You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnham they have managed to spend some money on and have made a half decent job of improving it.

Weston-Super-Mud is a fucking shit hole.

I had the misfortune of visiting Minehead for a couple of hours a few weeks ago. Fuck me. There's a giant Butlins and absolutely fuck all else.

I had the misfortune of visiting Minehead for a couple of hours a few weeks ago. Fuck me. There's a giant Butlins and absolutely fuck all else.

You should see it when they have an 80's themed weekend on.

Hundreds of middle aged slags everywhere desperate for a bumming before getting picked up by hubby a few days later.

Also hundreds of knuckle draggers on cheap coke looking for a riot.

That was always gonna happen. Remmie just can't let that shit slide.

MK must have one of the highest levels of open space and greenery in cities for the UK. Has good amenities, high employment, new good quality housing etc.

It's not strictly to my taste, but it is not a shithole. Luton, Croydon, Rhyl, there my friends are examples of shitholes.

Btw while I'm here Moyles is a cunt. Or at least he was when I last listened to his show or in fact any of his output, some 10 or more years ago. I can't say I care really though.

MK is a really nice place, always a good town to go for a pint in. I'd rather live there than here in Liverpool.
If you guys are fishing for rep you are going the right way about it. Concrete cow sized rep delivered.

Jesus
Negged just in case that was a slight at MK.

Milton Keynes.

LOL.

Neg. LOL.

Yeah defo.

There's something especially desperate about them.

Bognor

Rhyl

Morecombe

Burnham on Sea

Skegness

Clacton on Sea

New Brighton

Weston Supermare

Margate

Great Yarmouth

*shudders*

There are more. Sad thing is they have them in Holland and France (Brittany) too. Just too shitter climate and no sod wanting to holiday there.

Torbay is trying it's hardest to follow. The elderly start moving there, the council becomes increasingly insular, the youth grow disenchanted and move away as soon as they can and the town dies.

You had all that coastline and all that moorland to enjoy and you went to Minehead?!

Minehead, like most of these towns. They become known for one thing and one thing only, sooner or later it dominates the town to the point that most other things just go elsewhere and the community dies.

They aren't as bad as all that, not as bad as those London satellite towns that have no scene (of any quality) whatsoever because everyone fucks off to the capital whenever they want something to do.

I think it's major mismanagement at council level too though RJ' date=' for instance - what have Rhyl and Morecombe (and Southport for a while) all lost that seaside towns all need? A fucking fair!

When you look at what money Rhyl spent on itself this past decade or so, a fucking pictures on the front (who goes to the seaside to go to the pictures) and an over elabourate prom where nobody goes and which has loads of empty stands and stores.

I remember going there as a kid and loved it. They had motorbikes and bumper boats down the front, a big pool which was always busy, a pavilion, boat rides, a thriving fair and plenty of arcades. If you want tourists to come you need fun attractions, instead they spent it on shite.

Apparently they're building a retail park on the site of the old fair, which says it all - like people are going to drive to Rhyl from Liverpool and Manchester just to go to Next. I half suspect it's being run down deliberately now, like they're trying to ditch the place's status as a seaside resort completely and maybe just turn it into somewhere to live with a view. Dare I say it, gentrify it.

It's really sad driving through places like that now when you remember how they once boomed. Depressing doesn't do the feeling justice.[/quote']

It's incredibly sad. Having once worked at Southport fair for a summer, I'd imagine that funfairs are just too expensive and not economically viable by enlarge. There's always going to be exceptions, Blackpool & Brighton spring to mind.

When I was at Southport it seemed that really the only way to make, or rather prevent haemorrhage of losses, was to run it into the ground. Such a strategy was clearly unsustainable and of course it was going to disappear eventually.

I walked around Southport with local girl I work with a few years ago; who is also a planner; and we couldn't believe you would shove a retail park on the seafront. But they have, and its a shit one that looks grim. Retail units are essentially boxes and they've shoved a load of incongruous boxes right next to the seafront. I imagine its cos Sefton council had no other game in town. What do you do when no one wants to invest? The standard of design of the last 10 years also looked pretty shit in the town. But I see how it happens, you get a standard approved by council, inspectors or a error by officer and it becomes the accepted standard you willing to go to, not what you should be fessing up to and saying this doesn't work, we need better.

I'm lucky in that I work in a big resort that has everything else going for it. So we haven't had to try and diversify. I've seen a few pick up that appeal to the middle class, but its rare. Whitstable a prime example, but it wad never that big or had such faded glory as those mentioned earlier.

Although I'm rambling now, essentially I think its a mix of bad management, lack of viability, poor investment and that no sod hardly needs it or wants to visit anymore.

I have been to that place with the geese. Nice park but them geese sure do love to shit everywhere .

I went out in Milton Keynes several years ago with my cousins who lived there. It was alright but it seemed that everyone was auditioning for a either a TV presenter job, model role or X Factor .On the plus side I did have a full english at 3.00am at a truckers porter cabin cafe.Oh, and I came across a fuckin conker tree full of untouched conkers behind my aunties house. It was heaven .

Moyles wasa brilliant DJ in his prime in my opinion but I think as someone else mentioned once he started to believe his own hype I just found I could not enjoy the show anymore.

The parody songs,the TV shows,the extended air time to many of the background team who should have remained there, his constant banging on about James Cordon, his going all high pitched,his shouting and his burbing . That is what id it for me .Oh and that annoying welsh Aled bloke,he can fuck right off as well .

Moyles wasa brilliant DJ in his prime in my opinion but I think as someone else mentioned once he started to believe his own hype I just found I could not enjoy the show anymore.

The parody songs,the TV shows,the extended air time to many of the background team who should have remained there, his constant banging on about James Cordon, his going all high pitched,his shouting and his burbing . That is what id it for me .Oh and that annoying welsh Aled bloke,he can fuck right off as well .

I found exactly the same. It seemed to happen quite quickly though. Within the space of months, I went from enjoying the show to barely being able to listen.

His background team just seemed to crave the spotlight.

You had all that coastline and all that moorland to enjoy and you went to Minehead?!

Only stayed a short time, We were out exploring. Spent some time in Dunster too which is nice, been there a few times. What part of Devon are you in Pidge?

I can see how the confusion came about, I was actually talking to remmie though. That looks like a JRT next to that car, very good.

Haha

Thought you meant I lived in Minehead...fuck that. I did grow up in Lawrence Weston mind.

Yeah, short haired, short legged runt of the litter. He's ace.

Loads of photos of him in the dog thread.

Driving home from work yesterday morning and channel hopping to get more news on the Hillsborough files, ended up at Radio 1 at 6.50am and he was still talking with what appeared to be intro music in the background. He had been talking for 20 mins solid about what appeared to be self pity and congratulatory shit. Ego of a twat.

Heard it. it was the worst bollocks i ever listened to in my life it was like the father ted acceptance speech for the golden cleric award or an alan partridge bbc rant.