You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (Home)

Randy Marsh

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much more of a fucking incentive does Henderson want than repeatedly getting starts ahead of Kuyt? He was fucking garbage until he was dragged off at half time

I've been saying this for months, and yet you call me a "gobshite"?

Are you just bitter and angry because - as usual - I was right straight away and it takes palsied retards like you so long to fucking catch up?

Just wondering.

A depressing Saturday night ahead. No Football First, I'm not watching that shit again, and no match of the day. I'm not sitting through a BBC surallix wankfest. Sky have got the scum's scrappy 1-0 win as their game of the day, incidentally, when there was a 5 goal thriller at villa park. I would say that beggars belief but it doesn't really.

Guest ShoePiss

Are you just bitter and angry because - as usual - I was right straight away and it takes palsied retards like you so long to fucking catch up?

Just wondering.

If you were as great as you think you are you wouldn't need to put someone else down in every thread you enter.

You're one of the worst posters on this site, definitely the worst who pays to use it. Utter cunt of a person.

If you were as great as you think you are you wouldn't need to put someone else down in every thread you enter.

You're one of the worst posters on this site, definitely the worst who pays to use it. Utter cunt of a person.

Why don't you pay to use it? Then you could just neg me, instead of having to resort to PMs calling me a shithouse and being dead hard and that.

You hapless twat.

Guest ShoePiss
Why don't you pay to use it? Then you could just neg me, instead of having to resort to PMs calling me a shithouse and being dead hard and that.

You hapless twat.

I don't need to explain to you why I no longer pay. If you are going to leave me shithouse messages via negs I'm going to respond via private message.

Simple.

As for being dead hard, nah its not that. It's just that I'm certain you are a little shithouse and wouldn't dream of saying the things you do on here. I would knock you out. There are most likely loads of people on here that could do that to me easily but you are not one of them. You're a weasel.

Just wondering.

Not really, arsewipe, no. Like a reasonable bloke I've been patient and allowed them time to try to bed in unlike you who, as you correctly point out, has been shouting his mong fucking mouth off for months about our players.

As Shoepiss says you are without doubt the worst paying poster on this site. If I was Dave I'd send your fucking money back you mouthy little wanker.

The crux of the matter is we were shit today. We were set up wrong and that is down to Kenny. I love the man but I am worried that his 4-4-2 philosophy is just too archaic.

He is a wonderful manger in so much that he does but if he is going to stick with a poor set up and even worse, poor players in that set up then he deserves the same sort of criticism on this forum that Hodgson got.

People tore Roy apart for playing the same shite system. Hodgson believes in the system but never had the money to buy the players to play it so he can be excused to a certain extent for being the sort of manager that is everywhere in the game , Kenny believes in the system and had the money to buy players but has IMO failed at this. There is no excuse with having funds and failing to buy to play your system. I think we have the players to play a different system but sticking with 4-4-2 we are carrying too many players.

The objective surely was to get back into 4th. This involved buying better players that are ready now to improve the team. Only then can you look to other parts of the club like long term future. If Henderson is the future then he should not have been bought now. If he is for now then he should be played in CM.

All our signings have been poor bar Enrique and any other manger would get slated for this by everyone, but the past is blinding people. I call things when i see they are wrong, regardless of who the person is.

I am not calling for Kenny's head, i just want to see a change as it clear that his formula is not working. Set the team up differently and we could see better results, i really hope he does this.

Football is made complicated by stupid people. When we look at the people that manage teams we are hardly looking at the most intelligent people of the world. They are mostly past players.

There are few other places where someone is expected to perform the job of another. It is like a lawyer being asked to be a doctor. Why is it so hard to buy players for the roles you need. If you play a system then you buy for your system. Where is our right winger for a 4-4-2? If you play 4-4-2 shouldn't you have at least one pacy winger?

Personally in football I think a team needs to be built around one system but also adaptable. I think the 4-4-2 is the past, i think we are better set up for 4-3-3 and it needs to be played.

When i think of our best 5 players we have in attack, ie the players i think can change a game (whether it be scoring goals or creating goals/space) i think of the following: Suarez, Gerrard, Bellamy, Maxi and Kuyt. If they are not injured then at least 3 maybe 4 of them should start every game.

Tonight we started with one and he had an off game. This needs to be addressed.

Those that feel the need to slate one another and have internet fights are pathetic. Everyone is pissed off and are merely venting. It is a forum after all. We are not 5 year olds in the school yard, we are merely liverpool fans that get far too frustrated when our beloved team fails to deliver.

As for being dead hard, nah its not that. It's just that I'm certain you are a little shithouse and wouldn't dream of saying the things you do on here. I would knock you out. There are most likely loads of people on here that could do that to me easily but you are not one of them. You're a weasel.

Perhaps you want to arrange a meet-up in a KFC somehere?

That seems to be what all the delirious mad angry people do.

Look at the state of you.

Not really, arsewipe, no. Like a reasonable bloke I've been patient and allowed them time to try to bed in unlike you who, as you correctly point out, has been shouting his mong fucking mouth off for months about our players.

As Shoepiss says you are without doubt the worst paying poster on this site. If I was Dave I'd send your fucking money back you mouthy little wanker.

So, summing up, your main issue is that we now share the same opinions, except I came to mine earlier?

And that's made you very angry.

Super. You and that hapless Shoepiss lunatic are coming out of this very well, I must say.

We played well last game v WBA and we played poorly against a decent side in Swansea. Get a grip.

Swansea are not a decent side, granted the play attractive football and keep the ball better than your blackburns and evertons they are unpenatrive and weak defensively dropping 4 points to Norwich and Swansea is truly inexcusable, but nothing suprises me with this team.

We played well last game v WBA and we played poorly against a decent side in Swansea. Get a grip.

Swansea are not a decent side away from home, they are as close to a guaranteed 3 points as you can get in the premiership when you are playing at home. If you have any aspirations you need to take all 3.

Why do people always try and stick up for the team. The team and set up get paid enough to deliver, if they don't they have failed. Liverpool as a whole failed tonight.

It is no good turning up for the top teams and failing to beat the shit teams. We'd finish far higher in the league if we took all 3 points from the supposed lesser teams.

I posted this just before kick-off:

"Obviously we should batter Swansea at Anfield, despite missing our best midfielder and best defender, but I worry that without the likes of Carra and stevie Gerard (and Bellamy to an extent) we are lacking players who can take control of a game, exert their influence and refusal to accept anything other than a win.

Let's face it, you wouldn't want to be "in the trenches" with players like henderson, Lucas, downing and agger"

Hopefully we can make our class and status count, because Swansea are a really average team

Horribly prescient and worryingly accurate

No bollocks in the team. No grit. No winners.

Very dissapointing after a bright opening 20 minutes with another flat second half display in a home game against opposition we should beat. That said Swansea played decent football. That 4th spot looking more elusive with every wasted 2 points. Fuck it anyway I'm going to remain optimistic that we'll be up battling for 4th come may. Long season, twists and turns and all that jazz

So, summing up, your main issue is that we now share the same opinions, except I came to mine earlier?

And that's made you very angry.

Super. You and that hapless Shoepiss lunatic are coming out of this very well, I must say.

Nah. And neither am I "very angry". I'm just sick of your obsession with slagging our players off, your "look at me" and "I'm always right" posts, and your general fuckwit of an internet persona. You're off to join that other oxygen theif "funneeeee" on my block list.

QUOTE=Colonol;2980207]The crux of the matter is we were shit today. We were set up wrong and that is down to Kenny. I love the man but I am worried that his 4-4-2 philosophy is just too archaic.

He is a wonderful manger in so much that he does but if he is going to stick with a poor set up and even worse, poor players in that set up then he deserves the same sort of criticism on this forum that Hodgson got.

People tore Roy apart for playing the same shite system. Hodgson believes in the system but never had the money to buy the players to play it so he can be excused to a certain extent for being the sort of manager that is everywhere in the game , Kenny believes in the system and had the money to buy players but has IMO failed at this. There is no excuse with having funds and failing to buy to play your system. I think we have the players to play a different system but sticking with 4-4-2 we are carrying too many players.

The objective surely was to get back into 4th. This involved buying better players that are ready now to improve the team. Only then can you look to other parts of the club like long term future. If Henderson is the future then he should not have been bought now. If he is for now then he should be played in CM.

All our signings have been poor bar Enrique and any other manger would get slated for this by everyone, but the past is blinding people. I call things when i see they are wrong, regardless of who the person is.

I am not calling for Kenny's head, i just want to see a change as it clear that his formula is not working. Set the team up differently and we could see better results, i really hope he does this.

Football is made complicated by stupid people. When we look at the people that manage teams we are hardly looking at the most intelligent people of the world. They are mostly past players.

There are few other places where someone is expected to perform the job of another. It is like a lawyer being asked to be a doctor. Why is it so hard to buy players for the roles you need. If you play a system then you buy for your system. Where is our right winger for a 4-4-2? If you play 4-4-2 shouldn't you have at least one pacy winger?

Personally in football I think a team needs to be built around one system but also adaptable. I think the 4-4-2 is the past, i think we are better set up for 4-3-3 and it needs to be played.

When i think of our best 5 players we have in attack, ie the players i think can change a game (whether it be scoring goals or creating goals/space) i think of the following: Suarez, Gerrard, Bellamy, Maxi and Kuyt. If they are not injured then at least 3 maybe 4 of them should start every game.

Tonight we started with one and he had an off game. This needs to be addressed.

Those that feel the need to slate one another and have internet fights are pathetic. Everyone is pissed off and are merely venting. It is a forum after all. We are not 5 year olds in the school yard, we are merely liverpool fans that get far too frustrated when our beloved team fails to deliver.

Great post that. Couldn't agree more that we are playing the wrong system and, as u say, we should be playing a 4-3-3 or maybe a 4-2-3-1. On current form, at least, it should be a midfield 3 of Lucas, Adam or Spearing and Henderson (I know he was bad today by all accounts but he simply isn't a right sided player), with Gerrard to replace one of them when he is fit again. The front three should be Suarez through the middle, Bellamy on the left and Kuyt or Maxi on the right. That team would have more of the things we are short of at the moment, namely, pace, movement and goals.

I was only able to listen to the game today but it sounded like we were much more threatening after Carroll went off. What do people who went or watched it on telly/internet think?