You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tories target "strivers", killing burglars and welfare state reform

silverlining

I've got a weapon here. It is called my cock and if I catch a burglar I swear to God I am going to arse rape them into next week. I'll even drag them upstairs, put on a bluey or some tentacle hentai or something to get me in the mood for a good raping and then BOOM.

The ideal situation is that their lives fall apart, crippling PTSD from such a destructive and unexpected bumming that they commit suicide a few months later.

I hate burglars.

Whats your address? I've never burgled anyone before, but now theres an incentive I might give it a go.

As long as you promise not to call me a milkylicker.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny though, how everyone bangs on about those at the bottom of the pile who cost the taxpayer little, and ignores those at the top who cost massive amounts more in tax dodges. That demonisation of anyone who slips through the cracks in society and tolerance of those who deliberately subvert their responsibilities when they could afford not to is an interesting phenomenon.

So true.

It's funny though, how everyone bangs on about those at the bottom of the pile who cost the taxpayer little, and ignores those at the top who cost massive amounts more in tax dodges. That demonisation of anyone who slips through the cracks in society and tolerance of those who deliberately subvert their responsibilities when they could afford not to is an interesting phenomenon.

If you live in a capitalist society and buy into the ideology -- which most people seem to -- then the super-rich are essentially your social betters. As soon as you acquiesce to the idea that the way that things are being done is the right way, then admiring those above you and shitting on those below you more-or-less makes sense. Most people don't seem to display sympathy for people on benefits because morality and social conscience are now almost non-existent and the budget dictates everything. Phillip Green is good because he's made it in the system and benefit 'scroungers' are bad because they haven't... and I think that's about the simplicity with which most people consider it, and it tastes like gall.

Shouldn't affect me. Since leaving school and starting work I've been paying a portion of my wages, plus contributions from my employer and the government, into a national insurance scheme. Which, as long as I don't become sick, old, unemployed or homeless, will protect me from cradle to grave.

If you lose your job, you get six months of a pittance and then they'll have you working in Tesco's for nothing. Meanwhile you're up against 700 people for any job you apply for. Good luck.

Lets face it, the benefits system is a total & utter joke and has been for years. For the last 20 years it has been exploited to the n'th degree and as an unfortunate consequence will spoil it for those who use the benefits system correctly.

Its time to stop giving people money and give them food, rent, electricity, gas & transport stamps. If the bums then turn to crime lock the fuckers up and start some form of work camps where they get board & food provided but have to work an 8 hour day cleaning streets and other such tasks.

We are far too soft as a nation. And the old saying of give someone an inch and they take a mile applies far too much. People take the piss, they don't help themselves and refuse help from anyone else. Unfortunately too many people think they have a god given right to help from the state without not lifting a fucking finger themselves.

Do you really hold this notion that on benefits you have a luxurious life? That you dont go hungry, that you don't have nights that are so cold you go to bed early? That you even have the money for public transport? Machynneth is the local job center in mid Wales, people travel a 20 odd mile radius to sign on, they either thumb it or get the bus, that bus fair is around 5% of their income for that week. It's not reimbursed. I'm sure a fair few would be better off with your suggestions.

Heck, why not be ready to exploit this possible outcome, find an old factory, throw in a few mattresses for the floor and voila a victorian work house!

Shouldn't affect me. Since leaving school and starting work I've been paying a portion of my wages, plus contributions from my employer and the government, into a national insurance scheme. Which, as long as I don't become sick, old, unemployed or homeless, will protect me from cradle to grave.

You'll have to settle for some owed rep that i'll probably forget about.

I currently live in a town of 9k people, there was a job going in morrisons the other week, a part time one at that, it had over 300 applicants.

Loads of work out there don't ya know.

If you lose your job, you get six months of a pittance and then they'll have you working in Tesco's for nothing. Meanwhile you're up against 700 people for any job you apply for. Good luck.

It's ok, according to the government and their media the other 700 don't actually want the job. And as for the 'pittance' in benefits- I've got that covered too- according to the same sources if I change my name to Mohamed Kowolski I get an extra grand a week.

Do you really hold this notion that on benefits you have a luxurious life? That you dont go hungry, that you don't have nights that are so cold you go to bed early? That you even have the money for public transport? Machynneth is the local job center in mid Wales, people travel a 20 odd mile radius to sign on, they either thumb it or get the bus, that bus fair is around 5% of their income for that week. It's not reimbursed. I'm sure a fair few would be better off with your suggestions.

"But Sir/Madam? How about postal signing?" Are they still doing postal signing by the way?

Christ, they did for me a good few years ago when was signing on for a few months, and what a ballache that was. They had just closed the one a few miles away, and the alternatives were Aberystwyth or Carmarthen, both over 20 miles away in opposite directions.

Almost every second postal signing form would get lost, meaning you ended up making the trip anyway to argue the toss and bring out the old "Legally, as soon as my letter goes in that box, it's considered as sent/delivered so fuck off with suspending my benefit" line before waiting for the inevitable "explain yourself" interview with the manager and being told on one occasion "Well if you had a job, you wouldn't have this trouble." Yeah, give me your job so I can deal with clients with a bit of sympathy you wizend old cow. Do you really think I want to sign on?

It was this that spurred me on towards self employment, rather than wait around a few more weeks/months for a steady job to pop up. I suppose, from their side of things, it worked. Make it as much as a ballache to claim JSA as possible, therefore enforcing you to find an alternative.

Lets face it' date=' the benefits system is a total & utter joke and has been for years. For the last 20 years it has been exploited to the n'th degree and as an unfortunate consequence will spoil it for those who use the benefits system correctly.

Its time to stop giving people money and give them food, rent, electricity, gas & transport stamps. If the bums then turn to crime lock the fuckers up and start some form of work camps where they get board & food provided but have to work an 8 hour day cleaning streets and other such tasks.

We are far too soft as a nation. And the old saying of give someone an inch and they take a mile applies far too much. People take the piss, they don't help themselves and refuse help from anyone else. Unfortunately too many people think they have a god given right to help from the state without lifting a fucking finger themselves.[/quote']

That makes a lot of sense mate and under the current system,in its dying days now,you can get your rent and council tax paid directly to your local council.

Of course this system is being scrapped very soon so that the money for rent and council tax goes straight into the household budget and will probably be spent,in part at least,on frivolous stuff like food,clothes gas and electricity.

Its well known that millions of pounds of benefits lie unclaimed every year while corporations and wealthy individuals avoid paying taxes of such sums that dwarf benefits payments yet we are told people on benefits live the life of Riley on as little as 50 pound a week in some cases.

I don't have a maths degree but something doesn't add up there.

Lets face it, the benefits system is a total & utter joke and has been for years. For the last 20 years it has been exploited to the n'th degree and as an unfortunate consequence will spoil it for those who use the benefits system correctly.

We are far too soft as a nation. And the old saying of give someone an inch and they take a mile applies far too much. People take the piss, they don't help themselves and refuse help from anyone else. Unfortunately too many people think they have a god given right to help from the state without lifting a fucking finger themselves.

If its so good why don't you jack your job in and give it a go?

When I see a family of immigrants who clearly don't work and have about six kids' date=' I just go up to them, introduce myself as a taxpayer, shake their hands, make sure they are OK and give them £50 from my wallet.

It cuts out the middle man.[/quote']

This is the kind of thing that we are programmed to say when they shouldn't be the real target.

Remember that successive governments have axed border and customs staff over the years so cannot be that arsed about keeping them out.

They also make good servants as they will work for virtually nothing.

There are plenty of british families with six kids who were supporting them quite nicely in a job but were made redundant or sacked through no fault of their own.

My fury is reserved for those that deliberately cause these situations.

I think the benefits system is fine in most aspects, but must be made less easy to defraud. That should be the aim, not simply mindless cuts that will leave the most vulnerable in even more trouble. Also if I'm honest and a teeny bit xenophobic, I don't think the benefits system and public services should be universal where anyone can arrive here from abroad (especially the EU) and be eligible for benefits, NHS care, schools etc. Brits don't get the same treatment, for example we need travel insurance to even get emergency treatment, much less long term care when abroad, even in EU countries.

I agree we are too soft as a nation. If the UK was an island with 100 people and 100 bananas to feed them we have 50 people sharing 7 bananas.

We have 10 other people sharing over 50 between them.

Of which, one individual has 20 to himself.

Any nation that wasn't soft would have caved in that guy's head with a fucking rock by now.

But he earned those bananas, it's his right to have the fruit of his spoils gathered around him like some gigantic, atavistic, Roman shibboleth.

It's civilized.

*In the small print*

"Earned", meaning he was given to them by his daddy (who loves this country so much he didn't pay banana tax). Daddy also sent him to Harvard and Oxford where, despite the best education money could buy, he was a deeply mediocre student. He then got send to a PR/Marketing company that one of Daddy's friends owns where he worked for a bit getting to know about life. He then got got a safe Tory seat and is now in the cabinet and spends his time dishing out contracts to friends and to comapnaies that his wife owns. He'll be getting a few quid in contributions come the election from these pals.

I agree we are too soft as a nation. If the UK was an island with 100 people and 100 bananas to feed them we have 50 people sharing 7 bananas.

We have 10 other people sharing over 50 between them.

Of which, one individual has 20 to himself.

Any nation that wasn't soft would have caved in that guy's head with a fucking rock by now.

Number of bananas isn't a zero sum game. Also, murder and theft is rarely civilised, though certain commentators may consider it justified.

Number of bananas isn't a zero sum game. Also, murder and theft is rarely civilised, though certain commentators may consider it justified.

*sigh*

Yes, and after all, that is definitely the most sensible thing to say when someone is pointing out that allowing wealth distribution to stay as it is makes people soft.

Civilised is in the eye of the boholder, I reckon fair distribution of resources is civilised. So if we ain't being civilised then...well, we ain't being civilised.

I never get why you're always bothered about deckchairs on the Titanic and not the massive fucking iceberg.