You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Putting Jamie Carragher on that contract was the best thing for the club because we need players like Jamie Carragher. On the long list of fuck ups, controversial moments and complete and utter fucking stupid contracts we've handed out, Jamie's ranks so low on the list it's not worth discussing.

Honestly. Jamie wasn't using us. Shall I tell you whats using is? It's signing an extension to your contract with a bunch of conmen, selling one of your best players and replacing him with an Italian for £20 Million who played 50 games in 3 seasons.

THEN doing shit, but still getting a fat pay off.

Rafa's alright.

In what sense was signing Aquilani using anybody? When you're using somebody, you're doing it for your own benefit, Rafa got nothing positive out of signing Aquilani, so that makes no sense.

I'll give you two examples of using, Rafa using his popularity within the Liverpool fan base to encourage the owners to give him full control, or Jamie Carragher publically pressurising Liverpool to give him a new contract, much like Rafa did. They are both as bad as each other when it comes to those two situations, so I don't see why Carra should come out of it smelling like roses while Rafa gets called a cunt for doing the same.

In what sense was signing Aquilani using anybody? When you're using somebody, you're doing it for your own benefit, Rafa got nothing positive out of signing Aquilani, so that makes no sense.

I'll give you two examples of using, Rafa using his popularity within the Liverpool fan base to encourage the owners to give him full control, or Jamie Carragher publically pressurising Liverpool to give him a new contract, much like Rafa did. They are both as bad as each other when it comes to those two situations, so I don't see why Carra should come out of it smelling like roses while Rafa gets called a cunt for doing the same.

Don't take the bait.

Because Jamie Carragher playing for this club for an extra few years isn't to the detriment of this club. Carragher had proven over the years what a influential servant and loyal one at that he had been.

Benitez was just causing shit everywhere he went, yes he got stuff right I don't doubt that. But he got so much stuff wrong, he alienated key players, spent millions on absolute shite and although he fought the owners, he was constantly fighting battles he didn't need to fight.

As for his contract. Maybe It's just me, but he trusted Tom Fucking Hicks to invest in the squad, quite willingly got an extension to a contract quite a while away from terminating. In the meantime he had sold our best player, replaced him with someone who was fucking shite. Then got a fat fucking pay off 10 months later?

Maybe it's just me, but Rafa was 'cushty' the moment he signed that contract with Hicks.

He should have fucked off with his head held high, but instead he stayed a long for the ride and got a bit extra money out of it.

He was our best defender. Instead of asking why our best defender in a generation who has come from our youth set up got an extention to his contract. Lets fucking ask whose idea it was to give Nabil El Fucking Zhar another extension.

It's not about El Zhar or anyone else getting one.

It's about the most reliable defender in terms if injuries, performances and commitment getting the final contract that will tie him to the club being tied down to also move into a coaching role for the long term.

I questioned it myself originally, however Carragher's extension was not just about his playing time. He's an asset off the field as he bleeds the passion of this club. That along with his experience and guidance to players who would long term be his successor to grow into his role as a centre back.

Because our senior players were so vocal in highlighting the Yanks Mk I asset-stripping.

Before we go there.

Jamie Carragher turned up after the last home game of the season v Man City if I recall correctly and said 'We can't say much but we support you'

Or words to that effect.

It's not about El Zhar or anyone else getting one.

It's about the most reliable defender in terms if injuries, performances and commitment getting the final contract that will tie him to the club being tied down to also move into a coaching role for the long term.

I questioned it myself originally, however Carragher's extension was not just about his playing time. He's an asset off the field as he bleeds the passion of this club. That along with his experience and guidance to players who would long term be his successor to grow into his role as a centre back.

I just don't get why it's such as bad thing that our best defender was given a contract extension.

Why couldn't Carra say anything? Others did.

Fuck this shit anyway.

Carra is a legend and was an amazing defender for us. Rafa is a legend for making us the best team in Europe.

Yep. That's it for me too.

Pretty pathetic that they're being used as weapons to attack the other's record with.

I often wonder do people on here understand how human beings work. Theres very few on earth who don't do underhanded and self serving shit from time to time. That doesn't make them the root of all evil. And on the flip side because they've done this, that and the other thing thats all great, doesn't mean they are some fucking saint.

Some of historys greatest people have done the odd cuntish thing and fucked up plenty of times.

And I think theres people who have been part of our club and people still at our club who made mistakes, put their self interests first etc... etc...

That doesn't make them evil or cunts. It makes them simply human.

Who are these ''others'' you speak of then? Torres? Hahahaha.

Well, he did. So did Reina. I'm still pissed off Stevie and Carra didn't say anything, doesn't mean I hate them or think they're cunts. I still like Rafa but that doesn't mean he was infallible and didn't deserve to be sacked. Grow up lads, for fucks sake.

Well, he did. So did Reina. I'm still pissed off Stevie and Carra didn't say anything, doesn't mean I hate them or think they're cunts. I still like Rafa but that doesn't mean he was infallible and didn't deserve to be sacked. Grow up lads, for fucks sake.

What did they say though? Torres really showed his loyalty - even when Hicks and Gillett were gone didn't he. I think the old saying about actions speaking louder than words are applicable there don't you? At the end of the day they are employees of the club and don't really have any kind of say in anything like that.

I'm not arsed that Carra and Stevie didn't say anything as they shouldn't have been expected to. I am more fucked off with so called ''legends'' ex players being put to shame by the likes of Stan Collymore when all that was going on to be honest.

What did they say though? Torres really showed his loyalty - even when Hicks and Gillett were gone didn't he. I think the old saying about actions speaking louder than words are applicable there don't you? At the end of the day they are employees of the club and don't really have any kind of say in anything like that.

I'm not arsed that Carra and Stevie didn't say anything as they shouldn't have been expected to. I am more fucked off with so called ''legends'' ex players being put to shame by the likes of Stan Collymore when all that was going on to be honest.

I'm not getting into an argument over this but if you can't see how the words of Torres etc. helped raise awareness in our fanbase about the cunts then I can't help you.

Whatever transpired afterwards regarding him leaving the club is completely unrelated.

I agree with you on the last point, some of our so called legends should be ashamed of themselves.