You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Liverpool wants to hire Fabio Coentrao and is willing to proceed with 22 million euros. The Reds still want to include in the business the Argentine left-back Emiliano Insua, who is on loan to the Turkish Galatasaray

This is where it all will break down I guess, unless Benficalower their asking price to 16M if they can avoid getting Insua.

I can see the Blueshite signing David Vaughan and Jay Bothroyd. Wouldn't be bad signings for them either, to be fair.

I'd still like us to sign Adam to be honest, and it seems like it will be either him or McCarthy.

I can't see why people still want adam. It baffles me. All he seems to have is a good passing range and set piece delivery. We need a much more complete player dictating play from CM.

His set piece delivery alone could be worth an extra 8-10 points a season to us, in my opinion.

Yea but he doesn't seem to cover much ground, his tackling looks poor, he seems to shy away from tackles a bit like raul, and doesn't have the same positional sense of a great cm. Are you all looking at him as a potential squad player? Or first teamer? If the latter, who will partner him as cm? Gerrard? Relying on Adam to track back and tackle when Stevie gets forward?

I just don't see it tbh.

If we dropped lucas, how many points would we drop from missing lucas's energy, tackling relentlessly?

Well, it's very difficult to predict how we're going to line up next season if we buy a new left winger (or two) and a new central midfielder. We already have about five central midfielders, so something's got to give. Say we buy Mata and Adam, for example. How do we then line up? If it's effectively a 4-4-2 then that only leaves room for Gerrard and one more in the centre. If it's a kind of 4-3-3 then a left winger isn't really what we need as Suarez would have to play that role, with maybe Adam, Lucas and Gerrard in the centre. Or do we drop Dirk and play Suarez on the right side and someone like Mata on the left? That looks the strongest option on paper to me, but the point is that it's all speculation, and the people shouting for us to sign all these players don't seem to be taking into account how the fuck we're going to fit them all into the team.

All I know is if people think we'll be alright with say Gerrard and Adam as 2 central midfielders in a 4-4-2, then think again.

I couldn't give a monkeys who it is, be it Lucas or someone new, but we need a Defensive Midfielder. Adam and Gerrard in a 4-4-2 would see us overrun in a lot of games.

A 4-3-3 in my opinion is perfect, 1 holding/defensive midfielder and 2 more advanced.

Code72, did you realy had to neg me because i said Lucas is a Beast? Come on, his a Liverpool player, we should support him as one! Ok ok i get it, its just a opinion, but some fans underastimate him too much, but still, every match he gives his best with out complaining! I'd say we need more players like him!

Just a bit of information for you. In the minds of those such as our Mr Code, players like Lucas have come to represent the footballing ideology of a certain ex-Liverpool manager. Everything that was wrong about this ex-manager is captured in microcosm by players like Lucas, because, it's fair to say, this ex-manager is close to being our Mr Code's least favourite person in all of history. Therefore, these players now bear the brunt by proxy.