You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I threw a hissy fit? Sorry I must have missed that.

You've not offered anything to explain any of the facts on display but you're challenging my opinion that something stinks. Ok then. So you're the devil's advocate then are you?

I asked you to explain your view and you accused me of being a Manc. I have seen the embarrassing way you interact with Silverlining (who I also think is an idiot), so I obviously have come to the wrong poster to get any chat without ridiculous pettiness.

Sorry I asked. As you were.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked you to explain your view and you accused me of being a Manc. I have seen the embarrassing way you interact with Silverlining (who I also think is an idiot), so I obviously have come to the wrong poster to get any sensible chat.

Sorry I asked. As you were.

It is quite obvious that both redder lurtz and silverlining are not idiots. You are a man from new zealand who thinks that bristol is the best city in the uk.

It is quite obvious that both redder lurtz and silverlining are not idiots. You are a man from new zealand who thinks that bristol is the best city in the uk.

So what? Some people will think Bristol is pretty great, others won't. It is entirely subjective and often based on past experience. It is also completely irrelevant to this discussion.

I asked. I didn't accuse. I've never really paid any attention to any of your posts so I know nothing about you but I have seen you accused of being a little too manc friendly before, hence my question.

I'm not convinced 'Manc friendly' is accurate, but there's definitely a need to play devil's advocate in a number of topics that stir debate.

As for that article/blog posted earlier, I understand what points the writer is trying to make, but I also think it is poorly written and extremely badly edited.

So what? Some people will think Bristol is pretty great, others won't. It is entirely subjective and often based on past experience. It is also completely irrelevant to this discussion.

I'm not convinced 'Manc friendly' is accurate, but there's definitely a need to play devil's advocate in a number of topics that stir debate.

As for that article/blog posted earlier, I understand what points the writer is trying to make, but I also think it is poorly written and extremely badly edited.

Are you from the west country?

Bollocks.

I agree with the majority on plenty of contentious issues. It's just some folk - you obviously included - seem to be convinced I take the contrary position every time. It's fucking boring. If you (one) can't handle different views, get off a fucking discussion forum.

Bollocks.

I agree with the majority on plenty of contentious issues. It's just some folk - you obviously included - seem to be convinced I take the contrary position every time. It's fucking boring. If you (one) can't handle different views, get off a fucking discussion forum.

I can handle contrary views and I like to debate on this forum, so I won't be fucking off any time soon. Sorry.

It's pretty obvious that Foy is being punished for perceived slights against Manchester United, you'd have to be an utter spastic like Major Tom to not be able to put 2 and 2 together.

What a shame not one person in the mainstream media has the testicles to highlight what's going on, because this isn't the first time it's happened.

It's pretty obvious that Foy is being punished for perceived slights against Manchester United, you'd have to be an utter spastic like Major Tom to not be able to put 2 and 2 together.

Why do you think clubs from all round the country haven't picked up on this and complained to the PL or PGMO?

I am not saying this doesn't happen. I don't have a clue either way. It's just that, if it's so obvious to us, why isn't it a massive issue?

Bollocks.

You do though. And normally against LFC.

Major Tom storms out of thread then sneaks back in again.

Smooth.

You don't take your views being challenged very well, do you? I agree with Silverlining on nothing. May agree with him on you, though.

So, I ask you as well:

Why do you think clubs from all round the country haven't picked up on this and complained to the PL or PGMO?

It's just that, if it's so obvious to us, why isn't it a massive issue?

Thoughts?

You don't take your views being challenged very well, do you? I agree with Silverlining on nothing. May agree with him on you, though.

So, I ask you as well:

It's just that, if it's so obvious to us, why isn't it a massive issue?

Thoughts?

Martinez did the other week and got banned for it you utter cretin.

Despite being on the wrong end of things, they are largely happy to stay on the Premier League gravy train and therefore tolerate a lot of the disagreeable aspects. I'm sure you've noticed, but there is a significant number of people in the game who are willing to be sheep in order to remain in the game in some shape and form. The LMA and its acolytes are but one example.

I am not saying this doesn't happen. I don't have a clue either way. It's just that, if it's so obvious to us, why isn't it a massive issue?

The majority of clubs are not traditional rivals to the Mancs, so generally do not look at things from a rivalry viewpoint. Granted, we've not been consistent rivals to them over the last 20 years in terms of challenging for the league, but we still consider them to be our biggest rivals, so we'll look with a keener eye at all the little things that are giving them a competitive advantage than pretty much everybody else. I've no doubt that the rivalry is significant in shaping our viewpoint about what's happening in the game and how it's impacting on us. If not at the forefront of our thinking, it's certainly always there in the background.

The need for one-upmanship is your simple answer.

Mr Short Memory, have you forgotten what happened when Rafa did just this? He and his dossier were crucified by the media.

Martinez did the other week and got banned for it you utter cretin.

Right, so not only do Utd control the FA and the referees, they have the power to ban anyone who dares to question them?

You are one paranoid fucking idiot.

Martinez was talking about the inability of referees to make decisions against Utd at OT. He wasn't talking about endemic and widespread corruption. He may well think that, but he didn't say it.

Mr Short Memory, have you forgotten what happened when Rafa did just this? He and his dossier were crucified by the media.

He complained in a press conference. If clubs are serious, they should take their dossiers and complaints to the PGMO and the PL. Getting a manager to bring it up in a weekly press conference is not going to get them anywhere.

Oh you're still here then?

Well as I've told you at least once already, there seems to be something that stinks when you read through the facts which is why I emailed an investigative journalist.

You've simply clattered around the thread chucking in the odd insult, repeatedly asking me what my theory is in spite of the fact I'm not an investigative journalist. I'm a retail media analyst and therefore not best placed to forge a theory. Now pardon me for stating the obvious but it would appear to me that an investigative journalist would be.

So if you'd like to take five minutes, read the post to which you originally replied and stop acting like a bellend on crack, feel free to do so. Alternatively you can carry on repeating the same question. Up to you really.