You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Harris - Liverpool's enemy

Rashid

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I've been quoted on another forum as saying Gerrard is definitely going to Chelsea. What I said was that someone I trust is 100% certain that he is going there, based on how things stand at the moment.

Gerrard has DEFINITELY TOLD PEOPLE HE WANTS TO GO TO CHELSEA. His dad has also told people that, and players in the England squad have spoken to various journalists about it. To just dismiss that as media shit-stirring is ridiculous. The Chelsea threat is very, very real.

Once again, I'll repeat that my own gut instinct is that Benitez will persuade him to change his mind and stay, but I'm not basing that on anything other than wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt. In fact, everything I've heard suggests he will leave, but I just don't see how he can go through with it if he's the red we all thought he was.

If that seems like I'm hedging my bets, it's because I suppose I am. I don't know what he's going to do, and am not claiming that I do. I just know what he's told people, and that is that right now he wants to go to Chelsea.

As I said yesterday a lad that apparently knows Steve Gerrard on the TTWAR forum has again re-iterated that SG is going nowhere. He hasn't been challenged there so I assume Al Campbell, Will M etc know who he is. Here is his second post:

Andy C

Reserve Join Date: Apr 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonanM

Andy C

On the money mate. Don't want to go off on one about how I know Ste, but suffice to say its true. He told me yesterday that he just cant be arsed responding to every little bit of speculation. He HAS been jarred off over the last 12 months and is sortve keeping his own counsel to let the club know that, but has zero intention of moving. So just roll up a big fat joint and chill the fuck out, all of ya !

Andy C

Link: http://195.8.171.36/forums/showthread.php?t=16700

Have checked his previous posts and he seems like a local lad, goes to the games and quite knowledgable. He could be a 15 year old kid having a laugh but I doubt it. Sounds on the money to me.

That also fits in with your feelings Dave - he has told people he wants to go and is 'carrying this threat on' until Liverpool do something about it - I think its called 'pressure on the board'.

This is my take on it - the people who have heard that he is going are right in what they have heard as the I think SG has intimated to put pressure on the boarda and if they don't act then the threat is REAL.

All Hail "Andy C"!

The contact is dead. long live the Contact!

dear, oh dear.

Guy on tinternet says so. Must be true.

C'mon Rash, you seem like a fairly intelligent guy. Surely even you are not that naive.

If Gerrard didn't want to answer to speculation and hearsay, and if this guy really was a freind of his, then why would he plaster it all over the internet??

makes no sense.

What kind of mate is he??

With friends like those.... etc.

I think JB was referring to you saying 'good luck to him' about Stevie G if he goes.

Dave,

If SG thinks playing for London's footballing version of the Harlem Globetrotters (without the history or tradition) is better than giving Benitez a chance then good luck to him because he is going to need it.

If he really does end up at that horrible waster of a club then what a waste.

Either he's terminally stupid or Kenyon's got pictures of him in compromising positions with a hen, carrier bag and a large stock of rhubarb.

Real Madrid or Barcelona I could understand, but Chelski?

Col.

Guest Benito7

I hope Rashid is right as world class players don't grow on trees. I ( dreaming I know) wonder if Stevie is trying to put pressure on David Moores to put his differences aside and work with Steve Morgan, Stevie would probably see him in the same light as most of the fans ie the best chance this club has of getting back to the very top and could be frustrated that a man who is ready to help fund big transfers now is being snubbed while the Thai saga drags on in what is clearly a farce.

I imagine Carra would be a bit fucked off with him. Especially with him cosying up to Lampard creaming over what to spend the extra 60 grand a week on.

If Houllier stayed and we missed out on the CL no-one here would have blamed him for wanting to leave but he's just doing it for all the worng reasons now.

Guest Big Al
I believe I've been quoted on another forum as saying Gerrard is definitely going to Chelsea. What I said was that someone I trust is 100% certain that he is going there, based on how things stand at the moment.

Gerrard has DEFINITELY TOLD PEOPLE HE WANTS TO GO TO CHELSEA. His dad has also told people that, and players in the England squad have spoken to various journalists about it. To just dismiss that as media shit-stirring is ridiculous. The Chelsea threat is very, very real.

Once again, I'll repeat that my own gut instinct is that Benitez will persuade him to change his mind and stay, but I'm not basing that on anything other than wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt. In fact, everything I've heard suggests he will leave, but I just don't see how he can go through with it if he's the red we all thought he was.

If that seems like I'm hedging my bets, it's because I suppose I am. I don't know what he's going to do, and am not claiming that I do. I just know what he's told people, and that is that right now he wants to go to Chelsea.

Not a quote as such Dave this is what i posted on RAOTL when "the insider" came on to say deal done for £31M

"Dave Usher on TLW is also convinced its a done deal or pretty much"

Guest Phil Co

For what its worth heres my take: Its fairly obvious that Chelsea have put a bid in for him but I also think that he is being VERY badly advised. Who the fuck is his agent? Whats in it for him if Stevie moves? These agents are parasites and they always remind me of Wormtongue in the Lord of the Rings films. Its obvious that he has been told stories by his agent.

Gerrard is staying - End of. (God Willing).

Call it a hunch of a credible source whatever. He is staying..... lets see in September if he is or not eh?

The above is possibly the greatest post on this forum of all time.

I laughed so much I almost did a very small wee wee.

as far as I'm aware the lad on ynwa never said agent or revealed his source

He has since said this

"I can only say I've had it reiterated by Gerrard's agent and by GH that Gerrard is not (his agent) and in his opinion not (GH) going to Chelsea."

I know you can't trust 'random posters' etc. but I'm certain this guy does have the real connections; one reason I come here is because I believe Dave U has the real connections.

What strange and confusing times we live in.

So it looks like there is truth in these paper rumours after all. Let's not forget the most important thing of all though- Harry Harris is still a cunt

Are you from Shankly Gates? Hasn't James Carrol confirmed that Stevie is staying?

Not a quote as such Dave this is what i posted on RAOTL when "the insider" came on to say deal done for £31M

"Dave Usher on TLW is also convinced its a done deal or pretty much"

That's not the quote I was talking about mate. The one I was referring to wasn't on RAOTL.

And £31m!!!!!!!! In other words £1m more than Ferdinand, and a good few million less than Buffon! If we have to sell him, I'd want double that.

If Chelsea want him, they can pay through the nose. They've been tapping him up all summer and throwing silly money his way. Well he's under contract for another three or four years, so they can throw some of that silly money our way or they can fuck off.

Unless there's a buy out clause in his contract we should screw them for every penny we can get.

This whole thing is fucking ruining what should have been our most exciting summer in years. I'm with Dave in hoping England get knocked out on Monday so we can get him home and sort his head out. The longer he's surrounded by those slimey little cockney fucks Lampard and Terry, the more I worry. It also concerns me that he's got a new bessie mate in Pie Boy, who I'm convinced is going to the Bates motel this summer.

Regardless of this ban on talking club business, Gerrard needs to say something. He must know how much of a fuss there is about this back here and yet he remains silent. I don't buy this brinkmanship with the board theory either. That post from another forum about spelling out the consequences of his decision is spot on. He has the ability and the relationship with the fans to become one of our all-time greats; a legend whose name will be revered when his kids are old. However, if he goes there (I don't even want to write the word, they sicken me so much) he literally won't be able to ever show his face on Merseyside again, let alone live here. I don't know if he realises just how much is at stake.

What the fuck is he playing at? A Red like him should be ashamed of himself for putting us all through this, regardless of whether it's true or not. This has definitely changed the way I think of him, and I can't help but think it's all going to get a lot worse. The only consolation, if we have to sell, is that we hold all the aces and can pretty much name our price considering he's got years left on his contract and they've got a limitless supply of cash.

I hope this horrible fucking nightmare is over soon. It seems to get worse by the day. We should be having loads of fun speculating about new players, not worrying about our captain selling out.

Come on Steven, do the right thing. You're one of us, aren't you?