You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kennys Qualifications

diamondjoe

Anybody know if Kenny has his UEFA pro licence? As far as I'm aware you have to have it to manage in the european leagues.

they handed out honorary ones to the likes of Lord ferg and his ilk, but i'm not sure about Kenny.

Does he get a Glen roeder style period of grace to get it or what.

Not sure mate. I considered this myself last week and assumed he must have as I hadn't heard otherwise, but this has given me a new lease of doubt.

Kenny simply said...

"As I was going' over the Cork and Kerry mountains

I saw Captain Farrell and his money he was counting

I first produced my pistol and I then produced my rapier

I said stand or deliver or the devil he may take ya

Musha ring dum a do dum a da.

Wack for my daddy-o,

Wack for my daddy-o

There's whiskey in the jar-o

I took all of his money and it was a pretty penny.

I took all of his money and I brought it home to Molly

She swore that she loved me never would she leave me

But the devil take that woman for you know she tricked me easy"

From there it was a formality.

he did fit the criterea of 10 years as a manager in 2003 but you had to have attended the diploma course that same year to get it and the deadline as of 2010 was 12 weaks...

uefa will be crapping themselves,i can see it now all thinking are you going to tell him or shall i...lol

come on platini if you think your hard enough....:P

A few were just given the diploma, like Ginsoak. Since then there have been enough loopholes and concessions to make the issue too complicated for UEFA to push it these days. Avram Grant, for example, managed Chelsea without the qualification, didn't he? I think he still hasn't got one. Southgate didn't, but he wanted to do the course so got one later on.

In other news, footballers need the Advanced Two Legs (ATL) badge and referees have to have the Extra Lube Diploma (ELD) in taking the rancid Ferguson dick up their arse.

Unfortunately Howard Webb suffered so many rectal burns in the ELD that seven nuns from Giggleswick are in full time employment of the FA to adhere cold compression therapy to his anus.

I'm not sure... but in 2003 all the current managers with 10 years on the job managerial experience were given a special diploma which I think exempted them from having to do the modules to gain a UEFA pro license. Kenny was not managing then so did not receive the diploma but he did have more than 10 years experience so now he is actively managing again he may be eligible for the 'diploma'. I think the idea with the diploma was that managers with more than 10 years experience had sufficient practical not to have to complete the theoretical - I don't know where Kenny will fall under that whole thing. It may be he does have the license by 'default' - not sure.