You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sly conniving cunt of the highest order,

the Cunt would have been hooked the day NESV bought us only the had to keep him as a insurance in case the court case went in Hicks and Gillett's favour.

The cunt done what HIS MASTERS paid him to do,

GET THE BANKS THERE MONEY BACK!!!!

Fanatical Red,

my arse, you poisonous little prick!!

Shurrup yer wool

the Cunt would have been hooked the day NESV bought us only the had to keep him as a insurance in case the court case went in Hicks and Gillett's favour.

Fanatical Red,

6 lines and not once did he mention Purslow by name, of course he forgot to start the post of with "Ye silly twat", but top ranting nontheless.

Fanatical Red,

Durango might be a divvy who was spoon fed Small Pox as a child by his Ma because they couldn't afford Ready Brek, but he makes me chortle endlessly.

This is great news! It's significant that he has NO ongoing role at the club. FSC owe him a small debt but it's now been repaid. This man was a mere hack for H & G. He committed the unforgiveable when he inserted himself into the football side of LFC. He undermined Rafa, he sanctioned poor recruitment at extravagant cost, he changed service providers, he changed the medical team, and he brought in Hodgson - a manager who would do his bidding.

At the end of the day he will be remembered as a man who turned on his bosses, and then did the right thing only when he could see no alternative. Good riddance. Save the plaudits for our Red Knight - Sir Martin Broughton

Sorry but thats nonsense. People have every right to call Purlsow every name under the sun.

Why? No arguments He appointed hodgson which was a total Fuck up as Kenny was available.

Purslow along with Broughton and Ayre saved this club, backed up by the fans that fought against H&G, I for one thank the man for that, as we can all just go back to supporting the team slagging off players etc rather than worry about administration and bankruptcy.

Why? No arguments He appointed hodgson which was a total Fuck up as Kenny was available.

Purslow along with Broughton and Ayre saved this club, backed up by the fans that fought against H&G, I for one thank the man for that, as we can all just go back to supporting the team slagging off players etc rather than worry about administration and bankruptcy.

Yes lets completely forget that he tried to play football manager which was confirmed by Benitez and Hodsgon. Lets also forget he was undermining our previous manager before hodgson by providing snippets here and there to Maddock. There is a reason only a minority of fans really respect Purslow.

And what about before hand when we still have Statler and Waldorf in charge, and his regular lies about how much money had been available for the manager of the time to spend? Denying that money received for players sold had disappeared into the owners pockets while trying to claim we had a net spend of +£20m?

And out of all the politicians we ended up having at the club (yes, I include Benitez in that) which one was off briefing the press all the time more then any of them? Oh, I wonder. Where did all this behind the scenes stuff come from about the evil emperor Benitez? I wonder. And didn’t we have yet another leak only a few weeks ago from a “high up, well placed Liverpool fan at Anfield” spouting off and dragging our dirty linen through the press yet again? Wonder who that was, and I wonder if it cost him his job finally. Benitez was off briefing the press also and was wring to do that, but all the back stabbing mud slinging shite against the manager was disgusting, but where oh where was it coming from? I just wonder…..

And then the list to Hodgson of players he should get rid of??? Fuck me. If any other CEO of any other club did that they would be universally criticised by every single fan of the club. Not at the land of the fan-split though. Nope, it never gets mentioned. I wonder how many times Purslow whispered in Broughtons ear that maybe he should take over the management of the team? He clearly knew more then the manager he appointed seen as he felt he had to give him a list of footballing fixes.

I suppose he helped out Broughton in a small way with getting rid of the owners though. You know, made him tea and coffee when required, etc.

Not sorry to see the back of this fucking snake.

As StevieH says, that's the last of the old guard weeded out and gone. If only I could believe there won't be more leaks coming out though.

"And didn't we have yet another leak only a few weeks ago from a "high up, well placed Liverpool fan at Anfield" spouting off and dragging our dirty linen through the press yet again? Wonder who that was, and I wonder if it cost him his job finally."

Johnny i'm surprised your believing this unnamed source source crap, steve is right it's a clean slate now, but I for one will never forget or fail to thank purslow for his part in saving the club.

Alan is correct to many people in the media lost there sources at the club and ain't ever getting one back and are very bitter about it.

In the last few months we heard Purslow wanted Cole over Chamach which was lies,Chamach signed a pre contract with Arsenal in March amd only ever wanted them, then we had Purslow wanted Cole over VDV more lies.

Anyway we move on

"And didn't we have yet another leak only a few weeks ago from a "high up, well placed Liverpool fan at Anfield" spouting off and dragging our dirty linen through the press yet again? Wonder who that was, and I wonder if it cost him his job finally."

Johnny i'm surprised your believing this unnamed source source crap, steve is right it's a clean slate now, but I for one will never forget or fail to thank purslow for his part in saving the club.

Alan is correct to many people in the media lost there sources at the club and ain't ever getting one back and are very bitter about it.

In the last few months we heard Purslow wanted Cole over Chamach which was lies,Chamach signed a pre contract with Arsenal in March amd only ever wanted them, then we had Purslow wanted Cole over VDV more lies.

Anyway we move on

So you don't believe that a load of back handed press briefings have been going on?

So you don't believe that a load of back handed press briefings have been going on?

Didn't say that, there was no doubt Purslow may have been friendly with certain journalists as I'm sure most clubs MD/ CEO have, but to say he was worst than Benitez is crazy, Benitez is still doing it now.

Benitez was leaking to the Times lot when he was at the club, you know the ones who tried to help a conman buy the club, while Purslow seemed to have been accused of telling Maddock everything, now I can assure you this wasn't the case, no doubt Maddock was friendly but he was not on the end of the phone every day, Bascombe another one was accused if it, The 2 of them get stiched up by SOS, despite them been the 2 journos who done the most last year to oust H&G.

I don't get the vile hatred towards the man, he had his faults we all do, but when it came to the crunch he was 1 of the 3 who saved the club, as I said now we move on.

People can have a pop all they like at purslow. Like paddy says he saved the club and stood up to the people who tried to kill it. But lets get one thing straight purslow is hated because he sacked rafa yet it was a unanimous decision by the board. Broughton was on that flag along with purslow hicks and gillett. Yet ian ayre was not. I wonder why?

Probably something to do with an Alien cover-up. Or the Bilderberg group.

Didn't say that, there was no doubt Purslow may have been friendly with certain journalists as I'm sure most clubs MD/ CEO have, but to say he was worst than Benitez is crazy, Benitez is still doing it now.

Benitez was leaking to the Times lot when he was at the club, you know the ones who tried to help a conman buy the club, while Purslow seemed to have been accused of telling Maddock everything, now I can assure you this wasn't the case, no doubt Maddock was friendly but he was not on the end of the phone every day, Bascombe another one was accused if it, The 2 of them get stiched up by SOS, despite them been the 2 journos who done the most last year to oust H&G.I don't get the vile hatred towards the man, he had his faults we all do, but when it came to the crunch he was 1 of the 3 who saved the club, as I said now we move on.

I'm not the greatest fan of SoS, but their 'stiching up' might have had something to do with the fact that those two only really switched their attention to slating G+H once Rafa had walked. Before then they were quite happy to cut the owners some slack.

To state those two did more than most last year is bollocks, quite frankly, considering Tony Barrett has been writing articles exposing the owners since his Echo days.

Benitez was leaking to the Times lot when he was at the club, you know the ones who tried to help a conman buy the club, while Purslow seemed to have been accused of telling Maddock everything, now I can assure you this wasn't the case, no doubt Maddock was friendly but he was not on the end of the phone every day, Bascombe another one was accused if it, The 2 of them get stiched up by SOS, despite them been the 2 journos who done the most last year to oust H&G.

I don't get the vile hatred towards the man, he had his faults we all do, but when it came to the crunch he was 1 of the 3 who saved the club, as I said now we move on.

I don't agree that the two journos you name done the most to get rid of them. Not at all. I'd have the likes of Reade and a few more certainly well ahead of Bascombe. I think once Rafa was moved on, then some were able to concentrate their anger a bit better

You say Benitez is still doing it now, yet there is virtually nothing coming out anymore, except for the odd little snippet against the former manager, by.....well. I think most of us know. Benitez been interviewed by the BBC is now the new "Leak".

There is plenty of fans spreading nonsense from all sides which is taken as former managers or CEOs briefing the press, and I think until these people, more then anyone else, just shut up, we are destined to never move on. Maybe they need to stop listening to former managers or former CEOs and their agendas

EDIT - I probably should add that the reason I believe the "unnamed source crap" is because it was going on all the time. The names weren't need as it was painfully obvious who it was that was dragging our name through the mudd.

To say that people hate Purslow just because he was involved in sacking Benitez is nonsense. Granted, I thought it was foolish that a board of directors with no background in football were making decisions on the manager, but I didn't hate him for that. I hated him for the constant lies about net spend, signing players over the manager's head(Joe Cole on 120k a week is working out really well), making suggestions as to who the manager ought to sell, appointing a manager based on media hype, and generally acting well above his remit to the significant detriment of the club.

There is one act and one act alone that gives the Purslow tale a redemptive twist, and that was when he voted against the owners. But even that was in his own best interests.

Apart from that, there is absolutely no reason to have liked Purslow and he ought to have been pilloried and chastised for his role in the club up until that point. There is actually, in contradiction to what you say, only one reason why people supported Purslow: because he sacked Benitez. If people think that was a good decision it's a matter of opinion. But apart from that and voting against the owners - which, again, was in his own best interests - he did the square root of fuck all for the club. Far more harm than good.

Very glad to see the back of him. Epitome of the 'sleazy businessman' prototype.

He made some bad decisions, but his time here especially during the Post Benitez era was just bizarre.

First off he made a bad decision in bringing in Hodgson, but what has been written about him as been a bunch of half truths.

Mural Ripping for one, and his initial concerns over the Henry bid.

Anyway, he fought the good fight. Nice one lad.

I appreciate and understand what others say, but I actually don't really hold Purslow responsible for the sacking of Benitez.

Benitez became a political animal like so many others and it was probably right he left in the end, (however, he should have only left for a better manager, not the clown that was appointed) The final decision was made by Broughton, who didn't like Rafa either. Broughton is also far too clever to listen and solely form an opinion on Purslow in his ear briefing him against Rafa all the time. Broughton met with Rafa quite a few times, and made his decision after that. I also think it would be very interesting to hear what Broughton's views were on Purslow in private.

Under normal proper ownership then I feel things would have been very different and the once great manager we had would not have become the shell of a man he became, but that’s all history now.