night work and I got home about 3am, went to the back of the garden and rolled myself a joint with this pungent sticky skunk.

I still recall the lengths I just to go to when I was 18 or so and smoking fairly regularly.

The old instincts and pre-planning of various scenarios just in case I was disturbed came to the fore.

Took off my polo shirt so it didn't stink, smoked it and felt OK for about 5 or 10 minutes. Went inside and washed my hands & face then put a new t shirt on and sat down on a comfy couch with some crisps and crunchy stuff. All washed down with a couple of beers.

I put a selection of music from all genres and eras on YouTube, on a low-ish volume of course. DSOTM and a couple of other Floyd tracks were played of course

We've got two cats and they both must have known that by that point I was a bit floaty so they jumped up and doing that thing cats do when they want to be stroked.

It then started raining quite heavily, with some thunder and lightning too. At that point I was away with the fairies, if she'd come down and seen me gurning she would have kicked me out there and then.

Enjoyed it immensely but not worth the risk in future. I don't have secrets from her, except this one.

Welcome to the Machine

• Upvote 1