You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Sorry mate, I sounded a bit abrupt there, I know that something that was in the epilogue of book 3 was left out of last night's episode as it has pissed off a few book readers I know as they were expecting it to be in last night's show. I believe it is a bit of a game changer and I have no wish to know what this is before I watch it in series 5 or read the books myself.

There has been an epilogue missed out of book 3 BUT one part of the story has already caught up to book 5 and weve seen a glimpse of stuff that I suspect we will see in future publications!!!

I suspect the next season we will see a lot of stuff that even those who have read the books (upto Dance With Dragons) wont know about

As I said I originally thought that when you first took the gold.  I still live in hope that the Hound lives, somehow.

Wouldn't be surprised.  A grudge match against the Mountain would be a very tempting morsel for the author to turn down.

Valar Morghulis...

Yeah, Jaqen H'Gar, the first one was brilliantly portrayed. Hopefully we'll see him again.

I have a theory about that bloke. Now I've only read the first 2 books. However in the book he reveals that he knows Arya's true identity, he calls Arya of House Stark  just before he gives her the coin in season 2. He is also from Bravos. Who was the only bloke from Bravos who she knew before it all went pear shaped for the Starks at Kings Landing? Her "dancing" master. Who's death or head we never see. Could they be one and the same. Is he waiting for her at Bravos?

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I have a theory about that bloke. Now I've only read the first 2 books. However in the book he reveals that he knows Arya's true identity, he calls Arya of House Stark just before he gives her the coin in season 2. He is also from Bravos. Who was the only bloke from Bravos who she knew before it all went pear shaped for the Starks at Kings Landing? Her "dancing" master. Who's death or head we never see. Could they be one and the same. Is he waiting for her at Bravos?

Syrio Forel. I'm hoping he's not dead. He was cool as fuck.

I have a theory about that bloke. Now I've only read the first 2 books. However in the book he reveals that he knows Arya's true identity, he calls Arya of House Stark  just before he gives her the coin in season 2. He is also from Bravos. Who was the only bloke from Bravos who she knew before it all went pear shaped for the Starks at Kings Landing? Her "dancing" master. Who's death or head we never see. Could they be one and the same. Is he waiting for her at Bravos?

He was recruited by Yoren who knows who Arya is. As Yoren protected Arya from witnessing Ned's beheading and was taking her back to Winterfell.

..Spoiler

Equally stupid. Cavalry lose all their advantages in tight areas. It's lucky that the wildlings were taken by surprise and are not a well drilled fighting force used to facing men on horseback. Even still you would expect Stannis to take a high number of casualties.

It was quite lightly wooded though to be fair. It was more like a tree line, the aerial shot showed the riders going in from both sides and there looked to be only a few hundred meters of woods. I imagine Stannis knew they were undisciplined fighters with no concept of defending against mounted troops. The surprise factor and the need to cover that much frozen ground at speed probably offset the disadvantages. Let's not doubt Stannis.

I'm a massive fan of Stannis, after all he is the only claimant to the throne with an actual legal claim.

The thing in the show is they have made him more stubborn and lacking any sort of sense unless Davos is by his side. In the books he is smart, straight talking with a strong sense of harsh but fair justice.

I can't wait to see more of him next season.

There's supposed to be a zone next to the Wall which the Night Watch have kept clear of trees for centuries so I expect stannis used this area to march in from the coast before ducking into the woods to launch a surprise attack. Not much choice really as most of the area is supposed to be wooded and the wildlings aren't likely to come out into the clear to face cavalry.