You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the day, racism is a majority sport and anyone who wants to kid themselves that it isn't should take a look at the best selling newspapers in this country. It's always there, bubbling under. The cheek of the fucking mail writing that after supporting Le Pen in the French Elections...the fucking balls on them.

Madness isn't it? The Daily fucking Mail condemning bigotry. Have I gone through the looking glass here?

Was gonna say something similar to what Fungus has said up there ^

More importantly -

And Liverpool director of communications Jen Chang scored a PR own goal before starting in the job with his tweet last December that Patrice Evra, the victim of Suarez's racist abuse, should have been charged by the FA as well.

What in sweet Jebus?

How is that 'scoring an own goal'?

Not at all. I couldn't care less at this point. Certainly don't care about who is influencing the club. But I know that if someone went through my 15,000 posts on this site, spanning over 13 years, and picked out the worst, I wouldn't be in a very healthy position.

I called ATK out on this at the time when he said he didn't want us signing Barnes because he was black, (he admitted it was wrong), and we had some serious words about it, but to be subject to this sort of national witchhunt over some bollocks posted on an internet forum about 5-6 years ago, just doesn't sit well with me.

Respected.

As funny as I think it is that ATK got his comeuppance, making him the subject of a witch hunt and his life irrevocably ruined because some tabloid that needs a pariah to use as target of another self-righteous sermon to advance a mindless stereotype is ethically deplorable and seriously fucked up.

I think ATK is entitled to hold his views and if he wants to vote for the BNP then that's his right. I'm a little troubled by the intolerance and outrage over this. I'd much rather the BNP was there in full view so that the ideas and policies it espouses can be defeated with other, better ideas and policies.

I suppose I'm with Voltaire on this one, 'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'

I felt Suarez got hung out to dry as the whole country got its knickers in a twist over that whole saga. In a much smaller way, perhaps ATK is being hung out to dry even now, and I don't like it.

I think ATK is entitled to hold his views and if he wants to vote for the BNP then that's his right. I'm a little troubled by the intolerance and outrage over this. I'd much rather the BNP was there in full view so that the ideas and policies it espouses can be defeated with other, better ideas and policies.

I suppose I'm with Voltaire on this one, 'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'

I felt Suarez got hung out to dry as the whole country got its knickers in a twist over that whole saga. In a much smaller way, perhaps ATK is being hung out to dry even now, and I don't like it.

What are your thoughts on ATK saying he didn't want us to sign John Barnes because he was black?

Guest ShoePiss
What are your thoughts on ATK saying he didn't want us to sign John Barnes because he was black?

I don't think he's knows about that because it wasn't detailed in the daily heil article to be fair.

Guest ShoePiss
And what about his unexplained witch hunt against Benitez, what was it called, the ART, maybe one of you sympathysers would like to put forward some insight.

What about it? Makes no odds. I never wanted Benitez sacked, atk did. Big fucking deal.

Guest ShoePiss
He does seem to have a weird hatred of benitez though which makes you think there might be some sort of xenophobia involved.

Oh. Does he like Alonso? I can't remember.

I'm not an expert on everything ATK has said by any means, but at face value I think that's a terrible and racist thing to say.

I hope he went on to say that he was wrong in holding that view.

And what about his unexplained witch hunt against Benitez, what was it called, the ART, maybe one of you sympathysers would like to put forward some insight.

Seriously do you work for the mail?

Unexplained witch hunt against Benitez?

Well I wouldnt call it witchcraft as such.

[YOUTUBE]91Cj46zyAT4[/YOUTUBE]

All though He could of been on to something.

Whilst I agree with you that it's best to give 'em enough rope*, the issue here is that a person who claimed to vote BNP was being employed in a public role by a club desperate to reverse the damage from a race-related PR disaster.

*British rope, mind.

Guest ShoePiss
Whilst I agree with you that it's best to give 'em enough rope*, the issue here is that a person who claimed to vote BNP was being employed by a club desperate to reverse the damage from a race-related PR disaster.

*British rope, mind.

Employed as in wrote some articles for free on the nesn website.