You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Pepe leave what the fuck do we do

Guest simon

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

I dont like these sell on clauses one jot but in some instances they actually protect the club from being arse raped because a player wants to go to a crtain club and that club wont pay the asking price.

as I said, its disappointing we resorted to it but I think in the circumstances we were in, it protected us.

Protect us? Are you on fucking drugs?

If you want to protect the club, you tell the player he's not leaving this summer and that's it. You don't make him sign a new contract with a fucking get out clause in it!

The reason Torres and and Reina didn't go in the summer was because Torres and Reina agreed not to go; they could have dug their heels in and forced the issue, not because your hero is some sort of superman or his fucking daft puppet.

Who do you think you are, referring to Torres as Tor**s? You have basically credited him with saving the Club from Hicks and Gillett by not leaving, yet you're giving him the S*n treatment, you clueless dick.

I'll refer to the player who tried to fuck the club over anyway I choose, ignore button if you don't like it, and as you'll notice earlier I gave Purslow and Hodgson and Kenny with credit in keeping them, but if you want to believe which you seem to be implying that all the money would have been reinvested you believe that, don't forget to write your letter to the Easter bunny, lent starts Wednesday

Protect us? Are you on fucking drugs?

If you want to protect the club, you tell the player he's not leaving this summer and that's it. You don't make him sign a new contract with a fucking get out clause in it!

Don't be too hard on these people; they are just not very bright.

Everything you post is coloured with Benitez.

Forget Benitez and your burning dislike for him and then ask yourself how you can defend this businessman who publicly undermined the position of manager, lied to supporters, made one of the worst managerial appointments this club has ever seen and treated Kenny Dalglish like an idiot?

Spin all you like but that's the long and short of it.

Listen simple yes or no will suffice, do you believe the said players clauses put in last summer were in the clubs best intrest, yes or no will suffice, I'm up early flight to catch

Listen simple yes or no will suffice, do you believe the said players clauses put in last summer were in the clubs best intrest, yes or no will suffice, I'm up early flight to catch

Answering a question with a question.

I'll gladly answer yours.

No, allowing Kenny Dalglish more say on matters would have been in the best interests of the club.

All you've done is spin it round to the subject of these clauses.

As i've said earlier, if people want to know why Purslow rightly gets criticised then websites like KopFaithful, as well as others, have the reasons why up in black and white for all to see.

I'll refer to the player who tried to fuck the club over anyway I choose, ignore button if you don't like it, and as you'll notice earlier I gave Purslow and Hodgson and Kenny with credit in keeping them, but if you want to believe which you seem to be implying that all the money would have been reinvested you believe that, don't forget to write your letter to the Easter bunny, lent starts Wednesday

How did he fuck the Club over if by using your logic, the fact the he chose not to leave in the summer helped the Club to be rid of Hicks and Gillett? The main thrust of your argument is that getting rid of Hicks and Gillett is the most important thing and everything else pales into insignificance, so again, using your logic, doesn't Torres' contribution in helping get rid of Hicks and Gillett far outweigh his subsequent transfer?

And no, you thick idiot, I'm not implying anything of the sort in regards to the eventual destination of transfer receipts. Hicks and Gillett had basically ceded control of the Club though the agreement they had signed with RBS. I have no idea what would have happened if Torres and Reina had left in the summer, and neither do you.

If Pepe leaves, it will because of his own personal choice. Put the sell on clause to one side for a second, as it clouds the issue.

I don't want a player playing for our club who doesn't want to be here. Particularly not if he wants to join the fucking Mancs.

How did he fuck the Club over if by using your logic, the fact the he chose not to leave in the summer helped the Club to be rid of Hicks and Gillett? The main thrust of your argument is that getting rid of Hicks and Gillett is the most important thing and everything else pales into insignificance, so again, using your logic, doesn't Torres' contribution in helping get rid of Hicks and Gillett far outweigh his subsequent transfer?

And no, you thick idiot, I'm not implying anything of the sort in regards to the eventual destination of transfer receipts. Hicks and Gillett had basically ceded control of the Club though the agreement they had signed with RBS. I have no idea what would have happened if Torres and Reina had left in the summer, and neither do you.

"Thick Idiot" ha ha I suppose it could be worse. I'd be pretty bloody confident Hodgson or whoever was in charge wouldn't have got the £70m, previous windows not show us anything?

Also yes I suppose you may be kinda correct in your Torres(ok) theory, bit IMO it was bad form the timing of his request in January and he knew it would put pressure on us, alot more than had it been in the first week of January and it left a sour taste, but yes you are correct nothing in comparison to the reasons why we say the S*n

"Thick Idiot" ha ha I suppose it could be worse. I'd be pretty bloody confident Hodgson or whoever was in charge wouldn't have got the £70m, previous windows not show us anything?

That doesn't guarantee that Hicks and Gillett would still be in control. And well done for avoiding the point I made about Torres.

Also yes I suppose you may be kinda correct in your Torres(ok) theory, bit IMO it was bad form the timing of his request in January and he knew it would put pressure on us, alot more than had it been in the first week of January and it left a sour taste, but yes you are correct nothing in comparison to the reasons why we say the S*n

Didn't it turn out OK in the end, though? We got rid of a sulky nark that had been in and out of form for over a year and blighted with injury problems for £50 mil, and replaced him with a young up and coming talent for a profit of £15 mil. It was a close shave at the end, but it all worked out. And hey, by not leaving in the summer he did a hell of a lot to oust Hicks and Gillett. Isn't that the sort of attitude to have instead of your agenda-ridden bitter bollocks? Unless you think we got totally mugged in the deal.

I suppose all threads tend to drift but this one has just passed neptune and is now occupied by fuckin spaceman.

If the keeper wishes to leave then get the cash for him and spend it on Lloris who is better than pepe anyway. No big deal

Didn't it turn out OK in the end, though? We got rid of a sulky nark that had been in and out of form for over a year and blighted with injury problems for £50 mil, and replaced him with a young up and coming talent for a profit of £15 mil. It was a close shave at the end, but it all worked out. And hey, by not leaving in the summer he did a hell of a lot to oust Hicks and Gillett. Isn't that the sort of attitude to have instead of your agenda-ridden bitter bollocks? Unless you think we got totally mugged in the deal.

I've absolutly no idea what the fuck any of that post is about, didn't what turn out ok?

What was a close shave!

And what fuckin agenda do I have?

Or maybe your of the opinion Torres was the victim as some seem to think, I actually don't now what your implying either way.

For what it's worth I think we got a great deal for torres and had there been no clause we wouldn't have got anything like £50m, so guess we better thank those who were responsible for inserting it eh?

If you don't like my opinion on that I really couldn't give a fuck, that's it and it won't be changing

I've absolutly no idea what the fuck any of that post is about, didn't what turn out ok?

What was a close shave!

And what fuckin agenda do I have?

Or maybe your of the opinion Torres was the victim as some seem to think, I actually don't now what your implying either way.

For what it's worth I think we got a great deal for torres and had there been no clause we wouldn't have got anything like £50m, so guess we better thank those who were responsible for inserting it eh?

If you don't like my opinion on that I really couldn't give a fuck, that's it and it won't be changing

You're just thick. Keep on trucking Rubber Duck.

Slow down there chief , Listen if Tor**s and Reina bids for £70m had been accepted last summer, H&G would be still here and the players wouldn't have been replaced, if there's one person on this forum who thinks different then there a complete and utter idiot.

The fact that Purslow/Hodgson/Kenny did whatever they could even of it ment putting clauses in contracts protected the club, and helped the sale process, and ment the money wouldn't pay 2 years intrest and give Hicks more time for refinance.

I'm glad they took the actions they did, if people want to get annoyed, think what would have happened if Purslow had accepted bids last summer, guess that doesn't suit some peoples agenda.

And I'm speaking for myself not Kop faithful here although I'm confident most rational fans see the big picture, which was getting the club sold

Why not just say, ''you aren't leaving, any transfer request will be rejected?''

If he decides to go we replace him.

Happened with Clemence and we did ok in the GK stakes then.

Even happened when Keegan left and we replaced him with some Scottish bloke from Celtic.

Our success rate with goalkeepers in the recent past is probably a more realistic expectation.

Our success rate with goalkeepers in the recent past is probably a more realistic expectation.

We've never been in a position before where we can pay almost anything we need to to replace him so we wont go far wrong.

Would obviously prefer him not to go but has anybody else noted how poor he's become recently at dealing with crosses?

Cue the Dracula jokes.