You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest ShoePiss
GSO executive Michael Whitman confirmed to ATK on the telephone that it was fan pressure that caused them to pull the plug on the refinancing deal with Hicks after the email campaign crashed their server.

Of course, it had nothing to do with economics.

THEY WERE NOT GOOD FOR THE LOAN.

Ignore the above, kopfaithful saved Liverpool Football Club.

China Buys Liverpool.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, it had nothing to do with economics.

THEY WERE NOT GOOD FOR THE LOAN.

Ignore the above, kopfaithful saved Liverpool Football Club.

China Buys Liverpool.

Why was there a meeting at Blackstone's HQ with LFC directors if there was no possibility of a refinancing deal?

Thanks for the feedback Graham,

He was the one who - with Broughton- persuaded torres to stay. That meant we got £50m for him in Jan when his worth last summer (due to injuries and a crap world cup) would have been half that. He also was in charge when we got the captain to stay. He managed to get a whole load of shite out of the club on loan or permanent deals. He and the rest of the board shelved out 500k on raheem sterling, plus also picked up shelvey and wilson. Remarkably, he gets blamed for Konchesky and poulsen. If he had stopped those deals, his critics would have gone mad about him interfering with what the manager wants.

Chelsea had verbally offered £50 million in the summer for Torres last summer and City were in the hunt too. So to say we got £50 million for him january because of Purslow does not make logical sense.

Wilson and Shelvey deals were set up by Hodgson's predecessor, no?

what?

I've sent you a PM.

Just to clarify, Kop Faithful didn't save LFC and we have certainly never claimed that we did!

Every supporter that sent an email, attended a demonstration or boycotted merchandise or games contributed towards the downfall of Hicks and Gillett. The key player was Martin Broughton as far as I am concerned and I will be eternally grateful for his involvement.

Guest ShoePiss
I've sent you a PM.

Just to clarify, Kop Faithful didn't save LFC and we have certainly never claimed that we did!

Every supporter that sent an email, attended a demonstration or boycotted merchandise or games contributed towards the downfall of Hicks and Gillett. The key player was Martin Broughton as far as I am concerned and I will be eternally grateful for his involvement.

Already responded Stevie, you'll see where I get that idea.

I've sent you a PM.

Lads. if you've gone to PM then you'll know that you get a big message on your screen telling you have a PM. Continuing to come on here to tell each other you've sent a PM is just going to make people think that groups like Kopfaithfull have things to hide.

I'd suggest you keep any such conversation about PMs and the sending of them to yourselves.

I can't speak for ATK, but I very much doubt that he is crediting Kop Faithful with the downfall of Hicks and Gillett. If he is on the forum later hopefully he can clarify.

My interpretation of Kop Faithful was that it was everyone. It started out as half of dozen lads from the Liverpool Way forum and it developed from there. The RAWK and SaveLFC lads were all copied in on the emails that we bounced about along with Mike Jefferies and many many others. We would send hundreds of emails each week to one another with various ideas.

Guest ShoePiss
I can't speak for ATK, but I very much doubt that he is crediting Kop Faithful with the downfall of Hicks and Gillett. If he is on the forum later hopefully he can clarify.

My interpretation of Kop Faithful was that it was everyone. It started out as half of dozen lads from the Liverpool Way forum and it developed from there. The RAWK and SaveLFC lads were all copied in on the emails that we bounced about along with Mike Jefferies and many many others. We would send hundreds of emails each week to one another with various ideas.

That's exactly what ATK is saying, it's in this thread.

Guest ShoePiss
Lads. if you've gone to PM then you'll know that you get a big message on your screen telling you have a PM. Continuing to come on here to tell each other you've sent a PM is just going to make people think that groups like Kopfaithfull have things to hide.

I'd suggest you keep any such conversation about PMs and the sending of them to yourselves.

Sorry, he keeps sending me pm's and then responding on the thread. I've no idea why.

This is all a bit confusing from what I understood Stevie H and Atk are memebers of Kop Faithful. On the Kop Faithful website there are several quotes involving Purslow acting like he is tit he is The Kop Faithful - No to RBS refinance - Liverpool FC.

Ironically some of those quotes are obtained from the meetings with SOS yet we are expected to treat Purslow like some sort of martyr. Whilst hearing members of Kop Faithful chucking mud at a committee member who is doing his best to act in a transparent manner.

It is quite sad, as an impartial observer it makes some of the Kop Faithful guys come across as bitter, after all their hard work like SOS I know this is far from the truth.

That's exactly what ATK is saying, it's in this thread.

Do you really believe that all the fans groups had nothing to do with Blackstone refusing to finance hicks seriously do you really believe it wasn't 1 of the main reasons, Hicks saying the Internet Terrorists were part of the reason was a fiction of our imagination was it?

Guest ShoePiss
But there is no Kop Faithful.

Kop Faithful was everyone. ALL fans.

ATK is saying that kop faithful is directly responsible for removing h & g and saving LFC. I'm glad you agree that what he is saying is incorrect.

Guest ShoePiss
Do you really believe that all the fans groups had nothing to do with Blackstone refusing to finance hicks seriously do you really believe it wasn't 1 of the main reasons, Hicks saying the Internet Terrorists were part of the reason was a fiction of our imagination was it?

I think a hell of a lot of things played a part and the emails we all sent contributed.

I do really believe it wasn't the main reason, yes.

Guest ShoePiss
It also worth mentioning the great work SteveH & Bascombe did with the email from Hicks' son, printed in great detail in NOtW. That was, for me, the beginning of the end for H&G.

The way that whole thing played out really pulled a lot of heads out of the sand, people who for whatever mongy reason suddenly realised that the owners were a gang of twats.

It was a horrendous own goal that was taken advantage of perfectly.

ATK is saying that kop faithful is directly responsible for removing h & g and saving LFC. I'm glad you agree that what he is saying is incorrect.

Kop Faithful is the fans. There were no members.

Substitute the word 'Kop Faithful' for 'fans'.

When ATK met John W Henry and Tom Werner they told him that it was the fans that helped FSG acquire the club. Not SaveLFC, Kop Faithful or SOS, but the fans.

And go back to 2007 when Bascombe first joined the paper, wasn't the first few stories he did:

1) H&G putting the debt against the club and breaking their promise,

2) fall out between H&G over stadium (described as "utter rubbish by Parry in the Echo the following day)

3) their plan to sack rafa.

I really can't be arsed going back to the relevant threads from then, but I wouldn't be surprised if the lad was slagged off to death over his work for "that rag".

And go back to 2007 when Bascombe first joined the paper, wasn't the first few stories he did:

1) H&G putting the debt against the club and breaking their promise,

2) fall out between H&G over stadium (described as "utter rubbish by Parry in the Echo the following day)

3) their plan to sack rafa.

I really can't be arsed going back to the relevant threads from then, but I wouldn't be surprised if the lad was slagged off to death over his work for "that rag".

I think I am right in saying that Chris was banned from the H&G press conference when they first acquired the club.

johnny you say bascombe done fuck all. Well let me tell you it was him who gave kopfaithful all the information on the blackstone gso group that and that alone stopped hicks from refinancing. Because if the emails were not sent then blackstone would have gave hicks the money. That is a fact yet tony barrett wanted to credit kenny fucking haung for stopping blakstone. They are the fucking facts.

That is complete and utter bullshit. If I wanted to credit someone I would have done so. What I did point out verbally in a private conversation (that has clearly relayed to you inaccurately) was that one of the investors in Blankstone was CIC and that in itself made me wary of the whole thing. The more I looked into it the more I viewed things differently and I sent Dave U a text message holding my hands up and admitting that my initial vague suspicion had been wrong. I was also the one who put Brian Reade in touch with Stevie H and Dougie Doins to ensure that the role they and countless others played in unseating Hicks and Gillett was recorded in his forthcoming book.

I had zero dealings with Kenny Huang. Zero. So why I would seek to give credit to someone whom I'd never met, spoken to or dealt with in any way, shape of form is beyond me.

Surely now though, the time has come for the blame game to stop and the scab picking exercise that has stopped the club's wounds from healing to come to an end?

Purslow has gone. Benitez has gone. Torres has gone. Hodgson has gone. Hicks and Gillett have gone. Kenny Huang isn't here.

The sources of division no longer have any involvement at the club and nor do they have any influence. Focus on the people who are here now who can make a difference because there is far more to unite us than divide us.

Edited by rome 84

That is complete and utter bullshit. If I wanted to credit someone I would have done so. What I did point out was that one of the investors in Blankstone was CIC and that in itself made me wary of the whole thing. The more I looked into it the more I viewed things differently and I sent Dave U a text message holding my hands up and admitting that my initial vague suspicion had been wrong. I was also the one who put Brian Reade in touch with Stevie H and Dougie Doins to ensure that the role they and countless others played in unseating Hicks and Gillett was recorded in his forthcoming book.

I had zero dealings with Kenny Huang. Zero. So why I would seek to give credit to someone whom I'd never met, spoken to or dealt with in any way, shape of form is beyond me.

Surely now though, the time has come for the blame game to stop and the scab picking exercise that has stopped the club's wounds from healing to come to an end?

Purslow has gone. Benitez has gone. Torres has gone. Hodgson has gone. Hicks and Gillett have gone. Kenny Huang isn't here.

The sources of division no longer have any involvement at the club and nor do they have any influence. Focus on the people who are here now who can make a difference because there is far more to unite us than divide us.

Hear hear.

It is a fresh start. Onwards and upwards.