You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

Weird thing about religion: it makes some people focus on (and fight over) the minutiae of what divides us, like the followers of the gourd and the followers of the shoe; on the other hand, it makes other people look for what we have in common, like these people in Berlin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52780600

I think the bottom line is that whether your instincts are cunty or decent, you can use religion as a channel for them.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Weird thing about religion: it makes some people focus on (and fight over) the minutiae of what divides us, like the followers of the gourd and the followers of the shoe; on the other hand, it makes other people look for what we have in common, like these people in Berlin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52780600

I think the bottom line is that whether your instincts are cunty or decent, you can use religion as a channel for them.

Not the first time Berlin has been instrumental in bringing people closer together in this thread.

• Upvote 4

On 17/05/2020 at 07:50, Numero Veinticinco said:

Are we still on this? You pretending you care just less than the effort it takes to search for one of the many times I’ve already done it? In the time it took you to write that post, you could have found one of the many examples of me saying it.

I’ve made an effort not to get into this bollocks, and I actually think this makes you look like a cunt because to me it looks like this...

Me: evidence

Me: evidence

Me: I’ve posted it before.  
You: scumbag for not posting evidence

Okay, good stuff. You continually goading has won the day. I’ll get on the PC later and do it. Again. This time I’ll post links to it in my signature, that way the next dull cunt that tries the ‘rely on tedium’ defence can get the information that they’ll immediately dismiss by saying ‘Muslims aren’t a race, so prejudging all of them as savages is fine’ or ‘its okay to defend a guy saying ‘you sound like a n*****r, white people don’t talk like that’. Definitely worth my time, this. 

Anyway, you win. I’ll do it. 

I'm imagining the scenes when your mum asks you to clean your room

Fuck off, I'm busting your balls

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is that the same anti Semitic image Corbyn tweeted or liked or something. There's definitely a Jewish Caricature look to the elite at the table. It's not the point Ice cube is making but it's bound to be turned into it.

That's the one. It was posted on Facebook with a write-up about how the local council were removing it as an act of political censorship (or so the poster claimed). Corbyn never "liked" the image - he later claimed he hadn't looked at it properly - but he made a throwaway comment about how anyone having a mural censored is in good company, because it happened to Diego Viera [sic].

If that's not enough to make people think "thank God that worse-than-Hitler bastard never got in, or the country would be in a mess" then I don't know what is.

15 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I dont think Margret Hodge will be buying any ice cube records in a hurry

Ken Barlow second from left, bloke on the far right is the granddad from cocoon, who also played the investigator in the Firm.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Ken Barlow second from left, bloke on the far right is the granddad from cocoon, who also played the investigator in the Firm.

How do you find an alligator in a vest ?

Hire an investigator...

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Insane. Let's let old virgins look after the kids.

The Catholic Church with all its property, its art all its treasures and land must really be worth trillions and they don't pay tax, why would they be against helping to fund the countries they dwell in rather than have a fucking bake sale now and then and raise 48 quid for the local hospice. If I had the power id financially abuse that religious corporation to with in an inch of its life, taxed to heaven seeing how it cares more for money and reputation than the countless children who have been abused, that grow up broken due to sick men parading as decent ones. I reckon there would be more outrage at taxing the church than there is at the church raping children.

I'm all for spirituality, for personal faith but you won't find God in religion. Religion to me is just spirituality corrupted. "The kingdom of heaven is within"  isnt that in the Bible. The Church preaches the kingdom of heaven needs lots of money.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Insane. Let's let old virgins look after the kids.

The Catholic Church with all its property, its art all its treasures and land must really be worth trillions and they don't pay tax, why would they be against helping to fund the countries they dwell in rather than have a fucking bake sale now and then and raise 48 quid for the local hospice. If I had the power id financially abuse that religious corporation to with in an inch of its life, taxed to heaven seeing how it cares more for money and reputation than the countless children who have been abused, that grow up broken due to sick men parading as decent ones. I reckon there would be more outrage at taxing the church than there is at the church raping children.

I'm all for spirituality, for personal faith but you won't find God in religion. Religion to me is just spirituality corrupted. "The kingdom of heaven is within"  isnt that in the Bible. The Church preaches the kingdom of heaven needs lots of money.

Could cure global poverty in the blink of an eye. Instead, the cover for child molesters.  

if you want to recruit members surely ‘we’ve saved every starving person in the world’ is a compelling message. But all religions need suffering, it’s currency.