You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mascherano... you fucking gobshite.

Fugitive

Its the way torres said he was a man of his word and that he would see out his contract only 2 months ago and we believing it ,then hands in his transfer request that is why we as a whole are angry. masch wanted out for 12 months and i dont think there was near as much anger with him but he should keep his mouth shut now

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sort of comment is nonsense. We didn't sign him because we were helping him out or doing a bit of charity work; we signed him because it was in our own best interests to add a world class player to the side, to win football matches.

He did his best for the club for 99.9% of the time here and then didn't want to get fucked over on an agreement that he could leave to go and play somewhere else.

If you want to have a pop at players for not respecting contracts that they sign then I have no issue with that but then at least have the decency to be consistent. If we had the search facility up and running (Usher's laziness is clearly the issue there, again!) we could do a search for Jovanovic and take a sample of how much respect people have for contracts. I'm sure we wouldn't find post after post that called him a cunt for not wanting to go and play in the Romanian 3rd division when an offer comes in (because he's a dirty mercenary picking up a big wage).

If you couldn't give a fuck about contracts when trying to shift the shit you don't want, and when trying to buy player you do from other clubs, then don't expect to be taken seriously when you bitch about a player not respecting his. The club will happily fuck with a player in a number of different ways to get rid of him but if a player does it then it's an outrage.

I will not tolerate Torres sulking for months on end, I have no great issue with Mascherano forcing a move he was promised by missing a single game, we'd happily have dropped him from a squad if it were in our interest.

Not a direct attack on you Lance, your post was just a good leaping off point.

I understand where you are coming from Stu, he wasnt even getting regular starts at West Ham. He is undoubtably a excellent footballer but we put him in a team, and a position to excell. Judging by whats gone on since, Liverpool were merely a shop window for him to get a move. Thats fair enough, but we as fans expect rightly or wrongly at bit of loyalty and in Masch's case a little bit of pay back for what we provided for him.

Whilst his behaviour was professional 99.9% of the time, he didnt show much loyalty when the carrot was dangled in front of him. Torres behaviour was completely different however, totally unprofessional to step onto the pitch and give one half arsed performance after another.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Had we known what we know now, then Torres' performances wouldn't have been tolerated at all. But we all thought it was Hodgson, the yanks, the court case, Rafa leaving, the injuries...take your pick.

Turns out he was just a horrible little boy who was happy to watch us go through hell and negotiate his way out of the club behind the scenes.

Rafa had the right idea, the players are tools and we have to take emotions out of the equation when thinking about the best thing for the club. These fuckers don't deserve an arm around the shoulder, if they want that then they can get their missus to do it or hire a hooker, either way, not our problem.

This is why i love xabi. xabi understands the liverpool way. mascherano, and more likely his agent, understands "the club wanting them" to be a continuous pay rise when things go well and a swift "i signed a contract and i'm sticking to it" when he's shit.

player power, learn to love it.

i will just say i will cry a river if pepe decides to leave before its his time and by his time i mean 10 years from now, minimum.

on a further note, watch the Torres PR drive go into overdrive over the next few days.

......he still loves the club....

...he had to leave to fulfill his ambition....

...hope that people will see in time why he had to go....

Watch out for the bull shit coming your way soon.

they are gone lets for get about them being bitter about comments made by ex players that only say these things to grab abit of limelight or get this sort of reaction aint worth the time of day

he is just being a grade 1 twat that is letting off steam because he went to barca thinking he would be the main man....sadly not the case

like i said to a mate and fellow fan the other day when we lost rush barnes aldo beardsley fowler owen etc alot asked how are we going to replace them......simple we are liverpool we always find the right player with the right quality in the end to do the job

so what if torres scores against us at the weekend its going to happen sooner or later but if i remember correctly i dont think any ex player of ours has a great scoring record after leaving liverpool ?

That's because many fans had a scapegoat for his leaving.

Anyway, we need to pipe down our bitterness toward former players. There is no need to take it so personal.

We had great players in the past who left the best team in the world for money, these days they leave for the medals. Even Barnes and Terry Mac wanted to jump ship in their peak years, the opportunity never arose.

I understand where you are coming from Stu, he wasnt even getting regular starts at West Ham. He is undoubtably a excellent footballer but we put him in a team, and a position to excell. Judging by whats gone on since, Liverpool were merely a shop window for him to get a move. Thats fair enough, but we as fans expect rightly or wrongly at bit of loyalty and in Masch's case a little bit of pay back for what we provided for him.

Whilst his behaviour was professional 99.9% of the time, he didnt show much loyalty when the carrot was dangled in front of him. Torres behaviour was completely different however, totally unprofessional to step onto the pitch and give one half arsed performance after another.

I agree with the sentiment of the position to excell. The cdm role next to Xabi and Gerrard playing in front of them was perfect for Mascherano, the role complimented him no end. I also thought a switch to Spanish footie, despite being Argie and the cultural benefits, was a bad choice. Barca play with around 70% ball possession, but Mascherano's game is all about getting the ball back.

I think he's an English player, and while the premier league is far too soft now, it allows a player like Mascherano to still get stuck in. Because we're less technical the balls faster/bobblier in the middle, allowing for players to get stuck in. I reckon he'll be back in England (despite his whinging wife) and I don't look forward to playing against him.

Jesus, take a step back and listen to yourselves. Anyone reading this would consider the Liverpool support to be amongst the most back-stabbing, ungrateful sods in the footballing world.

Look, some ex-players DO deserve some stick (err, "AIDS" to him and his wife? What the fuck? Retarded gimps!)

But I'm seeing an increasing trend of just calling nearly everyone who has left us a "cunt", etc, etc. Its gotten way out of hand.

I didn't like the manner of his departure, but the fact that the club was still owned by 2 thieves at the time does cut him some slack. Every player's career was basically in their hands - and with the uncertainty at the time .... who knows what that pushes players to do.

Bottom line is: for every game that he put on a red shirt, he gave 101%. In fact, his last home game, he was a colossus. So for as long as he drew a paycheck from the club, he paid it back in full.

Perhaps keep that in mind, before publically wishing his wife gets Aids, etc.

True that, isr.

But it's disappointing to hear these words from Mascherano, he owes this club so much. He was on the bench in West Ham ffs. Until Rafa gave him a new start. He once said he was thinking about quit football in West Ham, before we bought him. When he left because of one season without CL it shows he's forgotten where he comes from. It was Torres, Mascherano and the other players fault that we didn't manage to beat teams like Debreceni , OL and Fiorentine, not the fans or the clubs.

He left , to sit on the fucking bench in Barca, and he's never gonna be in the starting XI there, he fucked up everything, including our season.

Right, he was one of Argentina's best players before he came to us and we didn't, in any way at all, save him from the death of his career. From this point onwards, anyone who acts like Liverpool Football Club picked him up off the street and taught him how to kick a ball (when in fact we signed him because it was in our own self-interest and nothing more) gets negged. In perpetuity. Until they are a crying, broken husk of a poster, lying in a gutter, bleeding red neggy shit out of all available cavities.

He owes us his effort and commitment on the pitch for the wage we pay him and he gave it to us 99.9% of the time. He missed one game because he knew the club was trying to shaft him up the arse; which is entirely understandable. Whether he's talking shit about us now isn't the issue I'm trying to put right here, it's the issue of him being ungrateful for all the great things we did for him.