You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have to say, because Ive been saying it all week in college, I expected us to win.

I'm not happy with a draw, and I can't think for the life of me, why we only used 1 sub.

I have only read the last page so it may have been mentioned why, but I just don't get it whatsoever. I'm not one who grew up with Kenny as player or first stint as manager so I don't worship him as much as some, I can only go on what other people say, so maybe other people won't say this, but that was a mistake. I really don't understand it.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking hate the "I would have taken the 4 points" brigade. It reminds me of how low we have fallen with our expectations and how easily satisfied some have become. I suppose you are fairly satisfied with the 1 point we have "gained" from Sunderland, Stoke and the bumming we got from Tottenham. No I am not satisfied with 4 points and I never will be.

As for the inability to retain a 1-0 lead, how about stepping the pressure up and going for a second. Suarez was surrounded and isolated up front and yet we leave Carrol and Bellamy on the bench when Kuyt is breathing out of his arse, in the last twenty mins, and Gerrard is playing his first 90 this season. For the first time in a long time have a bench that that can change a game or step up the pressure on the opposition and they are not utilised. That is the most frustrating thing about today. We let them off the Fucking hook. So take your 4 points and poke them, we should have had six!!

And before you call me a whining Prick or clown, check my join date and number of posts. I only post when people like you take the "Superfan" route and try to stifle peoples well earned opinion.

I am now going back to my usual lurking. Please do not wake me again with such defeatist and subserviant rambings.

defeatist and subserviant (sic) ramblings?!

That's told you lot!

I fucking hate the "I would have taken the 4 points" brigade. It reminds me of how low we have fallen with our expectations and how easily satisfied some have become. I suppose you are fairly satisfied with the 1 point we have "gained" from Sunderland, Stoke and the bumming we got from Tottenham. No I am not satisfied with 4 points and I never will be.

As for the inability to retain a 1-0 lead, how about stepping the pressure up and going for a second. Suarez was surrounded and isolated up front and yet we leave Carrol and Bellamy on the bench when Kuyt is breathing out of his arse, in the last twenty mins, and Gerrard is playing his first 90 this season. For the first time in a long time have a bench that that can change a game or step up the pressure on the opposition and they are not utilised. That is the most frustrating thing about today. We let them off the Fucking hook. So take your 4 points and poke them, we should have had six!!

And before you call me a whining Prick or clown, check my join date and number of posts. I only post when people like you take the "Superfan" route and try to stifle peoples well earned opinion.

I am now going back to my usual lurking. Please do not wake me again with such defeatist and subserviant rambings.

I'll start by saying I agree totally with your sentiment. Theres too many people on here constantly giving it the Superfan routine and theres always someone whinging about people getting into hysterics in the middle of a game when its rarely if ever anywhere near as bad as made out.

Fact is, theres been alot of issues seen this year and far too many people trying to paper over them with pure and utter rose tinted bollox.

But although I think you're right we should have had 6, 4 points is hardly a disaster and the manner in which we played should breed much needed confidence with the next 3 very winnable games coming up. I think today was a good day at the office in terms of our gradual improvement. First game in a while I've felt very positive after, which I have to admit I can't say about a few other games this season.

I have to say, because Ive been saying it all week in college, I expected us to win.

I'm not happy with a draw, and I can't think for the life of me, why we only used 1 sub.

I have only read the last page so it may have been mentioned why, but I just don't get it whatsoever. I'm not one who grew up with Kenny as player or first stint as manager so I don't worship him as much as some, I can only go on what other people say, so maybe other people won't say this, but that was a mistake. I really don't understand it.

Nobody thinks kenny is perfect and incapable of making a mistake.

(OK, some are, but they're fucking morons)

But I do find it odd that you don't "worship" Kenny Dalglish. Even if you didn't watch him play, or grow up with him, it's not really on.

He's a bona fide, living legend and is a name that, along with Paisley and Shankly, will forever be associated with the club.

I love having him at the club, because I know he has won so much for us, but I dont do the worship thing for anyone. I tried it with Torres, but then he left. Im not suggesting Kenny will leave us for a team higher up the league, I just don't know.

Guest davelfc

Then you really need to have a good fucking look at yourself you whopper! You sound like a chelsea fan. Try actually learning some of our history and what Kenny did as a player and as a manager.

You comments after this where you say you can't worship Kenny after the Torres thing makes you appear around 5 years old.

Sorry to be so nasty, I was brought up with Kenny as a player and as a manager. I idolised him as a nipper, after Keegan left us. Yeah you read that, Keegan left us and we didn't spit out dummies.

Dalglish is as much Liverpool as the Liver Bird, as Anfield. He simply is the king and while nobody is saying he won't and doesn't make mistakes the man should be worshipped by all fans, those that can't bring themselves to do that can fuck off.

Guest Pistonbroke

You have to be happy with the performance. We made United look second best. But our finishing cost us two points. Taggart set the mancs up for a kicking today, but we refused to put the boot in.

P.S. Evra is a despicable French twat and i hope he chokes on a silverlining's cock.

With Kelly having games like these will Kenny try Johnson at right midfield/ right forward ? I really think he's got everything it takes to be a top playerin à right duser attacking role. He's tricky, quick very comfortable on the ball...

Its a good dilemma to have. Kelly is too good at RB to be shifted I reckon. But Glen can be very effective going forward.

I don't think the way we are playing right now Glen would be trusted at right wing but if we try and employ a different system in the future there might be room to try him there. Lots of people have argued against it but I think like you say he has all the attributes to play the role well.

Guest Pistonbroke

Kuyt got in the way today. But fair play to him, he normally does a decent job against the mancs. Downing is a bigger worry, it seemed to me he is worried about actually losing the ball rather than getting the ball into the box. I was willing those two chances for Henderson into the net....pity.

The main reason, I would assume, is that Kuyt and Downing improved as the game went on and were both instrumental in that last flurry of chances we created.

I would have liked to see maybe Bellamy or Carroll on for Adam (who faded again in the last 10) and while I felt a change could have seen us capitalise on the lead it's not a complete puzzle why Kenny stuck with his hand, we were tearing that defence open with ease.

I love having him at the club, because I know he has won so much for us, but I dont do the worship thing for anyone. I tried it with Torres, but then he left. Im not suggesting Kenny will leave us for a team higher up the league, I just don't know.

You won't worship Kenny because you worshipped Torres and he left. That right?

With Kelly having games like these will Kenny try Johnson at right midfield/ right forward ? I really think he's got everything it takes to be a top playerin à right duser attacking role. He's tricky, quick very comfortable on the ball...

NAH, wont happen, folk have been talking about that for ages, i guess he would lose his place in the england line up and wouldn't want to play there anyway.

I hope we learn from the mistakes. We should have murdered them in the second half. Frustrates the hell out of me that we have three or four options to perhaps change the game, but the manager knows best.

Then you really need to have a good fucking look at yourself you whopper! You sound like a chelsea fan. Try actually learning some of our history and what Kenny did as a player and as a manager.

You comments after this where you say you can't worship Kenny after the Torres thing makes you appear around 5 years old.

Sorry to be so nasty, I was brought up with Kenny as a player and as a manager. I idolised him as a nipper, after Keegan left us. Yeah you read that, Keegan left us and we didn't spit out dummies.

Dalglish is as much Liverpool as the Liver Bird, as Anfield. He simply is the king and while nobody is saying he won't and doesn't make mistakes the man should be worshipped by all fans, those that can't bring themselves to do that can fuck off.

There you go mate.

I wasn't. Yes, I know he won the european cup for us in 78 in Wembley against Brugges. I know about his partnership with Rush. I know about him buying Beardsley, Barnes and Aldridge. I know about the double under him. I know about what he did for the families after Hillsborough. I know about what he went through after it making him leave in 1991.

But none of that happened during the time I knew anything about football, being born in 1990.

I don't worship players, and I don't worship managers.

He is a Liverpool legend, I know that, and I was hoping for him as manager after Benitez after seeing the other choices out there, despite never having seen him manage us before.

I genuinely think we can win the league under him, but because of my late date of birth, I can obviously stomach questioning him more than some. Maybe that makes you a better fan than me I guess.

Guest davelfc

I genuinely think we can win the league under him, but because of my late date of birth, I can obviously stomach questioning him more than some. Maybe that makes you a better fan than me I guess.

No it doesn't make you less of a fan, it doesn't make me a better fan because I have been fortunate enough to live through those years.

But it does mean you should look more into your history on him, if you actually do support us that is. I don't remember much about Shankly, does that mean I can have a dig at him?

Wind ya neck in if you don't know and trust Kenny, we all do.

Its not wrong to question a manager, no matter who he is, the day we end up just blindly accepting everything without question is the day we are well and truly fucked.

But theres no point questioning everything and anything or stupid shite Kenny had no control over.

Its not one or the other, there is a middle ground where you can criticize a legend if you feel need be, just make damn sure its a valid point and not something completely over the top and wrong.

I was promised from other fans and the media that Downing was this left sided wide man who hogs the touchline and whips in great balls. So why the fuck haven’t I seen him beat a man and whip in any good balls?

Because he doesn't actually have pace, and he isn't very skillful either. Most of his game playing on the left is basically launching early crosses which are rarely threatening.

But then, those of us who already knew that before he signed were shot down by the superfan brigade and branded football manager mongs.

What's done is done anyway, we paid 20m quid for him, he's here so it's a question of how to use him best. For me, we do that by playing him on the right where he's not as predictable.

Kuyt got in the way today. But fair play to him, he normally does a decent job against the mancs. Downing is a bigger worry, it seemed to me he is worried about actually losing the ball rather than getting the ball into the box. I was willing those two chances for Henderson into the net....pity.

Yep, he is for me also. He's been very mediocre so far but it's early days and he may just need time to settle.