You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Kenny is my morphine, when I think about the possibility of torres going I just remind myself the king is back and it balances things out.

Exactly. The media are scared shitless of Kenny and its fucking brilliant. He walks into the room, and the respect is instantaneous. He speaks, they listen and if one of them is foolish enough to ask him about something he's already stated he's not talking about - they get a quick, sharp, polite response and the subject is moved on. And no-one dare say another thing.

The awe of the man is god-like and not just amongst us Liverpool fans. The respect he seems to command is amazing.

Long, long may it continue.

I'm just enjoying a spot of supper. What say you about that?

Glass of red and some cheese?

Cup of tea and a biscuit?

Beer and a slice of pizza?

Need more details.

You're posh I can tell.

I'm just enjoying my late evening tea. A pot noodle with toast triangles.

Supper entails either left overs, toast with something or cereal.

You were close with the first one actually. Wensleydale with cranberries, Double Gloucester with herbs and chives and some wheaty crackers, all washed down with a nice cup of coffee.

Cheese and crackers, I'm disappointed. Melted cheese on toast would of been acceptable as a supper.

I hate camping myself.

641.gif

Has this selfish fucking brat left yet?

I have half a morning owed in lieu if he wants a hand packing, i'll even drop his misses of at 'JT's' for him!

And no clauses about next week, play the cunt, beat the cunts and make him regret the day he left, just like that other welsh fucking horse fetishist, fed up feeling like shite worrying about the mood of some spoilt, rich cunt who quite frankly doesn't deserve to be a Liverpool player!

Chester = England. Ask anyone from Wales.

For me, TSO's camping revelation is the most traumatising bit of news this thread has come out with.

The only risk with that - apart from paying a couple of million in wages to a player who doesn't give a shit - is that he gets injured in the meantime.

Don't care, the club is trying to repair the damage done by the previous regime, we need to look strong, appear confident in what we are doing. Instead we're going to let our best player dance his way out of the club, on the last fucking day of the season. While we run off in a panicked state begging clubs for their players.

Buying players in the state the club is in now is just about the stupidest thing we could be doing. We'll overspend, we'll have been rushed into it, and end up with players who are probably not necessarily the right ones.

People complain about us missing out on first choice targets? How does 6th and 7th choice sound?

Guest davelfc
I'd make him run laps in his jeans.

In his undies and vest like we used to have to do when we forgot our kit, this was a pub team so god knows why.

Sold for 43 million.

Twitter rumours going around.

I hope thats not true, we should at very least get 50m.

Also, SSN have just asked Liverpool, we are denying categorically that we have NOT accepted a bid.

This id appears to be a rumour started by some bloke who may or may not work for the Mirror. (like they would know first)

If I was being honest, I'm pretty ambivalent about this whole Torres business. I just see him as collateral damage in getting the ship sailing in the right direction again with a crew all behind the new Captain.

Having Dalglish back at the helm and rid of Hicks and Gillett far outweighs the drag factor of losing Torres. Same goes with Mascherano. Having someone at the top that I trust to look after our best interests is far more important.

OK, we lose Torres, he doesn't want to be here so we move on. I can't get into all this hate and squealing shit, maybe I'm just getting too old and jaded now.

Don't care, the club is trying to repair the damage done by the previous regime, we need to look strong, appear confident in what we are doing. Instead we're going to let our best player dance his way out of the club, on the last fucking day of the season. While we run off in a panicked state begging clubs for their players.

Buying players in the state the club is in now is just about the stupidest thing we could be doing. We'll overspend, we'll have been rushed into it, and end up with players who are probably not necessarily the right ones.

People complain about us missing out on first choice targets? How does 6th and 7th choice sound?

To who?

And at the risk of of flushing down £50m for more grumpiness and half arsed outings? He can fuck off.

I'd bid £45m for Aguero and offer him a £5m signing on fee.

The problem with all this is that someone, somewhere loses a top striker and cannot replace them in time.

I can't see someone like Atletico or anyone else losing their best player with hours of the window left.

Suddenly Robbie Keane looks like a real opportunity missed.

I'm not comparing their playing attributes, Dennis, what I'm saying is that they were each their team's "great hope". They symbolised something at the club: Shrek the potential, Torres the potential realised. Each a massive player at the club.

Him going could bring our club together like Shrek going did for them.

Henry leaving Arsenal would be a btter analogy and they still havent replaced him no matter what they say, what have they won since he left. I don't think we should be modelling oursleves on Everton either, look where they are. Arsenal prove it, you sell your best players then look forward to, at best, pretty footy with no trophies.

As I said before, we still havent replaced Mascherano, you could argue we have replaced Xabi with Merieles, shit we haven't even replaced Garcia, Riise or Hyppia yet and needed another striker even with Torres staying.

Had this been the start of the transfer window you'd have backed us to try and do that but as it is this late in the window, I struggle to share your optimism.

It's a sad state of affairs that goes back to that damn clause so it's out of our hands to do anything other than be victims.

Sold for 43 million.

Twitter rumours going around.

Not saying it`s true, but I would rather accept 43m now, than 50m at midnight. At least now we have ( just about ) the time to bring in a couple of players for the money the deal brings in.

I appreciate your point. But we're talking serious amounts of money. And a reduction in our troublesome wage bill.

Not saying I disagree with you either, for what it's worth. Just the other side of the argument...