You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zonal marking is wrong

This is confusing. I thought the whole premise of Silverlining's post was hoping we'd move back to the good old days of football. When everyone played 4-4-2 and everyone was called Frank.

Zonal marking, like tika-taka, attacking fullbacks etc are ideas that most probably come from foreigners. Foreigners that almost definitely don't wash.

This is confusing. I thought the whole premise of Silverlining's post was hoping we'd move back to the good old days of football. When everyone played 4-4-2 and everyone was called Frank.

Zonal marking, like tika-taka, attacking fullbacks etc are ideas that most probably come from foreigners, that almost definitely don't wash.

Woah, I'm not saying that thing's haven't changed. I like a bit of formation tinkering AND WHAT-NOT

But not fucking pages and pages of it. ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Football is entertainment and I love it, but if you over-analyse anything, all of of the fun and enjoyment is irrevocably sucked out of it.

So fuck you, I'll make as many snap judgements and amusing nicknames for players as I want!

(I'd still play 4-2-3-1 if we had the players for it, I don't MIND two holding players as long as both can contribute.....oh shit)

Woah, I'm not saying that thing's haven't changed. I like a bit of formation tinkering AND WHAT-NOT

But not fucking pages and pages of it. ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Football is entertainment and I love it, but if you over-analyse anything, all of of the fun and enjoyment is irrevocably sucked out of it.

So fuck you, I'll make as many snap judgements and amusing nicknames for players as I want!

(I'd still play 4-2-3-1 if we had the players for it, I don't MIND two holding players as long as both can contribute.....oh shit)

Yeah, fuck off with your tactical mumbo jumbo, you Championship Manager playing, prepubescent, Trequarderpsta.

You're French aren't you? Admit it.

The OP

The only thing that rattles your cage is when the Rafa party line is in any way contradicted.

And that goes for people buying tickets for the Empire to go and hear it all over again.

There's more than one pile of "the usual shite". Only one pile gets folk on their pedestals.

Couldn't give a fuck either way anymore but that who show real venom should put up or shut up instead of the continuous friend of a friend insinuations.

Benitez did an interview on lfc.tv where he said he spoke with Arbeloa and told him that he wouldn't be first choice (because of Johnson) and so, they needed to "find a solution" so that he could stay in the national team.

That's fine. Putting to one side that I treat anything Benitez says with a hill of salt big enough to sit a priest on, I don't think arbeloa's going should be held against Rafa.

That's fine. Putting to one side that I treat anything Benitez says with a hill of salt big enough to sit a priest on, I don't think arbeloa's going should be held against Rafa.

Dont know mate, Arbeloa himself said he felt he did not have any other option when we brought in the inferior G.Johnson.

So even if it was Arbeloas own decision it happened because Rafa thought it was a good move to use £16M on a fairly average fullback not really good at defending.

Carragher's earned our affections, given he's one of our best ever defenders and a Liverpool legend.

Agreed. But did he earn the contract? Was it deserved? Who decided to award it to him? I'm just asking the questions. If there are accusations of using the fans' affections for personal gain it should apply to the players too. In my view Carragher's form did not warrant a contract extension of more than one year when the norm for a player at his age was a one year extension (e.g Kuyt). That's just my personal opinion, though.

Since the contract was made he has suffered a medium term injury and patchy form. So, in my view, Carragher has benefited from it more than the club.

What personal gain? He deserved a contract

Beautiful. Shall I give you a clue? It starts with "con" and ends in "act", I'll let you fill in the middle bit. Bless.

Agreed. But did he earn the contract? Was it deserved? Who decided to award it to him? I'm just asking the questions. If there are accusations of using the fans' affections for personal gain it should apply to the players too. In my view Carragher's form did not warrant a contract extension of more than one year when the norm for a player at his age was a one year extension (e.g Kuyt). That's just my personal opinion, though.

Since the contract was made he has suffered a medium term injury and patchy form. So, in my view, Carragher has benefited from it more than the club.

Beautiful. Shall I give you a clue? It starts with "con" and ends in "act", I'll let you fill in the middle bit. Bless.

Footballers get contracts

Our best footballers get contracts

Carragher fits both criteria for getting a contract

He was our best defender. Instead of asking why our best defender in a generation who has come from our youth set up got an extention to his contract. Lets fucking ask whose idea it was to give Nabil El Fucking Zhar another extension.

Cos the conversation was about people manipulating situations to get what was best for them, even if it wasn't best for the club.

Cos the conversation was about people manipulating situations to get what was best for them, even if it wasn't best for the club.

Putting Jamie Carragher on that contract was the best thing for the club because we need players like Jamie Carragher. On the long list of fuck ups, controversial moments and complete and utter fucking stupid contracts we've handed out, Jamie's ranks so low on the list it's not worth discussing.

Honestly. Jamie wasn't using us. Shall I tell you whats using is? It's signing an extension to your contract with a bunch of conmen, selling one of your best players and replacing him with an Italian for £20 Million who played 50 games in 3 seasons.

THEN doing shit, but still getting a fat pay off.

Rafa's alright.

Putting Jamie Carragher on that contract was the best thing for the club because we need players like Jamie Carragher. On the long list of fuck ups, controversial moments and complete and utter fucking stupid contracts we've handed out, Jamie's ranks so low on the list it's not worth discussing.

Honestly. Jamie wasn't using us.

I don't think it was best for the club to give Carra a contract as long as the one he got.

I don't think it was best for the club to give Carra a contract as long as the one he got.

There are worse things this club has done over the past 5-6 years. Giving our 2nd all time leading appearance holder an extension to his contract isn't the worst thing in the world.

Especially when he's still playing literally every week.