You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Pepe leave what the fuck do we do

Guest simon

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The questions you have to ask are: who needs a goalie, who has the money to afford him, and who is actually willing to pay it? I'd like to think that he wouldn't join the Mancs, and there are question marks over whether they currently have the money. Arsenal have the money and he might go there, but will Wenger spend that much? City have Hart and Chelsea have Cech, so I would be surprised if either of those were in for him, but of all the clubs here I would have the least qualms about selling him to City because we would get the biggest fee from them and we could potentially get Hart in part-exchange. I don't really see him leaving though, to be honest.

The questions you have to ask are: who needs a goalie, who has the money to afford him, and who is actually willing to pay it? I'd like to think that he wouldn't join the Mancs, and there are question marks over whether they currently have the money. Arsenal have the money and he might go there, but will Wenger spend that much? City have Hart and Chelsea have Cech, so I would be surprised if either of those were in for him, but of all the clubs here I would have the least qualms about selling him to City because we would get the biggest fee from them and we could potentially get Hart in part-exchange. I don't really see him leaving though, to be honest.

That was me, a few months ago, on Torres. Chelsea, Arsenal and United are all realistic destinations for him. Cech is pretty ordinary these days, Arsenal have been crying out for a top class keeper, and you'd think sooner or later Wenger will wise up, and United will be looking to replace VDS with someone top class.

another piece on pepe in the guardian tonight, he isn't even ruling out man u at this stage, if he goes there he will never be forgiven and makes torres look like a saint, if the owners don't spend in the summer and he fcuks off to arsenal then i'll understand, but a disappointing piece overall and released just before we play man u which as usual is timed to perfection for maximum unsettlement affect...........on top of that we have carra waxing lyrical in the mail about how much he loves the likes of whiskeynose, gary neville and roy keane......the so-called senior players are filling me with pride at the moment

what i would say though is let's beat man u this sunday and then at the end of the season any fcuker who isn't committed or doesn't want to be here or isn't hungry or passionate or talented enough should be told where to go, I am sick of all our nicey nicey wave the white flag behaviour, i am sick of winning the fair play league every year, i am sick of players agitating for moves or talking up kants from other clubs- that's all the hodgson way and it still seems to be permeating through a few players that should know better, fergie is an utter kant but he wins loads and i'll take that any day of the week.....the only one at the moment providing any bit of inspiration, showing any bit of backbone and pride, fighting back against media slurs and generally being worthy of the club is kenny, let's hope he gets rid of the fakers, spinners, stooges and fairweather fannies...next season you'll see a Liverpool worthy of the name

on top of that we have carra waxing lyrical in the mail about how much he loves the likes of whiskeynose, gary neville and roy keane......the so-called senior players are filling me with pride at the moment

"He [Neville] has retired but always had a great will to win and was the best right back in the Premier League. One of the best crossers of the ball in the top-flight. He's not the most popular fella with Liverpudlians - but that's football. I love the fact he loves his team so much. We've had some great battles and he was a very under-rated player."

But apparently popular with Evertonians, eh Jamie?

Nobodys bigger than LFC.

Everybodys replacable. If he`s hesistant bout staying, Comolli will bring a decent replacement in. Possibly making a bonus too.

Id like Reina to stay, hands up. But if he decides Kennys acheivment isnt goodenough for him. Off he goes. Behind the king, everybody is a second option.

The players are either bhind him backing, or not. Devotion or no devotion.

As for the goalkeeper, i say as we all say about the ex forward "Walk on" or walk alone. We have given our devotion during poor displays. Lets see the players devotion now, in Kennys Kingdome!

What's annoying about that Guardian interview, isn't so much the content as there's not much in it, but the timing, and I blame Sid Lowe for this, if you read the start its obvious the interview was given during the last international break, but is held back 3 weeks till the day before we play our biggest rivals, bad form by lowe, as you know the rags will sensationlise it by tomorrow.

Anyway I've got to the stage now that New Owners, New Manager New Era so I'll not be upset if he goes providing he tells the club asap so we can get a replacement

What's annoying about that Guardian interview, isn't so much the content as there's not much in it, but the timing, and I blame Sid Lowe for this, if you read the start its obvious the interview was given during the last international break, but is held back 3 weeks till the day before we play our biggest rivals, bad form by lowe, as you know the rags will sensationlise it by tomorrow.

Anyway I've got to the stage now that New Owners, New Manager New Era so I'll not be upset if he goes providing he tells the club asap so we can get a replacement

You mean apart from him refusing to rule out a move to the mancs? And the overall negativity?

Personally, I thought there was quite a lot in it that I really wish wasn't in it.

Anyway we can agree it's shit-stirring from Lowe and the Guardian to put it out now. Still it wasn't the best interview for Pepe to give with the window closed and him committed to us until May. Sometimes you should keep your own counsel and avoid 'sensitive' quotes for the sake of the club that employs you.

You mean apart from him refusing to rule out a move to the mancs? And the overall negativity?

Personally, I thought there was quite a lot in it that I really wish wasn't in it.

Anyway we can agree it's shit-stirring from Lowe and the Guardian to put it out now. Still it wasn't the best interview for Pepe to give with the window closed and him committed to us until May. Sometimes you should keep your own counsel and avoid 'sensitive' quotes for the sake of the club that employs you.

Sorry the united thing obviously, I actually missed that first time, like I said yesterday and I'll repeat it today, I think we should now look to replacing him by buying the best young keeper in the league and Begovic is one of them IMO we might even get rid of Jones to Stoke in the process, let Reina know he's not irreplaceable and if somebody offers the alleged £20m he can go, I personally doubt anybody will offer anything like that, and he's 5 years left on his contract.

Tomorrow the rags are gona sensationlise the United bit of that story, and Pepe may find some people aren't very happy with him fans and teammates alike, anyway he wants to go hand in request and if anybody offers the money sell him

What I was thinking about the timing. Very poor form.

Agreed.

I hope I am wrong but I think Pepe Reina will be playing his football elsewhere next season. I just hope that it isn't with a rival premiership club but the signs do not look good. I think he and Torres agreed to stay in the summer while the sale process was going on, and they both had clauses put in their contracts which enabled them to move on at a later date. The club has been sold, Torres has gone and I think Reina will follow him out the door in the summer.

Thanks Christian. Now we'll be watching our goalie and one of the best goalies in the world in a Man Utd shirt next season for a measly £20m and theres fuck all we can do about it.

Sell him last summer and the money along with Torres and the money goes off the debt, No Andy carroll no Luis Suarez, and Hicks and Gillet remain and that is a fact, which would you have prefered?

Sell him last summer and the money along with Torres and the money goes off the debt, No Andy carroll no Luis Suarez, and Hicks and Gillet remain and that is a fact, which would you have prefered?

I'd have preferred he was told he wasnt going anywhere and didnt have a fucking crap clause inserted in his contract.

I know you worship the man but he was appalling and this is another of his shocking decisions that will now see our keeper at Man Utd next season.

I'd have preferred he was told he wasnt going anywhere and didnt have a fucking crap clause inserted in his contract.

I know you worship the man but he was appalling and this is another of his shocking decisions that will now see our keeper at Man Utd next season.

Fuck off would you, if Torres and Reina bids were accepted last summer by the board were do you think the money would have went? Purslow fuck up was Hodgson, making sure we hung on to our 2 of our most valuble players by whatever means possible was a great decision, Purslow knew the money would go awol last summer, now it wont.

I could'nt give a fuck if thats where he goes and I dont believe he will anyway as theres no way Ferguson will pay that for a goalkeeper, if a player wants to go to them, it says alot about him not us.

another piece on pepe in the guardian tonight, he isn't even ruling out man u at this stage, if he goes there he will never be forgiven and makes torres look like a saint, if the owners don't spend in the summer and he fcuks off to arsenal then i'll understand, but a disappointing piece overall and released just before we play man u which as usual is timed to perfection for maximum unsettlement affect...........on top of that we have carra waxing lyrical in the mail about how much he loves the likes of whiskeynose, gary neville and roy keane......the so-called senior players are filling me with pride at the moment

what i would say though is let's beat man u this sunday and then at the end of the season any fcuker who isn't committed or doesn't want to be here or isn't hungry or passionate or talented enough should be told where to go, I am sick of all our nicey nicey wave the white flag behaviour, i am sick of winning the fair play league every year, i am sick of players agitating for moves or talking up kants from other clubs- that's all the hodgson way and it still seems to be permeating through a few players that should know better, fergie is an utter kant but he wins loads and i'll take that any day of the week.....the only one at the moment providing any bit of inspiration, showing any bit of backbone and pride, fighting back against media slurs and generally being worthy of the club is kenny, let's hope he gets rid of the fakers, spinners, stooges and fairweather fannies...next season you'll see a Liverpool worthy of the name

Carragher fucking loves Ferguson.

I think Torres and Reina both probably wanted out last summer and the club said no as they felt it would be detrimental to the sale process. As a compromise they both had get out clauses in their contracts. Now the club is sold, if Reina wants out then he will go irrespective of whether he has a get out clause or not.

Some of these players need to just SHUT THE FUCK UP and show some respect to the people who are funding their lavish fucking lifestyle. What does he think he's doing? I'm sick of this kind of shit. If he wants to go, fine, he can go - I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. But what the fuck would compel you to give an interview like that in the middle of the season, in the knowledge that the press would surely hold it back until the weekend of the manc game? Shoddy, shoddy behaviour. I'm sure he'll have his apologists on here but I'm sick of these overpaid knobheads treating the club, manager and fans with no respect.