You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Harris - Liverpool's enemy

Rashid

When Harris moved to the Express it was reputedly on a contract worth £300,000 + per year. He then subsequently refused to go to Japan to cover England in the World Cup. Apparently, he sat at home filing reports that pretended he was there, when in fact he was sitting on his sofa watching the games on tv. Well worth the salary.

what a loser..........

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but this has been talked about for weeks now.

If he isn't leaving then all he has to say is "I'm not leaving Liverpool". Takes up about 1.74 seconds of his masssively overpaid life. A life that LFC fans pay for.

The fact that he hasn't said it, to me, means that the omens are not good and that he has at least spoken to another club.

There's just no reason at all why he couldn't deny it and put it to bed. The fact that he hasn't speaks volumes, tournament or no tournament.

He's our club captain and he owes it to his team mates and the fans to set a decent example. The fact that he hasn't even mentioned it, despite all the hype is a bit shite if you ask me.

If he wants to leave, then fucking good riddance. Don't bang your arse on the way out the door and be sure to leave fifty million quid or so on the step. Ta.

If he wants to stay... good times!

Fuckin a! Couldn't agree more.

if you went through all the stories these cunts write at the end of the season you would be amazed at the ammount they get wrong, the standard of writing in this country is piss poor,watching the jimmy hill show on a sunday morning is one of the highlights of my week none of them no anything about football,winter,harris, barclay,curry pontificate on the game as if they have had great footballing achivements,they are so bad they make jimmy hill look clever

After reading the various forums here is my take on it.

The papers peddling this story is the Daily Mail Group - (The Mail, Mail on Sunday, The London Evening Standard) with the the other rags following suit. The ex editor of that group only 1 month ago took up the job of Communications Director at Chelsea. Also, Harry Harris of the Express is currently writing a book on Abramovich and is close to Chelsea. Figure it out but Peter Kenyon has formed a dream/dirty partnership with Abramovich.

Dave Usher of this site said that Steven has not dismissed Chelsea out of hand and Usher knows him. Usher says, the key for Steven is to see Liverpool's ambition. Although Usher said that he doubts Gerrard would leave Liverpool any time soon.

Huyton Red (Paul) is 100% certain that SG is leaving and he is gutted, he's not a wind up merchant. His info comes from SG's Dad in a club where HR's old man is a manager or something, a social club where SG's dad is a member. Huyton said that Gerrard's dad may have been bullshitting.....but its all bollox IMO. I think its a press consipracy to get the best English players to Chelsea ASAP. Next step will be to get McClaren there as manager and soon to have English and London dominance in the PL and Europe.

Others are worried that this is similiar to the GH out thing where the story wasn't denied until the guy was sacked.... well... The thing with the GH out thing is that Liverpool wanted him out, and many of the fans wanted him out.

SG is totally different. The other thing is that not ONE broadsheet paper (Times, Guardian, Observer etc) have run the SG to Chelsea rumour. Wheras they all ran the GH out stuff from day one. Indeed it was a broadsheet paper (Alan Nixon at The Independent) that broke the story.

This is only worrying because the club and SG remain silent and it will stay that way until they come out and speak - first things first we need Benitez unveiled at least to stabalise the club.

Typical gutter press rubbish, Gerrard has already numerous times this season committed his future to Liverpool after being linked to Chelsea or even more ridicously Man Utd. He was consulted regarding the manager's position and just before he went off to Portugal he commented that he was looking forward to the new appointment.

SG is now fully focused on the European Championships and rightly so, why should he have to deny he is leaving Liverpool every 3 months following every piece of tabloid rubbish?

I for once fully agree with Rashid, certain members of the press are attempting to unsettle Gerrard with Harris in particular having very close links to Chelsea F.C, he is often seen in the Fish restaurant at Chelsea village. Would not surprise me that the source of the rumours to be a Chelsea insider probably authorised by Keynon.

The only way Gerrard will leave this summer is if Liverpool accept a Chelsea bid.

Have to remember chaps that Man Utd often used the same tactics to unsettle a player (through the press).

Where did Kenyon come from again?

Harris has an agenda, he's a c*nt end of always has been and always will be.

Better players than Steven Gerrard have come and gone, yet Liverpool Football Club is still here.

If he goes, good luck to him. But Chelski? Come on Steve. When Abramovich gets bored of his new play thing they'll be f*cked. They simply don't generate the revenues to sustain the wage structure in place, and will make Leeds look like a model of prudence and tight fiscal control.

The fact is the press have got two/three weeks of trying to drive a wedge between us and Stevie Gerrard, and c*nts like Harris will be trying their damnest to cause a rift.

F*ck 'em. The Press are scum.

Rant endeth.

The worrying thing though is that the way the Echo is reporting it, the decision rests with him. As you say he is contracted for 4 more years so it clearly shouldnt. It looks to me that if he hints he wants to leave, we'll take the money.

The worrying thing though is that the way the Echo is reporting it, the decision rests with him. As you say he is contracted for 4 more years so it clearly shouldnt. It looks to me that if he hints he wants to leave, we'll take the money.

Or an agreed buy out clause? E.g. £40M? Fucks sake why am I even talking about this, this is depressing and the club not saying anything on the manager/Thai deal/Morgan/Gerrard etc is treating us like cunts.

I hope all the gossip about Gerrard is just that, gossip! It would make me sick to my stomach if he left to join Chelski. Few players you watch can sum up the spirit of a team like Stevie. I am going to see The 'pool play Roma in a pre season game in New York and I expect to see him running the game, he's my main man!

I read somewhere that there is an get out clause, but it cant be effected until next summer at the erliest, and only if we havent made any progress...

Still it`s hard to believe that he wants out, after all he has just signed a new contract!

I don`t think he will leave just yet, and if and when he leaves i do believ its to a giant like Real Madrid,Barcelona or AC Milan...not some London based wannabees....

First of all, what was all that about "Dave Usher knows Steven Gerrard"?????

I don't know him, I've never met him, and have never claimed to know him.

I know people who do know him, and although this is not what anyone wants to hear, he is seriously considering joining Chelsea, and at the moment it seems more likely he'll go than stay.

I'm as shocked by that as anyone, as I never thought in a million years he'd leave without giving the new manager a chance to turn things round. But Chelsea have offered him an obscene amount of money, and it seems it's got his attention.

And Rashid, the board are not dragging their heels appointing a new manager. For fucks sake, it's Benitez, and has been Benitez all along. It was all agreed ages ago, and as soon as his notice is up he'll be officially sworn in.

His first task will be to try and get Gerrard to stay. Hopefully he will, but I'd suggest you all start seriously considering the possibility that we could lose him.

If it happens, we'll all be devastated of course, but Benitez has been in this situation before. When he took over at Valencia, he immediately lost Mendieta and Claudio Lopez. They were the side's two best players. I think he also lost Adrian Ilie, another of the main players at the club.

That season he led Valencia to the title. If Gerrard wants to go, we could always refuse and make him stay. Or we could say fuck him, get as much as we can and let the new manager try and build a team.

I desperately hope Gerrard sees what Benitez has to say before making his final decision, as he owes the club at least that much. For what it's worth, I think he will.

But he might then go to Chelsea anyway. The press may be cunts, but this is not the usual summer time bullshit. It's real, and it could well happen.

Losing Gerrard is not compareable to losing anyone we've had in the modern era. People like this to Rush leaving or Souness leaving...its not like that at all.

We were an unbeatable team with strengths in each position.

Now we're a team that rely so much on one player that if we lost this player..we'd have nothing to cheer about.

If he leaves, I don't think Houllier or Parry's speech about us being better off than we were 6 years ago holds any water..as if it did anyway.

Personally I can't see Stevie going and I don't agree that he should come out and say he is staying whilst he is Portugal. However, if what Dave says is true, that he is seriously considering it then "good luck Steven, you are a fantastic player but will never make it into the Legend bracket at the club you have supported all your life, and I doubt you will do it elsewhere if money is your motivation" I'd also say that if Steven is considering leaving, its because he knows Owen is on his way.

Oh and by the way, Gerrards contract is up in 2006, thats only two years not 4!

If someone waves a huge amount of money in front of a young man with a young family, then he's going to take it to secure their future. If he goes, then thanks for carrying us last season Steven, and with the best will in the world, I hope you do fuck all at Chelsea ;)

We've been here before. When Rush left we all thought the worst, but we just went out and got Barnes, Beardsley and Aldo, and had what was pobably our best attacking side ever.

If he wants to leave, lets just screw Chelsea for as much as we can push them up to, and lets build a team where the sum of the parts exceed the individuals in it, like the old days. It seems that Benitez is well qualified to do that, given his record at Valencia.

As for Chelsea, just look at Real Madrid - they may have the best squad of individuals around, but they don't win everything all the time.

Secure his future? He is already earning more money than he'll ever need. There comes a point where "security" is no longer an issue and you're just being a fucking whore. If he were to leave for Chelsea I would lose respect for him completely, and there'd be none of this "You've given us great service, good luck!" bollocks.

I hope he stays, but if he goes fuck him. Simple as.

Secure his future? He is already earning more money than he'll ever need. There comes a point where "security" is no longer an issue and you're just being a fucking whore. If he were to leave for Chelsea I would lose respect for him completely, and there'd be none of this "You've given us great service, good luck!" bollocks.

I hope he stays, but if he goes fuck him. Simple as.

I agree with that 100%. I had this discussion with my old man yesterday. He said he wouldn't blame him for taking the money. My attitude is that there is little more you can do with £150k a week than you can do with £80k a week.

There comes a point where your standard of living can't really improve. If he wants to put money first, I'll lose all respect for him. He'll say of course that it's for footballing reasons, but how can that be if he doesn't even give Benitez a season?

If things were shite at the end of next season, I wouldn't blame him for going. If he leaves this summer however, that's a different story. I just hope he makes the right decision.

Apart from anything else, how could he even consider playing for them gobshite fans, who slate him every time we play them. Scouse this and scouse that...

The thought of him lining up for them turns my stomach, but if it happens, we'll get over it and move on. I agree that it would be worse than Rush, Souness, Keegan et al if only because he would be leaving us for another English team.

But hopefully it won't come to that. I'm still hopeful his heart will over-rule his wallet and he'll stay and give it anoher year. But at the moment it doesn't look good.

I think he will stay. Also if he doesnt give Benitez a chance he will loose the fan respect and I think he knows that.

I dont think hes a greedy arse either.

And if he thinks he will be playing better football at Chelsea, well that dont say a lot for his current team mates does it.

Benitez will have to make some changes, getting rid of the deadwood etc.

I recon we will be playing a different style of football next season.

So, I really do think he will stay.

I'd hate to see him leave but if he's not fully committed I'd rather him go now than have this cloud hanging over us for the next 12 months.It'll be just like the last year with MO - totally disruptive,damaging to team spirit and his form would probably plummet under the constant speculation.Every game where he doesn't play a stormer,it'll be "his body language isn't right,he's definitely off at the end of the season".Or it'll be "will he stay if we get a good fourth or will we have to finsh third or second? Or maybe a cup or a semi in the CL will be enough".

F8ck that.I'd rather take £40m and buy three top class midfielders with it.None of them would be as good as him but the overall result would be a lot better than limping on with a continuing doubt about his future intentions.