You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea (Home)

Randy Marsh

I posted this just before kick-off:

"Obviously we should batter Swansea at Anfield, despite missing our best midfielder and best defender, but I worry that without the likes of Carra and stevie Gerard (and Bellamy to an extent) we are lacking players who can take control of a game, exert their influence and refusal to accept anything other than a win.

Let's face it, you wouldn't want to be "in the trenches" with players like henderson, Lucas, downing and agger"

Hopefully we can make our class and status count, because Swansea are a really average team

Horribly prescient and worryingly accurate

No bollocks in the team. No grit. No winners.

How the fuck can you group Agger and Lucas in with Henderson and Downing? Agger and Lucas are amongst the only players we have that didn't shirk responsibility during Benitez' last season.

While the likes of Gerrard and Torres were shrugging their shoulders at substitutions and not giving a fuck about the club Agger and Lucas were always giving 100% on the pitch and putting in consistently good performances when they were called upon.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game about an hour ago.

Very frustrating game. The 4-4-2 clearly wasn't working today. Henderson is not cut out for wide-right midfield.

The opposition played with a very deep midfielder (Britton) just in front of the back four. He got a lot of room in between our midfield and attack and had far too much time on the ball. When they got they ball they passed it nicely and patiently.

We probably should have gone three up front sooner, and put pressure on the deep man. We did do this later - in the second half but really only created pressure late on.

Swansea played well. Two points dropped.

I wrote this in a white hot rage at the end of the match in a thread on the MF but it still sums up what I thought of the game:

We are not a team of winners. We fold under pressure like a cheap fucking card table. I'm putting all of that today on the players on the pitch. Fucking strolling about, getting robbed in possession, giving the ball away and then with five minutes to go they realise they are in a match. Not fucking good enough, and for all the changes we have made in the squad something is seriously rotten in the attitude of our team. Needs sorting out and damn fast. Pull your finger out Kenny.

I wrote this in a white hot rage at the end of the match in a thread on the MF but it still sums up what I thought of the game:

We are not a team of winners. We fold under pressure like a cheap fucking card table. I'm putting all of that today on the players on the pitch. Fucking strolling about, getting robbed in possession, giving the ball away and then with five minutes to go they realise they are in a match. Not fucking good enough, and for all the changes we have made in the squad something is seriously rotten in the attitude of our team. Needs sorting out and damn fast. Pull your finger out Kenny.

Its 50/50 though, too many lads not pulling the finger out. I know this sounds stupid but in my mind thats on them, not Kenny.

What Kenny does have control over though is the formation, specifically when Adam and Lucas are the CM pairing, basically allows the opposition to play with wild abandon like we saw this evening where Swansea could have had 2/3 goals easy.

We need to start gaining more control over these types of games. And control usually comes from the middle.

Its 50/50 though, too many lads not pulling the finger out. I know this sounds stupid but in my mind thats on them, not Kenny.

I'm not going to disagree, being as it's been a problem under three managers now. It's still something for the manager to address though. However the fuck he does it.

Lucas and Henderson have been embarrassingly shit

Again

Downing has been our biggest threat and best player

Do we have the worst central midfield in the Premiership?

cue the posts:

"Lucas did his job, he just needs a better player helping him to hold the midfield, and a better player to attack from midfield"

I'd cry if it wasn't so fucking funny

Horrenderson has been fucking abysmal on the right.

How can everyone else see it, but not Kenny?

They've been shite away from home, but they haven't played many midfields as poor as ours

We've been dicked in midfield time and time again.

Henderson is the worst Right Midfield player in the Premiership, and Lucas is one of the worst central midfield players in the Premiership.

Henderson needs to play centrally, or not at all, because he's a fucking embarrassment out wide.

Adam is a decent CM, but he can't be expected to do everything, especially as he's slower than evolution.

Kuyt on for Henderson. Fuck me, Kenny's woken up!

That was one of the most truly appalling displays at RM I have ever seen.

Lucas you hapless cunt

How can we spend £140m and end up with a team that has no RM, no CM and nobody who looks like scoring apart from Suarez?

Disgraceful

And we didn;t need to buy a proper RM or CM because Horrenderson and Lucas are fucking ace.

They've been utter dogshit all season.

And Downing has been OK, but for £20m? Laughable.

Sums us up that we've been crying out for a free transfer to come on and rescue the game in almost every fixture.

Hopefully this will get a few of the myopic quacking mongs to open their fucking eyes at last - we're not very good, we have some really poor footballers in the first team and we've wasted millions.

Duur really

Loads of people pointed it out. You just got negged because you're a bellend

I've been saying this for months, and yet you call me a "gobshite"?

Are you just bitter and angry because - as usual - I was right straight away and it takes palsied retards like you so long to fucking catch up?

Just wondering.

Why don't you pay to use it? Then you could just neg me, instead of having to resort to PMs calling me a shithouse and being dead hard and that.

You hapless twat.

So, summing up, your main issue is that we now share the same opinions, except I came to mine earlier?

And that's made you very angry.

Super. You and that hapless Shoepiss lunatic are coming out of this very well, I must say.

I posted this just before kick-off:

"Obviously we should batter Swansea at Anfield, despite missing our best midfielder and best defender, but I worry that without the likes of Carra and stevie Gerard (and Bellamy to an extent) we are lacking players who can take control of a game, exert their influence and refusal to accept anything other than a win.

Let's face it, you wouldn't want to be "in the trenches" with players like henderson, Lucas, downing and agger"

Hopefully we can make our class and status count, because Swansea are a really average team

Horribly prescient and worryingly accurate

No bollocks in the team. No grit. No winners.

You're the biggest fucking gobshite on thise whole site. Please fuck off.

Anyone know why Henry is in the country/at the game?

He's here to sack Dalglish.

Swansea are not a decent side away from home, they are as close to a guaranteed 3 points as you can get in the premiership when you are playing at home. If you have any aspirations you need to take all 3.

Why do people always try and stick up for the team. The team and set up get paid enough to deliver, if they don't they have failed. Liverpool as a whole failed tonight.

It is no good turning up for the top teams and failing to beat the shit teams. We'd finish far higher in the league if we took all 3 points from the supposed lesser teams.

Look mate, Swansea are a decent side in general. They can seriously play. As we saw today. This result is not the end of the world, There are still 27 games to go in the league.

Every one of them should have their pay stopped. How any of them could genuinely accept a weeks wages on the back of a performance like this is astonishing. Their contracts state they are paid to play football, and i haven't seen one of them play football today. Its almost a breach of contract. Fucking frauds.

You can fuck off too, "fucking frauds". We drew a game against a fucking decent side.

fucking hell Carroll how the fuck did he miss that sitter, cunts ruined my weekend again, no chace we're getting 4th and we're going to lose our next 2 games.

I can't abide people calling our players "cunts", jog on you fucking spastic.

Guest Pistonbroke

Swansea at home should be 3 points..decent side or not. We are reliving ground hog day against teams we should be putting away. Players have fuck all bollocks to put a shift in and our tactics at home need some serious rethinking. No matter how you analyse it, just not good enough.

Swansea at home should be 3 points..decent side or not. We are reliving ground hog day against teams we should be putting away. Players have fuck all bollocks to put a shift in and our tactics at home need some serious rethinking. No matter how you analyse it, just not good enough.

Should've been 3 points, no doubt. Before today they'd picked up 1 point on their travels. We simply have to be winning these type of games.

New owners, new manager, new team, new season...same old inconsistent shit on the pitch.

We have blown any chance we had of finishing in top four now - Arsenal and Spurs will finish above us so I reckon 6th is very best we can hope for.

Kenny out now - pls support campaign?

New owners, new manager, new team, new season...same old inconsistent shit on the pitch.

We have blown any chance we had of finishing in top four now - Arsenal and Spurs will finish above us so I reckon 6th is very best we can hope for.

I know yeah....on the same points as Arsenal, 3 behind Chelsea at the start of November. We've blown it.

Give Swansea credit, they played some good football and had us chasing shadows at times.

Swansea making Liverpool chase shadows at Anfield. Are we really that shit? There are urgent issues which really need addressing right now. If we can't deal with of shite sides like Swansea, Sunderland and Norwich then what the fuck happens when the likes of Chelsea and City come along? I'd love to say we'll twat them but I've got a sickening feeling right now we are gonna get turned over badly by both of them.

Bullshit, we're very much still in the hunt.

Granted, on present from I don't think we'll get it if we keep going the way we are.

But I think if a decision is taken to change our setup,particularly dumping 4-4-2 and the way we are employing it.

We then will have a very good chance of taking 4th.

Some fucking major history revisionist shit regarding Hodgson going on here today. Now poor Woy didn't have any money to buy his own players, and if he had the money Kenny has had, well, who knows what would have happened?

Bullshit!

Sure, all these points dropped against beatable opposition is frustrating, but think back to the Wolves game coming up on a year ago . No fucking chances being created at all in that game!

Bullshit, we're very much still in the hunt.

Granted, on present from I don't think we'll get it if we keep going the way we are.

But I think if a decision is taken to change our setup,particularly dumping 4-4-2 and the way we are employing it.

We then will have a very good chance of taking 4th.

Our passing and finshing is much poorer than Arsenals and most of the other teams above us. The only reason were level with Arsenal is because of their shite start.

I would defo take a 1-0 and not get any grand ideas about 5-0 or 4-1. I am Welsh and Swansea are my second fav team behind Liverpool of course. I want Liverpool to win but I tell you Swansea are a good team.

They play the ball around and don't get intimidated often. They are doing well and really should have a few more points than they do have.

I fear another Norwich where we find it hard. Swansea have Scott Sinclair wide left and Nathan Dyer wide right and both have pace to burn. Our full backs will have a game on their hands with those pair.

Also the goalie Vorm has been very good so far. Swansea are no gimmee Liverpool fans.

Oh well I was hoping for a win but I feared that Swansea would be a problem side for us. I said the goalie Vorm had the potential to save all we could put his way. Someone on here called Swansea chumps (before the game). That is embarrassingly stupid to say. If we had put Norwich away I would have maybe understood the optimism but after Norwich I was wary of Swansea.

Our passing and finshing is much poorer than Arsenals and most of the other teams above us. The only reason were level with Arsenal is because of their shite start.

Our passing is good enough IMO, our finishing could obviously do with improving. Or possibly bringing in another striker come January.

But all that aside, we really arn't a shite team. Far from it. We just need to change the system a little bit IMO because how we are set up right now is causing more than a few problems.

But we are good enough to take 4th.

Very disappointing performance again, particularly 2nd half but credit to the opposition who were well worth their point and in my opinion were unlucky not to take all three points with their brand of enterprising, fluid, passing football and they really took the game to us in the second half.

I said recently on here that I thought that we are heavily reliant on Suarez producing magic to win us games more than any of the other top 6 are reliant on their so-called star player than we are with Suarez. Today just made me think that even more if I am honest. He was quiet by his ridiculously high standards today but yet again he was still involved in nearly all of our best attacking play throughout the game and was still one of our best performers which speaks volumes about the likes of Downing, Henderson etc. It is a little worrying for me considering the outlay this summer.

The pedestrian midfield was a problem again and Swansea caused us problems with the way they played through Lucas and Adam in the 2nd half with their extra man in the middle and the pace they had on both flanks and it just goes to show what a good coach can do and they were very good to watch on the eye with the way they were making angles for passes and movement off the ball which was something that was a feature lacking in our game yet again today.

I thought Adam did very well whenever he was actually in possession particularly with passes between the centre half and full back which he tried a few times but we just didn't have enough quality again in the wide areas to make the most of any opportunities we may have created because of that.

Carroll did okay in terms of winning headers at the back post in the first half but the lack of midfield support was frustrating to say the least and it is something we have had problems with for years now and nothing seems to change no matter who the manager is in that respect.

I think we play the game in straight lines at times and there doesn't seem to be any pattern or fluidity to our play and we don't look like a ''team'' as such at times and whilst it is still relatively early days it still gives cause for concern.

Code called into the subs we have made this season recently and was slaughtered for it by some but again, it was a very relevant point he makes as today the lack of Bellamy until the latter part of the game was disappointing and I honestly couldn't see the reason for taking Carroll off for him when Downing was his usual Mr Average self.

He is the winger equivalent of Gareth Barry for me. He has been an average/decent player at best most of his career in my opinion but like Gareth Barry a couple of above average seasons at Aston Villa makes our manager want to spend the best part of 20m on him like we wanted to with Gareth Barry.

I am still undecided at where we are going at the moment. Are we a side in progression who will improve as the season goes on or is this going to be the norm from us. At this moment I am leaning towards thinking it is the latter. We have had two wins at home v Bolton and Wolves teams in the bottom three this season, both teams are in awful form as well, which frankly is not good enough.

The next two games v Chelsea and Man City are crucial now. We should have been realistically picking 9 or at minimum 7 points up from Norwich, West Brom and Swansea yet here we are with 5 points.

It has put us under even more pressure now to get positive results in the next couple of games now and Spurs with two games in hand, one tomorrow v Fulham away and one v Everton at home at some point and above us by a point as it is must be fancying their chances as will Arsenal who are on an excellent run free-scoring and winning games now themselves. Getting in the top 4 will be a lot harder than some people seem to think it will be. You can't expect to drop points v two promoted sides and a Sunderland side in awful form and expect to have a divine right to get in the top 4.

We lack pace, and creativity. Why didn't he play Maxi? Saurez can not create and score what he creates, we need another world class clinical finisher until Carroll matures. We should've bought Gomez.

Maxi's off in jan, mate. He won't get much of a look in aside from the carling cup.