You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Race-row: Johan Cruyff has been accused of racially abusing fellow Ajax board member Edgar Davids.

Brazilian icon Pele insists there is no racism problem in Europe, suggesting 'the teams are full of blacks' while FIFA president Sepp Blatter was forced to apologise after saying players who are racially abused should shake hands with their opponents and get on with the game.

Now it appears Cruyff has joined the alarmingly growing list of offenders after he was accused of making derogatory comments towards former Tottenham star Davids.

Ajax's supervisory board member Steven ten Have revealed that Cruyff was racist towards Davids, allegedly telling the ex-Holland international: 'You are only on the supervisory board because you're black.' Ten Have confirmed: 'That such a statement was made. Edgar has been insulted and has received shocking treatment. 'Sometimes people cross the line within the supervisory board. There have even been racist comments. I don't want to go into details, but it's not easy to hold this position.'

Abuse: It was alleged that David was racially abused during an Ajax board meeting by Cruyff

Amsterdam giants Ajax are yet to comment on the claims but Cruyff's alleged comments are certain to create yet more controversy in the game. Cruyff last week let rip at his fellow board members after Louis van Gaal was named a director of the Dutch club. The pair do not see eye to eye and Van Gaal's appointment is set to escalate tensions between Cruyff and the other four board members at the Amsterdam giants.

'They've gone mad,' Cruyff said after Van Gaal was hired without his approval.

I don't understand how telling Davids he's on the board " 'cause he's black "is racial abuse.

It's very hurtful, but abuse ? Just tell Cruyff to" fuck-off old man" or "I'm richer than you and girls of all colours fucking love me" I mean there are infinitely ways to get back at him.

Nawwww, this is bullshit about racial abuse. And it only detracts from people who really do experience racist situations.

Plus, some think they can play their political game in public and get their way. These "boys who cry wolf" should get done.

Interesting article in the Daily Mirror '3pm boys' today, with an article from 2007 of Hernandez being interviewed at Chivas and describing his delight with the 'goal of the negrito ( Omar Espara )'

Keep up, Roger! We were discussing this days ago.

Huh, I bet you haven't even got a Tweeter account!

Can anyone tell me how differently this would be had the referee been made aware of it during the game? Like for example a red card incident, if the referee saw it, but didn't take any action, then the FA can't?

Im just watching the match again and have come up to 63 minutes where they're in each others ears and really really think Evra tells the referee at that moment. But surely if he did, then the FA can't do anything because Mariner didn't at the time and that wouldn't be in Man Utds best interests, something I'm sure Fergie would make aware to Mariner when they went to see him after the game.

Can anyone tell me how differently this would be had the referee been made aware of it during the game? Like for example a red card incident, if the referee saw it, but didn't take any action, then the FA can't?

Im just watching the match again and have come up to 63 minutes where they're in each others ears and really really think Evra tells the referee at that moment. But surely if he did, then the FA can't do anything because Mariner didn't at the time and that wouldn't be in Man Utds best interests, something I'm sure Fergie would make aware to Mariner when they went to see him after the game.

Are you suggesting that Marriner was aware of a potentially racist remark and was "told" by Ferguson after the game not to mention it so that the FA could take action?

Are you suggesting that Marriner was aware of a potentially racist remark and was "told" by Ferguson after the game not to mention it so that the FA could take action?

All Im saying is, from what I can see Marriner is aware of it during the game, but doesn't punish Suarez. In the same way Clattenburg claimed to have seen Rooneys elbow on Mccarthy a couple of seasons ago, but didn't punish him, the FA couldn't do anything about it.

It's well known that Ferguson went to see Marriner after the game, allegedly to initially raise the issue. And surely you can understand if Ferguson had the chance to get one of our players punished for something he would take it. You only have to look at his post match interview to see him saying Suarez was diving all over the place to know his feelings on opponents players and taking any chance he can get.

All Im saying is, from what I can see Marriner is aware of it during the game, but doesn't punish Suarez. In the same way Clattenburg claimed to have seen Rooneys elbow on Mccarthy a couple of seasons ago, but didn't punish him, the FA couldn't do anything about it.

It's well known that Ferguson went to see Marriner after the game, allegedly to initially raise the issue. And surely you can understand if Ferguson had the chance to get one of our players punished for something he would take it. You only have to look at his post match interview to see him saying Suarez was diving all over the place to know his feelings on opponents players and taking any chance he can get.

And the award for the most ridiculous comment goes to...

I have no idea what this means I'm afraid.

It was widely reported EVERYWHERE that the ref was not aware of it during the game, and the first he knew was when Evra went to him after the match to report it.

It's well known that Ferguson went to see Marriner after the game, allegedly to initially raise the issue.

You seem to be implying that it was Ferguson who reported it / raised the issue, when in reality he accompanied Evra to the ref's room when he (Evra) went to report it. What do you think Ferguson should have done when, in the changing room post-game, Evra told him he had been racially abused? Said 'oh right, off you pop to see the ref then'? Or actually gone with him to support him?

I have no idea what this means I'm afraid.

It was widely reported EVERYWHERE that the ref was not aware of it during the game, and the first he knew was when Evra went to him after the match to report it.

You seem to be implying that it was Ferguson who reported it / raised the issue, when in reality he accompanied Evra to the ref's room when he (Evra) went to report it. What do you think Ferguson should have done when, in the changing room post-game, Evra told him he had been racially abused? Said 'oh right, off you pop to see the ref then'? Or actually gone with him to support him?

Im gonna try and put the clip of it on youtube, see what you think Marriner says.

What is obvious from it is Evra is talking to Marriner, and Marriner says one word back, to clarify what Evra is saying. Then he points at Suarez, nods, and calls him over. You tell me what you think Marriner said.

Edited by Acid

So has it been decided that "negrito" is racist yet then or not?

I want to start using it.

There's nothing new under the sun...... Rolling Stones 1970s album, Black and Blue - first track....'Hey Negrita'. I guess Mick and Keith are going to be up on racist charges soon enough.

2o3YrBAewKg

7 seconds in. Tell me what you think Marriner says.

I see what you mean, you can see Evra approaching him and saying something and Mariners seems to say;

"I think you are unaware of the cultrual context of Negrita within South American countries, it is not used as a racial prejoritive but a simple, affectionate term often used between freinds and family, now fuck off and sing us a good old fashioned n****r song"

I've seen that clip before, there is absolutely no way to ascertain what is being said by anybody. To say otherwise is speculative bollocks.

Thats quite a negative attitude to take. I'm just trying to help our guy out and everyone seems to be jumping on me without having seen the video. It's blocked right? But, you've seen it?

Thats quite a negative attitude to take. I'm just trying to help our guy out and everyone seems to be jumping on me without having seen the video. It's blocked right? But, you've seen it?

A few times, you could basically watch it anywhere in the days after the alleged event. You're throwing up wild conspiracy theories which don't help Suarez in the slightest.

Ferguson would of been duty bound to accompany Evra to the referee's office once Evra complained to him. I hate Ferguson as much as the next man, and he's subsequently acted like a tit, but he did nothing wrong in the immediate aftermath, Kenny would of probably done the same. There was no Machiavellian master plan.

One thing that is very clear throughout this whole episode is how much some people are loving the fact they can write the word “nigger” on this forum and get away with it as they are calling it part of the discussion. An awful lot of racial connotations and slurs wrapped up in the idea that it’s just a little joke put down of Evra. Amazing the amount of closet racists out there showing their heads.