You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City home match thread

fowler9

That was a brilliant performance tonight. Its easy to go overboard and jump the gun but every player on that pitch gave 100% for the shirt. Thats all I ask from a player that plays for Liverpool Football Club, its the way it should be and it seems Kenny has been able to show these players what it means to play for us. It really is refreshing.

Big Andy Carroll and Suarez are going to be a key part of our future, no matter whos in charge (and lets face it, Kenny fucking deserves it). The first goal was like the one he scored earlier in the season against us and the second one was fortunate. It looked a cracking header, but Kolarov headed it against him, anybody else probably wouldnt have scored it only Carroll.

I'm delighted to be proven wrong about selling Torres. I defended that fucker for months saying he was injured etc, and that we'd never be able to replace him. But not only have we robbed Chelsea by getting £50m for him, we've also robbed Ajax by getting Suarez for £20m.

Suarez and Carroll for Torres and Babel has been the best business this club has done in years.

If they get 19 they get it,im sick of wanting others to help us stop them getting it.

I cant see 4th,8pts behind with 6 left,city/spurs would have to get 11pts from 6 games,just cant see it

Stranger things have happened.

Anyway another season in the Europa will make our team stronger rather than just walking into the CL.

I'm delighted with that. Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt are all great together and they are still learning about each other as well. Flanagan was boss and Spearing was very good again despite my early doubts about his ability. He's been proving me wrong of late and I'm pleased.

On a shitter note, some twat had put one of mates car windows through whn we got back to it.

That was a brilliant performance tonight. Its easy to go overboard and jump the gun but every player on that pitch gave 100% for the shirt. Thats all I ask from a player that plays for Liverpool Football Club, its the way it should be and it seems Kenny has been able to show these players what it means to play for us. It really is refreshing.

Big Andy Carroll and Suarez are going to be a key part of our future, no matter whos in charge (and lets face it, Kenny fucking deserves it). The first goal was like the one he scored earlier in the season against us and the second one was fortunate. It looked a cracking header, but Kolarov headed it against him, anybody else probably wouldnt have scored it only Carroll.

I'm delighted to be proven wrong about selling Torres. I defended that fucker for months saying he was injured etc, and that we'd never be able to replace him. But not only have we robbed Chelsea by getting £50m for him, we've also robbed Ajax by getting Suarez for £20m.

Suarez and Carroll for Torres and Babel has been the best business this club has done in years.

Kind of makes up for the number of times we got proper bummed on other deals. To get one over on the chavs after they polluted so many waters ours and other "not-so-rich teams" tried to fish in.

Brilliant post and agree.

Our street had a power cut just after the first goal...it didn't come back on until the 67th minute...of course gutted to have missed the majority of the game, but delighted with the outcome! (Plus can just watch the replay on 434).

Superb team performance and really pleased for Carroll getting off the mark in such emphatic style. Flanagan was solid, composed and will give a major incentive to the other youngsters.

Great night!

Thought Carras guidance of Flanagan through the game was superb. He got the lad playing and filled him with confidence. He didn't berate him, which Jamie can be a little guilty of at the wrong time, but instead praised and pushed and dictated and advised. It was a joy to watch as Flanagan got more and more confident and by the end was demanding the ball. Great to see an old head bring on a young lad like that.

Carroll getting his goals was superb, but Flanagans performance was a real pleasure to watch as was Carra fathering of him through the game. Great stuff.

• Upvote 1

I'm delighted with that. Suarez, Carroll and Kuyt are all great together and they are still learning about each other as well. Flanagan was boss and Spearing was very good again despite my early doubts about his ability. He's been proving me wrong of late and I'm pleased.

On a shitter note, some twat had put one of mates car windows through whn we got back to it.

Your mate posted about football on the GF, didn't he?

That was a joy tonight. We dominated from start to finish and were well worth the comprehensive victory. I suppose tonight isn't much of a surprise though. I'd always fancy us against the big boys at home, its the shite like West Brom were we slip up. So frustrating but then we all know that.

Anyway, Ill keep it positive. Loads of hunger and passion all over the pitch. We started quick and played with pace from the off. We dictated the play and never allowed City to settle. We also played football and never looked for the aimless hoof which has blighted a lot of our recent play. We gave our strikers balls to attack in the right areas instead of an 80yard punt with back to goal. We are a much much better team when we keep it down and play on the deck.

Carroll was great and those two goals will do him the world of good. The first was a stunner and the second showed something we've missed for a while; a dominant powerful striker who'll attack the ball in the air. Suarez was everywhere and put in another class performance. Dirk had one of those nights which make you feel like a cunt for doubting him.

Lucas and Jay Speo bossed the middle, and Jay seems to be growing better and more confident with every match.

Carra proved that he should now only ever play at CB and put in a dominant display with Skrtel. Also no co-incidence we look a better side with a fully fit Aurellio, although no one doubts his class just his fitness.

Final mention has to go to John Flanagan. Cool and composed throughout, the lad didn't put a foot wrong and had a debut to be proud of. He never panicked and always looked to play the pass instead of an aimless punt. He also bombed forward when given chance but never got caught out going backwards. Carra stewarded him through it and there's nothing better than seeing a good young scouser coming through the ranks. Really impressed and well done to the lad.

Like I said in my first para as happy as I am tonight, it only makes me more pissed off with results like last week. Barring a catastrophic collapse from City and Spurs our season is all but over when it really shouldn't be. We can be a great side when we want to be but to often you just don't know which Liverpool team will turn up.

What a great game, absolutely over the moon with that performance. When Carroll got his first goal, I don't think i've celebrated that much over a goal in years, so happy for him and the rest of the lads. A real great overall team performance tonight, thought Flanaghan and Spearing were quality for two youngsters coming into the side (I know Spearings been in it before, but it's great to see him take that place as his own).

Now it's time to keep it up, get a good result against Arsenal and look onwards into net season.

Thought Carras guidance of Flanagan through the game was superb. He got the lad playing and filled him with confidence. He didn't berate him, which Jamie can be a little guilty of at the wrong time, but instead praised and pushed and dictated and advised. It was a joy to watch as Flanagan got more and more confident and by the end was demanding the ball. Great to see an old head bring on a young lad like that.

Carroll getting his goals was superb, but Flanagans performance was a real pleasure to watch as was Carra fathering of him through the game. Great stuff.

Great point that Jonny - it was really fantastic to see Carragher encouraging him throughout the game . Fantastic suff by him.

Great stuff from the whole team tonight. Special congratulations to the debutant Flanagan. Looked calm and assured - I loved it when he shepherded Balotelli away from a ball that was going dead. The other thing that struck me about him was that his decision making when under pressure was impeccable. He played the right pass everytime, and usually first touch.

Kuyt had a fine game as well, as did Lucas. Kuyt . Apart from the missed chance late on, he didn't put a foot wrong . definitely an asset today.

Carroll - he'll be some player when fit .

My favourite moment wasn't the goals, it was when Spearing smashed into Toure, took the ball cleanly and left him in a heap. Considering Toure absolutely battered Gerrard when we played them at Eastlands that was some going by Spearing (even accounting for the fact that the previous game was part of Project Owl).