You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I can see some of you are really angry about FSG.

May I take this opportunity to stop you a moment and ask if you've considered trying Heroin, or other opiates?  While addictive they are really lovely and can relieve a lot of angst you may be holding onto. 

Also you may want to try alcohol in high and regular quantities, though admittedly it is messy and reactions to it can vary, it is much simpler to get hold of, and it's fucking BRILLIANT if you like pissing a lot. 

If neither is enticing you, then you can go back to this, no quibble.  Just thought I'd plant the seed. 

We don't seem to have a pot to piss in. What the fuck are the yanks playing at?? Yes we signed the Greek lad but that's after letting go of a few big earners with more departures to follow. How the hell have we become so skint? Meanwhile the rent boys have paid a reasonable fee to bring in a top class striker that was desperate to join us. Alcantara also eager to join but the thrifty fuckers at the top don't want to spend and strengthen while all our rivals are out buying for the new season. People keep defending FSG and they have a small, weird occult like support that get ultra defensive when we dare to criticize them but I've never been impressed by them. They spend none of their own money, and they'd be fucked without the genius of Klopp. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Baltar said:

We don't seem to have a pot to piss in. What the fuck are the yanks playing at?? Yes we signed the Greek lad but that's after letting go of a few big earners with more departures to follow. How the hell have we become so skint? Meanwhile the rent boys have paid a reasonable fee to bring in a top class striker that was desperate to join us. Alcantara also eager to join but the thrifty fuckers at the top don't want to spend and strengthen while all our rivals are out buying for the new season. People keep defending FSG and they have a small, weird occult like support that get ultra defensive when we dare to criticize them but I've never been impressed by them. They spend none of their own money, and they'd be fucked without the genius of Klopp. 

They are fucking bellends. They take forever to make any decision and the local media are so far up their arses it's embarassing.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are fucking bellends. They take forever to make any decision and the local media are so far up their arses it's embarassing.

Alternatively, do you feel that some fans look at things more pragmatically than others?

IMO, Liverpool spending money on players is like my salary - no matter how much it is, I always want more. 

But being pragmatic, can I do more or less everything I want to do on my current salary? The answer is yes. 

If we go into the season with the same squad as last season (plus Tsimikas) then I’m confident we can achieve what we want next season.

But I 100% confess, I’m less confident than I was going into last season under similar circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Alternatively, do you feel that some fans look at things more pragmatically than others?

IMO, Liverpool spending money on players is like my salary - no matter how much it is, I always want more. 

But being pragmatic, can I do more or less everything I want to do on my current salary? The answer is yes. 

If we go into the season with the same squad as last season (plus Tsimikas) then I’m confident we can achieve what we want next season.

But I 100% confess, I’m less confident than I was going into last season under similar circumstances. 

I am pragmatic and have been patient with them, I dont expect us to sign Messi, Sancho and buy galacticos every transfer window. 

I just hate the fact that we've been shit for years and fought hard to get to be where we are and we seem to be ok with not reinforcing our position with good players who see us as an attractive proposition, not the joke club we were 5 or 6 years ago.

We've earned more money last year than at any point in the clubs history, we have the best manager in the world yet these owners only real ambition is to want to run a tight ship. 

You make some good points which I agree with and I dont believe you are an FSG fanboy but even some of their staunch supporters must be concerned about the attitude of the club. We keep telling everyone how big a club we are yet we act like a mid table italian club always penny pinching on transfers.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I am pragmatic and have been patient with them, I dont expect us to sign Messi, Sancho and buy galacticos every transfer window. 

I just hate the fact that we've been shit for years and fought hard to get to be where we are and we seem to be ok with not reinforcing our position with good players who see us as an attractive proposition, not the joke club we were 5 or 6 years ago.

We've earned more money last year than at any point in the clubs history, we have the best manager in the world yet these owners only real ambition is to want to run a tight ship. 

You make some good points which I agree with and I dont believe you are an FSG fanboy but even some of their staunch supporters must be concerned about the attitude of the club. We keep telling everyone how big a club we are yet we act like a mid table italian club always penny pinching on transfers.

Yeah, I mostly agree. 

Say Thiago, us supporters think €30m is a fair price for him, but if we wait a few weeks and the price comes down to €25m, then the end justifies the means.

I’m not 100% sold on Werner but for an international #9 for one of the best sides in the world, he obviously looks great value. But I can get why we didn’t commit late May / early June when even finishing the 19/20 season was in doubt. 

I also agree we’ve earned more money than ever in the past few years but we’ve also lost more money in the past few months.

As I said, if we don’t strengthen, I’m still confident in us. But I’d like us to strengthen and I’d be less confident than I was last summer. 

If we only sign Tsimikas while other clubs spunk millions and millions (and not just Citeh & Chelsea), I do think questions should be asked. But there is over a month to go yet before that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I just think its not a case of no money now, I'm convinced these want to sell up now, with everything thats happened. They could dip in and get a few players in this climate but they want to protect their profit and keep it in tact, hence having to sell first to buy so they know exactly where all moneys are coming from.

I don't reckon they want to sell up. That requires thinking of them as a corporation or single investor, but they're just a bunch of investors. They may be happy to sell a portion and recover their initial investment and perhaps even lock a bit of profit, but I don't think they'll leave. I think it's more likely certain investors in fsg will sell (or reduce) their stake and fsg will still be fsg, but just a different bunch of billionaires than it was before. I'm sure the path NY Times had with nesv/fsg is the path we should expect. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, I mostly agree. 

Say Thiago, us supporters think €30m is a fair price for him, but if we wait a few weeks and the price comes down to €25m, then the end justifies the means.

I’m not 100% sold on Werner but for an international #9 for one of the best sides in the world, he obviously looks great value. But I can get why we didn’t commit late May / early June when even finishing the 19/20 season was in doubt. 

I also agree we’ve earned more money than ever in the past few years but we’ve also lost more money in the past few months.

As I said, if we don’t strengthen, I’m still confident in us. But I’d like us to strengthen and I’d be less confident than I was last summer. 

If we only sign Tsimikas while other clubs spunk millions and millions (and not just Citeh & Chelsea), I do think questions should be asked. But there is over a month to go yet before that happens. 

I know I sound like a broken record about them but the club frustrates me so much.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, I mostly agree. 

Yep, agree with this. John Henry's shill money supplements the ol pension and Im as frustrated as any at the lack of signings and missing out on Werner. Im pragmatic too and realise while we have got a shitload of income both on and off the pitch, the club is going to 'lose' money over an uncertain period due to no \ few crowds and reduced tv money.

Im also of the opinion that as the window has 5 weeks to run, things can still happen. End of the day, I dont want a 100m loan slapping on the club to pay transfer fees and wages. Loans have to be repaid, ergo, less money at some future time when we may want to buy.

People dont recognise it but the other clubs except city and chelsea will sell to fund these purchases.

I think this situation also suits Klopp, his persona and his preferred (and successful) way of managing.

He has admitted in the past, I recall, that he likes being the "sling shots vs nuclear weapons" challenger - the under-resourced manager compared with the financial heavyweights (Bayern).  The manager that builds with system, spirit, and seige mentality, rather than money.

"Cash-strapped and covidian" is the perfect new sling shot for him against the nasty oil monarchs/oligarchs, and he'll make it part of the team's psyche this term.

English/World and recently dethroned European Champions as underdogs - it's another perfect storm for him and another challenge. To over-achieve with limitations.

And if it doesn't come off, there are reasons - read: excuses perhaps - both beyond his control and true to his style/brand.

I'm not saying I like this scenario - and I certainly don't like FSG - but from a standpoint of supporting a club that's just won the League off the back of the European Cup... it's probably me that should go fuck himself.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, skaro said:

I think this situation also suits Klopp, his persona and his preferred (and successful) way of managing.

He has admitted in the past, I recall, that he likes being the "sling shots vs nuclear weapons" challenger - the under-resourced manager compared with the financial heavyweights (Bayern).  The manager that builds with system, spirit, and seige mentality, rather than money.

"Cash-strapped and covidian" is the perfect new sling shot for him against the nasty oil monarchs/oligarchs, and he'll make it part of the team's psyche this term.

English/World and recently dethroned European Champions as underdogs - it's another perfect storm for him and another challenge. To over-achieve with limitations.

And if it doesn't come off, there are reasons - read: excuses perhaps - both beyond his control and true to his style/brand.

I'm not saying I like this scenario - and I certainly don't like FSG - but from a standpoint of supporting a club that's just won the League off the back of the European Cup... it's probably me that should go fuck himself.

I think taking on challenges is what he loves, but there are a few issues with this; he's now been able to buy VVD and AB. He's seen what buying at the top table has done for his team and his job, and he probably doesn't fancy phoning up Caulker to see if fancies another dalliance.

I don't think it was fantasy land that Klopp may have extended here again for another couple of years depending on his health, his family, and the team, but we're taking away that option as why would he want to stay here?

Finally, when he signed his contract, he said it was important because players wanted to know what his future was before signing, so it's clear he wasn't talking about a backup left back from the greek league, and now he sees all of our rivals signing the players he wanted, despite signing a contract, and those other clubs working in the same league as us. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Horus said:

I think taking on challenges is what he loves, but there are a few issues with this; he's now been able to buy VVD and AB. He's seen what buying at the top table has done for his team and his job, and he probably doesn't fancy phoning up Caulker to see if fancies another dalliance.

I don't think it was fantasy land that Klopp may have extended here again for another couple of years depending on his health, his family, and the team, but we're taking away that option as why would he want to stay here?

Finally, when he signed his contract, he said it was important because players wanted to know what his future was before signing, so it's clear he wasn't talking about a backup left back from the greek league, and now he sees all of our rivals signing the players he wanted, despite signing a contract, and those other clubs working in the same league as us. 

Perhaps, yes.

The top table dealings were done slowly and methodically and only because we sold our "best player" for a ridiculously inflated 140m - all stringently within FSG's business framework.

If Klopp is unhappy and maybe eventually/subsequently wantaway, he isn't showing it and mightn't really need to.  As I suggested, he could "fail" from here and still depart true to his brand, head held high, amicably - with his managerial principles and employers' business model as a valid caveat/reason/"excuse".

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Perhaps, yes.

The top table dealings were done slowly and methodically and only because we sold our "best player" for a ridiculously inflated 140m - all stringently within FSG's business framework.

If Klopp is unhappy and maybe eventually/subsequently wantaway, he isn't showing it and mightn't really need to.  As I suggested, he could "fail" from here and still depart true to his brand, head held high, amicably - with his managerial principles and employers' business model as a valid caveat/reason/"excuse".

I think he's starting to. He's said numerous times now that there's players he likes and we could definitely look to the market to strengthen the team but 'unfortunately we can't because of the financial reality of the club'. That's far from calling out the owners of course, but he's also now laying bare the situation they have put him in for all the see. 'I want to strengthen, but the bosses are telling me they can't give me any money'.

He clearly spent some time talking to Werner and getting him on board. I think he’s spent time talking to Thiago as well. I’m not saying he’s going to see Thiago taken off the menu, but if that does happen at some point he has to think it’ll become an issue with his credibility. You can’t keep asking the man to chat players up for you and then bail on him.

59 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I think he's starting to. He's said numerous times now that there's players he likes and we could definitely look to the market to strengthen the team but 'unfortunately we can't because of the financial reality of the club'. That's far from calling out the owners of course, but he's also now laying bare the situation they have put him in for all the see. 'I want to strengthen, but the bosses are telling me they can't give me any money'.

For all his emotive traits, I think Klopp can be pretty savvy and measured and diplomatic. 

Whatever his levels of dissatisfaction or otherwise, and however this played out, I wouldn't be surprised if he remained diplomatic enough not to out-and-out call them out.  If things were to go pear-shaped, I could see him and his brand coming out of it fine - much better than FSG's and the club, alas - without overt "animosity".

Hopefully all this stays conjecture and we do strengthen, as I think we might find things much, much more difficult this season if we don't.

But of course, the 30-year drought is broken, and that's still very, very recent history that buys buckets of goodwill for the moment, you'd think.

4 hours ago, skaro said:

For all his emotive traits, I think Klopp can be pretty savvy and measured and diplomatic. 

Whatever his levels of dissatisfaction or otherwise, and however this played out, I wouldn't be surprised if he remained diplomatic enough not to out-and-out call them out.  If things were to go pear-shaped, I could see him and his brand coming out of it fine - much better than FSG's and the club, alas - without overt "animosity".

Hopefully all this stays conjecture and we do strengthen, as I think we might find things much, much more difficult this season if we don't.

But of course, the 30-year drought is broken, and that's still very, very recent history that buys buckets of goodwill for the moment, you'd think.

Completely agree on Jurgen. I think people get lost in his emotional intensity and underestimate his emotional intelligence. He's very uniquely balanced in that he's incredibly astute and intelligent whilst being devoid of destructive egoism - in that sense, I think he'd always put the reputation of the club before his.

On the 30 years, I do find myself doing a bit of dance trying to decide my sentiments. Watching the 30 year wait documentary, I felt a lot of gratitude for FSG and for all that the club as a whole has done to finally bring success back to us. They all felt like one of us. But after I reflect on it, I know that's also why I am so angry at our unwillingness to kick on. After so many difficult years finding ourselves hoping for miracles, I can't believe that we are wasting the opportunity we have now to lay the groundwork for more. FSG never lived those 30 years though, so I do wonder if the desire to build a dynasty is really something that burns in them like it does us.

I'm thankful for what we have had....but it still feels like we're being short changed.