You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Cloggypop is our resident Dutch footy expert and I remember him saying Klassen ain't all that.

So yeah, he's fuckin' shite.

He's decent. Scores big goals. I think they've done well there.

Glad we've not signed him like as nobody on here can spell Klaassen and it would do my head in.

• Upvote 1

What's weird is how even the Guardian are running with the line that Moshiri - who's only a majority shareholder who won't privately fund a new stadium - is bankrolling all this, rather than the more likely scenario that Lukaku's as good as sold and they're spending first. It happened with Bale to Madrid, and us with Suarez, and each time a few fans hold on to the bizarre hope that it's actually money coming from an undiscovered pot of gold and they might hold on to their star player anyway.

They're doing good business for them, getting about the best players they could attain, but pretending to be a Poundland City is only going to disappoint them come the inevitable.

I'm more interested in who'll be in for Barkely; I hope it's Spurs as I reckon he'd destroy that midfield.

"kopites hurting tonight"

Winners of the 'Champions League poll on Everton forum' trophy 2017/2028 - Everton.

In other news, I am shocked that RiS has gone to the dark side.

My instant reaction when I read that was that it must be a Red taking the piss... Surely nobody could actually think like that... Then again...

Only the Ev could tell everyone on Twitter yesterday that Dembele from Celtic and his agent were spotted at Finch Farm, when it was actually a Dutch under 18 player, Nathangelo Markelo!

The gift that keeps on giving....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Markthablue/status/876832447958323201

That takes me right back to when one of the earliest transfer gossip websites (in a story picked up by News of the World) said that Liverpool were signing Didier Baptiste - without first checking whether he actually existed in real life.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/nov/24/newsstory.sport3

A short while later, the same website revealed that Liverpool were signing Luis Enrique, because he had been spotted at one of our ressies games.  Actually, it turns out it was Louis Emerick who was spotted at he game - and we weren't about to sign Mick from Brookie!

That takes me right back to when one of the earliest transfer gossip websites (in a story picked up by News of the World) said that Liverpool were signing Didier Baptiste - without first checking whether he actually existed in real life.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/nov/24/newsstory.sport3

A short while later, the same website revealed that Liverpool were signing Luis Enrique, because he had been spotted at one of our ressies games.  Actually, it turns out it was Louis Emerick who was spotted at he game - and we weren't about to sign Mick from Brookie!

Fuckin David Moores, if we'd signed Mick from Brookie we'd be on number 25 by now.

• Upvote 2

Bitter "Haha, yeah, we signed someone and you haven't, yeah, get in!! In your face, we are great, you're not because we purchased a player or two when you're still trying to sign people"

Liverpool get their signings done

Bitter "Not interested, you're obsessed with us mate, we're going to have a massive stadium by the docks, by the fucking docks! Not some nailed on extension"

• Upvote 4