You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

In which case loyalty would be his Achilles’ heel; the thing that means he falls short of the likes of Ferguson and, for all the monetary privilege, Guardiola. *If* that’s the case, I think it’s a real shame because it means he’s blown an amazing chance win a fair bit more than he has.

Personally, I’m not convinced he’s happy with it, and just isn’t the sort of person to play hardball with his bosses, but I might be wrong.

Loyalty is absolutely his achilles heel but also his greatest strength.  He hasn't sold a single established first team player that didn't want to leave (bar Benteke and Sahko). Essentially once you're one of his boys you remain one of his boys forever. He done an interview with a Northern Irish BBC journalist who's name escapes me and he spelt it out then. He prides himself on the lifelong relationships he has with his boys. Bobby, Ox, Sadio, Naby, the list goes on, these guys are not being sold against their will on Jurgens watch. It just won't happen. You leave when your contract is up, if you want to leave or if you rock the boat. Other than than that the contract is sacred. 

Jurgen Klopp Sales At Liverpool

Transfermarkt.com

Date Player TO Fee

July 1st

Lawrence Vigouroux

Swindon Town

£432k

July 1st 

Jordan Rossiter

Rangers

FREE

July 1st

Jerome Sinclair

Watford

FREE

July 1st

João Carlos Teixeira

FC Porto

FREE

July 13th

Sergi Canos

Norwich City

£2.7m

July 14th

Jordan Ibe

Bournemouth

£16.2m

July 15th

Martin Skrtel

Fenerbahce

£5.4m

July 24th

Kolo Toure

Celtic

FREE

July 25th

Joe Allen 

Stoke City

£13.95m

July 27th

Brad Smith

Bournemouth

£3.24m

August 20th

Christian Benteke

Crystal Palace

£28.08m

August 31st

Luis Alberto

Lazio

£3.6m

August 31st 

Mario Balotelli

OGC Nice

FREE

January 18th

Thiago Ilori

Reading

£3.87m

July 1st

Alex Manninger

RETIRED

July 1st

Andre Wisdom

Derby County

£2.07m

July 18th

Lucas Leiva

Lazio

£5.13m

July 21st

Kevin Stewart

Hull City

£4.05m

August 31st

Mamadou Sakho

Crystal Palace

£25.38m

January 8th

Philippe Coutinho

Barcelona

£121.5m

January 11th

Cameron Brannagan

Oxford United

£203k

July 1st

Emre Can

Juventus

FREE

July 1st

John Flanagan

Rangers

FREE

July 20th 

Danny Ward

Leicester City

£12.6m

August 17th

Ragnar Klavan

Cagliari

£1.37m

January 4th

Dominic Solanke

Bournemouth

£19.08m

January 31st

Lazar Markovic

Fulham

FREE

July 1st

Danny Ings

Southampton

£22.59m

July 1st

Rafael Camacho

Sporting CP

£4.5m

July 1st

Connor Randall

RELEASED

July 1st

Adam Bogdan

RELEASED

July 9th

Alberto Moreno

Villareal

FREE

August 5th

Simon Mignolet

Club Brugge

£6.3m

August 7th

George Johnston

Feyenoord

£270k

August 21st

Daniel Sturridge

Trabzonspor

FREE

September 2nd

Ryan Kent

Rangers

£6.48m

January 8th

Allan

Clube Atlético Mineiro

£3.15m

July 1st

Pedro Chirivella

FC Nantes

FREE

July 27th

Adam Lallana

Brighton

FREE

August 1st

Dejan Lovren

Zenit

£10.8m

August 1st

Andy Lonergan

RELEASED

August 28th

Ovie Ejaria

Reading

£3.51m

September 7th

Isaac Christie-Davies

Barnsley

FREE

September 19th

Ki-Jana Hoever

Wolves

£8.82m

October 2nd

Rhian Brewster

Sheffield United

£23.4m

October 14th

Nathaniel Clyne

Crystal Palace

FREE

October 16th

Herbie Kane

Barnsley

£1.26m

July 1st

Georginio Wijnaldum

PSG

FREE

July 3rd

Kamil Grabara

FC Copenhagen

£3.15m

July 8th

Liam Millar

FC Basel

£1.35m

July 8th

Joe Hardy

Accrington

FREE

July 20th

Taiwo Awoniyi

Union Berlin

£5.85m

July 24th

Harry Wilson

Fulham

£12.6m

July 28th

Yasser Larouci

Troyes

FREE

23rd August

Xherdan Shaqiri

Olympique Lyonnais

£5.4m

He has to sell to buy. We’ve done this for years. Remember the wasting of the Suarez money.

Klopp done an interview after one of the games earlier in the season and he said he couldn't bring a forward in as no one came in for Origi which amazed him.

I still cant understand why Ox is still here. He never got a look in last season and had a face on every week and is now getting overlooked by 17 year old kids this season. 

They don’t trust each other so surely you’d get your agent to start touting you around and get you out of here. 

It’s a shame Bissouma let himself and more importantly me down with his nightclub escapades after I’d been championing him, if he gets off I’d go in for him or Declan Rice. 2 players who know the league and can handle themselves on the pitch. Both of them are massive upgrades on what we’ve got outside of Fabinho and I reckon we’d get more out of them than Bellingham whose never played at this level. 

The writing was on the wall after we won the Champions League. The peak amount of TV and CL revenue, only challengers to Man City domestically. The best manager in the world in the most attractive and lucrative league with no Spanish teams to compete with in the transfer market. But we sign a free agent keeper who was shit and two teenagers. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

The writing was on the wall after we won the Champions League. The peak amount of TV and CL revenue, only challengers to Man City domestically. The best manager in the world in the most attractive and lucrative league with no Spanish teams to compete with in the transfer market. But we sign a free agent keeper who was shit and two teenagers. 

The problem when you have just made lots of money is that people want to charge you too much, so you can't buy anyone. Plus who could we have bought that would have got into that team?

I can't remember the other reasons we didn't spend anything. Perhaps we are still playing the long game and waiting until the end of the summer. We have to wait and see what happens first.

7 hours ago, No2 said:

Loyalty is absolutely his achilles heel but also his greatest strength.  He hasn't sold a single established first team player that didn't want to leave (bar Benteke and Sahko). Essentially once you're one of his boys you remain one of his boys forever. He done an interview with a Northern Irish BBC journalist who's name escapes me and he spelt it out then. He prides himself on the lifelong relationships he has with his boys. Bobby, Ox, Sadio, Naby, the list goes on, these guys are not being sold against their will on Jurgens watch. It just won't happen. You leave when your contract is up, if you want to leave or if you rock the boat. Other than than that the contract is sacred. 

Jurgen Klopp Sales At Liverpool

Transfermarkt.com

Date Player TO Fee

July 1st

Lawrence Vigouroux

Swindon Town

£432k

July 1st 

Jordan Rossiter

Rangers

FREE

July 1st

Jerome Sinclair

Watford

FREE

July 1st

João Carlos Teixeira

FC Porto

FREE

July 13th

Sergi Canos

Norwich City

£2.7m

July 14th

Jordan Ibe

Bournemouth

£16.2m

July 15th

Martin Skrtel

Fenerbahce

£5.4m

July 24th

Kolo Toure

Celtic

FREE

July 25th

Joe Allen 

Stoke City

£13.95m

July 27th

Brad Smith

Bournemouth

£3.24m

August 20th

Christian Benteke

Crystal Palace

£28.08m

August 31st

Luis Alberto

Lazio

£3.6m

August 31st 

Mario Balotelli

OGC Nice

FREE

January 18th

Thiago Ilori

Reading

£3.87m

July 1st

Alex Manninger

RETIRED

July 1st

Andre Wisdom

Derby County

£2.07m

July 18th

Lucas Leiva

Lazio

£5.13m

July 21st

Kevin Stewart

Hull City

£4.05m

August 31st

Mamadou Sakho

Crystal Palace

£25.38m

January 8th

Philippe Coutinho

Barcelona

£121.5m

January 11th

Cameron Brannagan

Oxford United

£203k

July 1st

Emre Can

Juventus

FREE

July 1st

John Flanagan

Rangers

FREE

July 20th 

Danny Ward

Leicester City

£12.6m

August 17th

Ragnar Klavan

Cagliari

£1.37m

January 4th

Dominic Solanke

Bournemouth

£19.08m

January 31st

Lazar Markovic

Fulham

FREE

July 1st

Danny Ings

Southampton

£22.59m

July 1st

Rafael Camacho

Sporting CP

£4.5m

July 1st

Connor Randall

RELEASED

July 1st

Adam Bogdan

RELEASED

July 9th

Alberto Moreno

Villareal

FREE

August 5th

Simon Mignolet

Club Brugge

£6.3m

August 7th

George Johnston

Feyenoord

£270k

August 21st

Daniel Sturridge

Trabzonspor

FREE

September 2nd

Ryan Kent

Rangers

£6.48m

January 8th

Allan

Clube Atlético Mineiro

£3.15m

July 1st

Pedro Chirivella

FC Nantes

FREE

July 27th

Adam Lallana

Brighton

FREE

August 1st

Dejan Lovren

Zenit

£10.8m

August 1st

Andy Lonergan

RELEASED

August 28th

Ovie Ejaria

Reading

£3.51m

September 7th

Isaac Christie-Davies

Barnsley

FREE

September 19th

Ki-Jana Hoever

Wolves

£8.82m

October 2nd

Rhian Brewster

Sheffield United

£23.4m

October 14th

Nathaniel Clyne

Crystal Palace

FREE

October 16th

Herbie Kane

Barnsley

£1.26m

July 1st

Georginio Wijnaldum

PSG

FREE

July 3rd

Kamil Grabara

FC Copenhagen

£3.15m

July 8th

Liam Millar

FC Basel

£1.35m

July 8th

Joe Hardy

Accrington

FREE

July 20th

Taiwo Awoniyi

Union Berlin

£5.85m

July 24th

Harry Wilson

Fulham

£12.6m

July 28th

Yasser Larouci

Troyes

FREE

23rd August

Xherdan Shaqiri

Olympique Lyonnais

£5.4m

Out of all of them, only Solanke has gone on to be a better player than he was here.

30 minutes ago, John102 said:

The problem when you have just made lots of money is that people want to charge you too much, so you can't buy anyone. Plus who could we have bought that would have got into that team?

I can't remember the other reasons we didn't spend anything. Perhaps we are still playing the long game and waiting until the end of the summer. We have to wait and see what happens first.

Good old Wait and See. We've been doing that almost every transfer window since Klopp took over. It's absolutely criminal that he hasn't had the budget he deserves. I wish they'd have been as tight fisted with Bodgers instead.

35 minutes ago, John102 said:

We could have easily bought a player around the £30-£35m Mark and sold Origi on rather than giving him a contract. The new player would have got enough games and kept the front 3 on their toes.

Origi may have been riding the crest of a wave after his goals against Barcelona, Newcastle and Spurs but Klopp loaned him out previously so didn't really want him, we could have kept up the pretence that he was consistent and whoever Was buying him was getting a decent striker.

There was never any pressure on the front 3 until we got Jota. 

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Good old Wait and See. We've been doing that almost every transfer window since Klopp took over. It's absolutely criminal that he hasn't had the budget he deserves. I wish they'd have been as tight fisted with Bodgers instead.

The sell to buy policy must be shit to plan for. You're expecting clubs to come in for players you don't want amd will fuck you around. Only when you sort that out can you go out and get who you want. If no one wants to buy your shite you don't sign anyone. 

42 minutes ago, Boss said:

Out of all of them, only Solanke has gone on to be a better player than he was here.

What's that got to do with what I said? My point was he's old skool, he's loyal to a fault. Moreno, Lalanna, Can, Sturridge all allowed stay well beyond their sell by date because they had a contract, even Clyne wasn't paid off or kicked out. Ferguson or Guardiola would freeze out a player not performing, pimp them out to other clubs, Klopp will try and get performances from Bobby until the last day of his contract unless he asks to leave. This talk of replacing Ox, Keita, Bobby, Manè and the likes is fanciful,  he will never sell one "his" players that is working hard and not acting the bollox regardless of performance level. That's why not 1 ex player has ever bitched about him and Ferguson and Pep would need 4 hands to count their ex players that hate their guts.

Edit, just remembered the Karius incident, apparently he was all set to stick by him until players complained about his video in LA. Karius still remains the only regular starter he ever binned.

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

What's that got to do with what I said? My point was he's old skool, he's loyal to a fault. Moreno, Lalanna, Can, Sturridge all allowed stay well beyond their sell by date because they had a contract, even Clyne wasn't paid off or kicked out. Ferguson or Guardiola would freeze out a player not performing, pimp them out to other clubs, Klopp will try and get performances from Bobby until the last day of his contract unless he asks to leave. This talk of replacing Ox, Keita, Bobby, Manè and the likes is fanciful,  he will never sell one "his" players that is working hard and not acting the bollox regardless of performance level. That's why not 1 ex player has ever bitched about him and Ferguson and Pep would need 4 hands to count their ex players that hate their guts.

Edit, just remembered the Karius incident, apparently he was all set to stick by him until players complained about his video in LA. Karius still remains the only regular starter he ever binned.

Solanke? Isn't he now playing in The Championship?

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I know you've had what appears to be a few serious replies, but this is a piss take right? Right?

37 minutes ago, No2 said:

But some of the players you mention are not regular starters.  No way Klopp wouldn't want to sell bit-part and/or injury prone players if the price was right (for the club) and bring in better ones.  But there's hardly a market for them.  

You bring in better players and suddenly the writing is on the wall for one or two and it's them who realise it's time to go, Klopp doesn't have to force them out, the evolution of a team dictates that. Unfortunately we do not appear to be in a position to bring new players in without clearing out the old ones first.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

But some of the players you mention are not regular starters.  No way Klopp wouldn't want to sell bit-part and/or injury prone players if the price was right (for the club) and bring in better ones.  But there's hardly a market for them.  

You bring in better players and suddenly the writing is on the wall for one or two and it's them who realise it's time to go, Klopp doesn't have to force them out, the evolution of a team dictates that. Unfortunately we do not appear to be in a position to bring new players in without clearing out the old ones first.

I mean senior pros that have put in the hours for Klopp, he's not binning them to bring him a shiny new player. I'd be confident he hasn't sold one single player with 50 starts or more* that didn't want to leave.

* starts for Klopp, Benteke,  Sakho etc don't count.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Chill the fuck out everyone, we have the numbers in midfield.

We do. Loads of people were saying the worry was we'd have a similar situation in midfield that we'd have at centre back last season, which was a ridiculous concern.

Not letting go of and replacing the players who haven't performed in midfield, like Keita or Ox, or who are cooked like Milner is the problem.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I mean senior pros that have put in the hours for Klopp, he's not binning them to bring him a shiny new player. I'd be confident he hasn't sold one single player with 50 starts or more* that didn't want to leave.

* starts for Klopp, Benteke,  Sakho etc don't count.

"...that didn't want to leave" is key.  I'm sure Lovren for example didn't want to leave but he knew he had to if he wanted first team football.  He won't be the only one.

And have Oxlade Chamberlain and Keita got 50 starts even?  If not then by your measure they are fair game, so why are they still here?  Because no one wants them at a price that would be acceptable to the club.