You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Because Jamie Carragher playing for this club for an extra few years isn't to the detriment of this club. Carragher had proven over the years what a influential servant and loyal one at that he had been.

Benitez was just causing shit everywhere he went, yes he got stuff right I don't doubt that. But he got so much stuff wrong, he alienated key players, spent millions on absolute shite and although he fought the owners, he was constantly fighting battles he didn't need to fight.

As for his contract. Maybe It's just me, but he trusted Tom Fucking Hicks to invest in the squad, quite willingly got an extension to a contract quite a while away from terminating. In the meantime he had sold our best player, replaced him with someone who was fucking shite. Then got a fat fucking pay off 10 months later?

Maybe it's just me, but Rafa was 'cushty' the moment he signed that contract with Hicks.

He should have fucked off with his head held high, but instead he stayed a long for the ride and got a bit extra money out of it.

Unbelievable disrespect to our captain.

I'm not getting into an argument over this but if you can't see how the words of Torres etc. helped raise awareness in our fanbase about the cunts then I can't help you.

Whatever transpired afterwards regarding him leaving the club is completely unrelated.

I agree with you on the last point, some of our so called legends should be ashamed of themselves.

Didn't cross my mind to get into an ''argument'' with you mate. What good did it do that Torres helped ''raise awareness'' then?

If you want to hold some kind of torch for him because of a few what turned out to be empty words then that is your look out. We had new owners which is what you are saying he wanted, then he promptly fucked us over as soon as they had their feet under the desk. Way to go Fernando eh, with friends like him etc etc. Whilst the loyal servants who said nothing and just got on with it are still at the club and are still Liverpool legends. Funny old world eh.

"So ******* stuck a wet finger into the storm that was blowing around Anfield, captured the wind direction, decided his enemy's enemy was his friend, pulled back the Texas Rangers bedsheet and jumped into the sack with Uncle Tom.

He phoned certain friendly journalists asking them to call their dogs off Hicks and turn them on Parry and Gillett".

Brian Reade, Epic Swindle.

Clue; it wasn't Carragher.

"So ******* stuck a wet finger into the storm that was blowing around Anfield, captured the wind direction, decided his enemy's enemy was his friend, pulled back the Texas Rangers bedsheet and jumped into the sack with Uncle Tom.

He phoned certain friendly journalists asking them to call their dogs off Hicks and turn them on Parry and Gillett".

citizen_cane.gif

Didn't cross my mind to get into an ''argument'' with you mate. What good did it do that Torres helped ''raise awareness'' then?

If you want to hold some kind of torch for him because of a few what turned out to be empty words then that is your look out. We had new owners which is what you are saying he wanted, then he promptly fucked us over as soon as they had their feet under the desk. Way to go Fernando eh, with friends like him etc etc. Whilst the loyal servants who said nothing and just got on with it are still at the club and are still Liverpool legends. Funny old world eh.

Think you're missing my point a bit mate. This isn't about Torres, it's about the clueless majority who were happy with Tom and George and them being educated on how they were running the club into the ground. If Torres could have a significant impact by speaking out about the owners then surely Carra and Stevie would have had everyone of our supporters knowing the score and campaigning or at least paying interest in the problems at the club.

It's called making the best of a bad situation.

citizen_cane.gif

Shitehouse aids on you and your dog etc. etc.

remenber aldo bangimg on in the sunday world about hick,s and gillett yet never came out in the uk public domain. and had a real go at them. some of the so called "legend,s " where a disgrace probs did not want to jepordise there corprate ticket,s. as for rafa love the guy made some fucking terrible decsions. carra wanted a deal that would see him through to the end of he,s career even if he,s not first choice fair enough he will still be a guidance around the traing field,

You say making the best of a bad situation Moof. Making the best for who though? The club? Certainly not. Hicks gaining full control which Rafa wanted would have been catastrophic, even worse than the joint ownership. It was making the best for Rafa himself. Nothing wrong with that at all, survival of the fittest, or fattest, however you want to look at it really but this selfless Rafa doing everything for the good of the club is fallacy. If people just admitted he just may have been in it for himself every once in a while instead of painting him as some modern day Lawrence of Arabia then fair enough. The guy is only human and I can understand why he did certain things. It is a shame his flaws got the better of him for the same reasons.

You say making the best of a bad situation Moof. Making the best for who though? The club? Certainly not. Hicks gaining full control which Rafa wanted would have been catastrophic, even worse than the joint ownership. It was making the best for Rafa himself. Nothing wrong with that at all, survival of the fittest, or fattest, however you want to look at it really but this selfless Rafa doing everything for the good of the club is fallacy. If people just admitted he just may have been in it for himself every once in a while instead of painting him as some modern day Lawrence of Arabia then fair enough. The guy is only human and I can understand why he did certain things. It is a shame his flaws got the better of him for the same reasons.

What is more beneficial to the club in your opinion; The Manager having diologue with 0 owners or the manager having dialogue with 1 owner?

What is more beneficial to the club in your opinion; The Manager having diologue with 0 owners or the manager having dialogue with 1 owner?

None of those owners. How about just keeping your head down and concentrating on what your undoubtedly good at? Ferguson has done under Glazer ownership and look at the success they're still having. Became less of an occurrence once the ink was dry on the new contract for Rafa sadly.

Hicks handed everything Rafa wanted pretty much on a plate when he was negotiating that new contract in early 2009.

Edited by Juan Galonso

None of those owners. How about just keeping your head down and concentrating on what your undoubtedly good at? Ferguson has done under Glazer ownership and look at the success they're still having. Became less of an occurrence once the ink was dry on the new contract for Rafa sadly.

Hicks handed everything Rafa wanted pretty much on a plate when he was negotiating that new contract in early 2009.

You only had to see his reaction to the reception he recieved at the Hillsborough memorial at Anfield to know he had more invested in this club and the people of Liverpool than personal greed.

Carry on pursuing this agenda if you like, 99% of people here are sick to the back teeth of it.

He deserved to be sacked and he got fucking sacked, I don't see the problem here.

I made the point earlier but I'll say it again, people, even footballers and managers are only human.

There were only 2 seriously despicable villains in the whole story. Cancer and Aids.

There were others who made mistakes, not just Rafa, although he made a serious amount of fuck ups. But no one did anything out of hate or any evil agenda. Maybe at times it was self-serving, but you'll find thats an affliction that affects I'd say about 98% of the human race.

You're a proper snide twat sometimes.

What he said is true. Rafa took a lot of the fans for a ride, they lapped it up and incredibly some still do. He's caused trouble at every club that's employed him, that's why now clubs won't touch him. He's not worth the problems he brings with him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

His passive acceptance of the Glazers is as self-serving as Rafa riding that wave of whoppers. Like you say, it's going well on the pitch for them so his short-term view is paying dividends, though the long-term damage those owners could inflict is unreal. Ferguson himself will be gone by then, of course. With a few more titles to his name no doubt.

Benitez is many things - fat being one of them, as you've kindly pointed out - but he was never, ever a boyhood Evertonian.

You only had to see his reaction to the reception he recieved at the Hillsborough memorial at Anfield to know he had more invested in this club and the people of Liverpool than personal greed.

Carry on pursuing this agenda if you like, 99% of people here are sick to the back teeth of it.

He deserved to be sacked and he got fucking sacked, I don't see the problem here.

Isn't it funny that you proclaim to be sitting on the fence judging by the style of your posts but you say the people who questioned his motives for certain things into question are the ones with an "agenda" while the people who try and justify EVERY single thing he did are they just misunderstood ickle lambs are they?

When people try and justify the signing of Philip fucking Degen for instance earlier in the thread then if you can't say they have an agenda without a straight face then there is nothing more can be said really. Quite clear where your priorities lie isn't it.

Bascombe?