You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Owen anyone?

Block109'er

Slightly torn on Owen these days, he was such a wonderful, wonderful player for us and you can't really blame him for joining Madrid and I can even forgive the Newcastle debacle because he panicked, but the Utd thing is unforgivable for any ex Liverpool player as far as I'm concerned. A real shame in some respects. I thought he was over complimentary about us on MOTD last night, maybe trying to weasel back into the good books? Wasting his time obviously, he's 100% finished here.

Slightly torn on Owen these days, he was such a wonderful, wonderful player for us and you can't really blame him for joining Madrid and I can even forgive the Newcastle debacle because he panicked, but the Utd thing is unforgivable for any ex Liverpool player as far as I'm concerned. A real shame in some respects. I thought he was over complimentary about us on MOTD last night, maybe trying to weasel back into the good books? Wasting his time obviously, he's 100% finished here.

Its not the joining Madrid I blame him for, I mean Xabi is still my favourite player in the world but with Owen its the way he did it, insisting he was going to sign a new contract just days before leaving, the Newcastle move you can say he panicked but there is no way he would've ended up stuck at Madrid and I think it says a lot about his character joining Newcastle for a hell of a lot of money shortly after making a statement saying something along the lines of "my first choice is Liverpool but if that doesn't go through I'll join Newcastle but only on loan"

To be fair I was just about ready to stop hating him when he left Newcastle and thought the idea of bringing him back on a free wasn't the worst shout as we only had Ngog as back up to Torres at the time but then he went and joined the Mancs and has spouted plenty of shite since so fuck him

"

To be fair I was just about ready to stop hating him when he left Newcastle and thought the idea of bringing him back on a free wasn't the worst shout as we only had Ngog as back up to Torres at the time but then he went and joined the Mancs and has spouted plenty of shite since so fuck him

I didn't give fuck when he joined the Mancs. By then he was finished as serious player . His move to Madrid finished him for me and I'm glad we didn't give him another chance . He could have been legend for Liverpool had he shown a bit more respect towards the club and its fans.

When he took the money and went to Newcastle I was finished with him. When he went to united I didn't want him here so it would have been hypocritical of me to be arsed but still took great pleasure telling him just how much of a cunt he was as he warmed up in front of me the day he came back with united and we beat them 2 nil. And what's with the cunts accent on MOTD last night? Couldn't stand listening to the waffle out of him. To think people still wanted him back after 3 years at united truly baffles me.

Once we sacked Houllier then Owen was well within his rights to look elsewhere. Yes, he’d intimated he’d sign a new contract, but as the manager he’d suggested he’d be willing to continue playing under was now gone, he was of course going to re-consider. He’d always said he wanted to test himself abroad, so you can see how that timing made sense to him. I don’t blame him or mind the move to Real and I think it’s unfair to through at him that he said he’d stay and then left. There was a lot more to it than that.

The move to Newcastle was as much us continuing our shit level of “play the long game” as it was Owens nervousness of being stuck for another season on the Real bench. We could and probably should have been more decisive. Maybe Owen could have been stronger and waited it out, but I can understand his worry.

At this point, I still liked the fella, as I always thought he had a much harder time at Liverpool from fans then he deserved. He’d signed a number of contracts with us when he was the hottest striker in Europe and could have gone anywhere, yet we still gave much more love to other people with half his production rate. Football fans love a gobshite. Look at the love Andy Carroll got throughout his short career here despite ripping the piss out of the fans with his shite performances over the first 12 months. I still like Owen, and would have had him back on a free.

Then he joined Man Utd, and the little rat faced fucking prick can rot in a huge vat of diarrhoea. You just don’t do that. Ever. Twat. However, in hindsight I’m actually glad he did as it has been hysterical to see him waste away there. He has that league winners medal that will only ever remind him of all the bad decisions he made. I’d not be surprised if that medal was dumped in a sock drawer in the spare room.

A footballer of his talent and record who’s welcome nowhere where he actually achieved things is exactly what he deserves.

Once we sacked Houllier then Owen was well within his rights to look elsewhere. Yes, he’d intimated he’d sign a new contract, but as the manager he’d suggested he’d be willing to continue playing under was now gone, he was of course going to re-consider. He’d always said he wanted to test himself abroad, so you can see how that timing made sense to him. I don’t blame him or mind the move to Real and I think it’s unfair to through at him that he said he’d stay and then left. There was a lot more to it than that.

The way I remember it it was actually within days of him leaving that he appeared on skysports saying he was signing the new contract

The move to Newcastle was as much us continuing our shit level of “play the long game” as it was Owens nervousness of being stuck for another season on the Real bench. We could and probably should have been more decisive. Maybe Owen could have been stronger and waited it out, but I can understand his worry.

At this point, I still liked the fella, as I always thought he had a much harder time at Liverpool from fans then he deserved. He’d signed a number of contracts with us when he was the hottest striker in Europe and could have gone anywhere, yet we still gave much more love to other people with half his production rate. Football fans love a gobshite. Look at the love Andy Carroll got throughout his short career here despite ripping the piss out of the fans with his shite performances over the first 12 months. I still like Owen, and would have had him back on a free.

Then he joined Man Utd, and the little rat faced fucking prick can rot in a huge vat of diarrhoea. You just don’t do that. Ever. Twat. However, in hindsight I’m actually glad he did as it has been hysterical to see him waste away there. He has that league winners medal that will only ever remind him of all the bad decisions he made. I’d not be surprised if that medal was dumped in a sock drawer in the spare room.

A footballer of his talent and record who’s welcome nowhere where he actually achieved things is exactly what he deserves.

Haha! Boss post that Johnny. It was like adoring a past love then a total flip when you realised how much of a slag she proved to be.

Beautiful.

The way I remember it it was actually within days of him leaving that he appeared on skysports saying he was signing the new contract

Yeah he did.

He kept doing it for years before he left. Saying he was happy and no problem about signing a new deal, then he fucked us over. The club who had developed him into the player he was.

He's a cunt!

he hangs that medal backwards off his favourite horse when he stands on a stool to bum it.

[YOUTUBE]nr21lk8ujbA[/YOUTUBE]

Been a long time since I've been able to let myself watch these goals.

What we wouldn't give today for a player like he was then.

£20M on Keane.

£35M on Carroll.

£11 on Borini.

Frightening, the below cost us nowt combined.

McManaman, Fowler, Owen, Gerrard, Carragher. Where we'd be without them doesn't even bear thinking about.