You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Refs in this country

Wor Horse

I'm not saying they're corrupt, that's just ludicrous. I think they're just essentially inept. You look at Webb's performance last week and you wonder if they're just living off their reputations. I mean a ref who's reffing well in the lower leagues will never get Liverpool vs Utd. It will always be Webb, Atkinson etc. Even if they're going through a bad patch.

And then you look at Dowd today, he didn't particularly have a bad game, but neither of Everton's goals should have been allowed to happen, Distin's goal off a corner wasn't even a corner. Clear as day Anichebe kicked it out yet he points for a corner and we concede.

Now the second, Anichebe goes up, Kelly lands awkwardly and is laying on the floor lifeless, does Dowd stop play like you usually do when someone looks to have a serious injury? No, he lets Everton go on and score.

Seriously, forget goal line technology, what's the point when they can't even get the basics right. That second goal wouldn't have been allowed to happen 9/10.

Thought the linesman in front of the main stand/kop was fucking outrages myself, give at least 2 stone wall throw in's of ours to them the fucking shite hawk!!

We always get shite linos down that side, remember the one who didn't tell Riley that Bosingwa kicked Yossi even though it was right in front of him.

I'm not saying they're corrupt, that's just ludicrous. I think they're just essentially inept. You look at Webb's performance last week and you wonder if they're just living off their reputations. I mean a ref who's reffing well in the lower leagues will never get Liverpool vs Utd. It will always be Webb, Atkinson etc. Even if they're going through a bad patch.

And then you look at Dowd today, he didn't particularly have a bad game, but neither of Everton's goals should have been allowed to happen, Distin's goal off a corner wasn't even a corner. Clear as day Anichebe kicked it out yet he points for a corner and we concede.

Now the second, Anichebe goes up, Kelly lands awkwardly and is laying on the floor lifeless, does Dowd stop play like you usually do when someone looks to have a serious injury? No, he lets Everton go on and score.

Seriously, forget goal line technology, what's the point when they can't even get the basics right. That second goal wouldn't have been allowed to happen 9/10.

Why aren't you saying that? It amazes me that with the money involved in the game now that people still think there is no chance it could be corrupt. In every other event/activity/business with this amount of money involved there is corruption and people have no issue believing it. Why do people believe it is not possible here?

In my mind there is absolutely no question that there is some level of corruption in English football.

Take a look at MOTD2 tonight. 10 minutes from the end of the Geordie/Mackem derby, Bardsley goes flying in on Barton. Webb sees it all and decides it's not even worth a yellow.

For what it's worth, I think Gerrard probably/arguably should have gone last week. But this shit goes unpunished by the same referee???

Ryan Babel was right!

Guest San Don
You're right: the refs in this country are absolute fucking shit. I thought Dowd was complete toilet today. Not as poor as Webb last week but pretty consistently bad.

In a word, this.

You get the impression with refs in this country that any public criticism of them, for example babel with webb, leads them to go 'right, you bunch of twats, we'll see who is boss. You're getting nothing from me in this game.'

In a word, this.

You get the impression with refs in this country that any public criticism of them, for example babel with webb, leads them to go 'right, you bunch of twats, we'll see who is boss. You're getting nothing from me in this game.'

Especially Dowd. He seems the sort of smug twat who would do that.

Especially Dowd. He seems the sort of smug twat who would do that.

He always looks like he's arguing, like a mouthy gobshite. He also looks like the sort who'd grass on his work colleagues (assuming he's not a ref of course). "Not on my watch?" There are a number of things he can do with his watch, all of which include his arse.

Today was really fustrating. There are poor refs alright but the pillock today drove me mad because he was so inconsistent. Nudge in the back he blows, next time he doesn't. The challenge on Kelly for the goal no foul then numerous stupid calls for barely anything!!!

How can players deal with this type of official!