You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Guest San Don
Has AVB been sacked yet?

Watch out for the napoli result on tuesday!

TBH, I feel a little bit for boas. He's like a lad who's been promoted beyond his experience just because he'd done one job very well (which in itself, was reliant on other people getting him that recognition).

I've seen a number of people in different walks of life do what he's done (get promoted beyond their experience), think they are 'it' then get disasterous results thereafter.

But, as with all these things, he could have said 'Wait a minute. I've achieved this in the last year, I need to get more experience before jumping ship.'

I just wonder whether with Torres the moment has passed.

His final full season with us was poor, his final half season wretched.

Sporting success is a strange alchemy of opportunity, skill, dedication, commitment, team mates, environment and reward. The “made it” factor is also often underestimated (see Andy Carroll and Babel). There he is in one of the world’s great cities with £7.5m a year pouring into his bank account, his last big contract, he wouldn’t be the first, and won’t be the last, to go into cruise mode.

Our schadenfreude at his expense is also about us, three world class players bailing out in three years without replacement has set us back years. He was magnificent for us, and if we had spent the money wisely, I think many would look back on his time here more generously than they do.

I loved him when he was with us and look on in sadness at a great sportsman who looks lost.

Sporting success is a strange alchemy of opportunity, skill, dedication, commitment, team mates, environment and reward.

I think this is it - said before it was his "perfect storm" for about 18 months.

He will never have a manager who will build a team around his skills better, with a player able to play the ball where he wants it better and be in top physical condition playing with confidence. He will be lucky to get two of those four anytime for the rest of his career. Tyhat said he only had two of those four when he left us so - c'est la vie as they say in Madrid.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will today drive Spanish striker Fernando Torres into the middle of a big field and let him be free the club have confirmed, after the World Cup winner failed to be domesticated successfully into his London environment. The Russian billionaire claimed it was one of the hardest decisions he’d ever had to make, as a weak Torres will be forced to fend off wild prey like foxes, or possibly even a badger, but Abramovich concluded it was either that or flushing him down a toilet.

Torres, who was constantly falling over in front of goal and urinating on the Stamford Bridge reception rug was never likely to find another owner and whilst animal right activists argue releasing a crumbling forward straight back into the vast countryside of Britain could likely prove fatal, Chelsea claim that not even West Ham United were willing to make a bid.

Abramovich told gathering press ‘I have a receipt on my £50 million purchase, but the warranty only lasts for a month. I phoned the Liverpool hot desk but all I could hear was continuous laughing coming from down the other end of the phone, with the occasional taunt of ‘you mug!’ thrown in. So I send sniper. And offer £60 million for Andy Carroll…How am I so rich?’

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich will today drive Spanish striker Fernando Torres into the middle of a big field and let him be free the club have confirmed, after the World Cup winner failed to be domesticated successfully into his London environment. The Russian billionaire claimed it was one of the hardest decisions he’d ever had to make, as a weak Torres will be forced to fend off wild prey like foxes, or possibly even a badger, but Abramovich concluded it was either that or flushing him down a toilet.

Torres, who was constantly falling over in front of goal and urinating on the Stamford Bridge reception rug was never likely to find another owner and whilst animal right activists argue releasing a crumbling forward straight back into the vast countryside of Britain could likely prove fatal, Chelsea claim that not even West Ham United were willing to make a bid.

Abramovich told gathering press ‘I have a receipt on my £50 million purchase, but the warranty only lasts for a month. I phoned the Liverpool hot desk but all I could hear was continuous laughing coming from down the other end of the phone, with the occasional taunt of ‘you mug!’ thrown in. So I send sniper. And offer £60 million for Andy Carroll…How am I so rich?’

That was shit.

Let's be honest, he's a far better striker than Torres at this point in time. Yesterday's finish would have hit a floodlight rather than the back of the net if the Chelsea player was on the end of it.

The ultimate indictment of Fernando Torres: he's now worse than Andy Carroll.

andy's playing well now though

He'd scored plenty and people would still have a go, its a joke

agree, don't want to get excited about Andy because he has got a long way to go to be a decent signing but he is miles better than Torres at the moment and has started playing well but certain people once they've made their mind up about a player won't change

I have to admit up to the Wolves game, if Carroll was a foreign player I'd never seen play before he came here I'd have thought he was absolutely shit but I've seen enough of him at Newcastle to know if he plays like he can he'll be the best target man in the country for the next ten years

Being yanked at halftime for the return of the preening tosspot Drogba might signal the end of his Chelsea career.

Drogba being away at the African Cup whatsit gave him a golden opportunity to kick-start his Chelsea career, but it hasn't happened at all.

I can't see AVB chancing his own (precarious) position to accommodate him, so what options does he have left? Hope AVB gets sacked and Benitez comes in?!

I can't see AVB chancing his own (precarious) position to accommodate him, so what options does he have left? Hope AVB gets sacked and Benitez comes in?!

I was surprised he didn't get a mention for the job last summer, I know his reputation has taken a plummet last couple of years but if you want to do well in the Champions League and get Torres playing Rafa is your man