You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the excuses are for Torres today? Lazy and gutless glad Kenny stood up and hauled him off, our end or at least were I was were all applauding the decision

It was the right decision to take him off as he was going to be tired. To be fair when we went to ten it was always going to be a difficult job for a striker who plays the way he does.

Lets see how he performs after a half a dozen games under a new manager first before we start slating him.

how poor has itv,s coverage got adrain chiles, fat sam and garth southgate what a load if boring crap

They are full of shit tbh. Proud of those players today and Kenny and the supporters. Note though, Kenny may have to spend bit of time with nando, there is something not right with the kid.

Guest San Don
Kenny just said exactly what I was saying earlier. Even if Stevie deserved the red.

You watch that back, you'll see Webb about to let the game go on. He wasn't going to do anything till the manc players started screaming. He let the mancs make the decision

and as the King said, everyone who doesnt have a foot on the ground is gonna get sent off are they? Are they fuck. webb's a cheating twat. He was looking to give the manc filth every decision. Fernandez on Meireles (ok Meireles shit out the soft lad), immediately before the sending off. Play wasnt even stopped.

Proud again today, chest was bursting out my shirt watching Kenny in the dugout and seeing the level of performance rise. Bent Webb cost us that one, completely - say what you like about Gerrard's sending off (should have been a red for Rafael as well by the same logic, but deserved and Gerrard should have known better), but we were given a mountain to climb by a completely wrong decision. Take the "minimal contact" bollocks that's already being sycophantically written into the match reports out of it - Agger didn't touch him, it was a fucking dive. Gerrard's sending off made it even tougher.

Still - some positives to be taken. A lot of positives. Players in rightful positions, in a formation that suits and playing a style which seems to get more out of them. Kelly was absolutely excellent - fitness permitting (he put a hell of a shift in) he should retain his place with Johnson ahead of him. General improvement from all of the back 4, and Pepe was immense. Meireles was disappointing, but we don't know exactly how fit he was, bearing in mind he's just coming back from injury.

Onwards and upwards. We won't have to play this bent shower every week with their favourite ref. I fear for the league generally, though. They'll win their 19th this year, make no mistake, but games like today really make me wonder just how legit those titles are. Today was a disgrace, and it seems like ages since the last time we weren't at the toilet and not on the end of a controversial decision.

I'm not even disputing that, you fill up every match thread with criticism of kuyt regardless of his performance, you're boring.

To be fair though, Dirk would be put down if he were a horse. He looks about two stones too heavy to me, which means even his famed powers of energy and endurance have gone - puffing after 60 minutes again today. Brings nothing to the team at the moment, I'm afraid.

Disappointed with the result, however given the circumstances it was 100% better than it would have been last week . No point discussing the pen and red, we all know why, just so refreshing to see a manager with enough brains to see it needed changing and doing so with enough time to influence the game . Granted it didn't change the outcome but at least it was positive . Had that been under "the other guy" we would have been royally stuffed with nothing to look towards . Can't wait for the derby now .

Guest davelfc

Well, down by a dubious penalty (dive) our captain sent off (he wouldn't have sent a manc off for the same thing) and if you believe the media and others a very poor squad.

But we matched those bastards in the first half, kept them out in the second. Who knows if that had been a fair game we might have had enough to win. As it was I think we deserved a draw.

I'm proud of the players today, a couple of days ago most of us thought we were in for a thrashing. Well they went through as cheats for me, dirty fucking cheats. As Kenny stamps his authority on the team I think we will see even more improvement.

Very impressed with Kelly, his performance and confidence would have you believe he had been playing in the first team for years.

Draw 0-0 against United, though we lost against Webb today. A lot of good things here, we did fight for each other, that's a start. Kelly is class, and so is Agger. Berba is a fucking cheat and i'll promise i'll find Webb and his family....... and give them a lection in corruption

That was different.... to what we have been used to.

Where to start.

I know Webb!!

First big decision of the game and he fucked it right up, he didn't even bother talking to the assistant referee. If he had it would never have been a penalty.

Then his next big decision was on the sending off of Gerrard and he did, in my opinion, get this one right. Gerrard knew it too as he mae no attempt to argue his case as he didn't have one. I do however think a couple of yellows should have gone to the united players who chased after Webb.

Pepe was a god AGAIN. He nearly saved the penalty and then made an incredible set of saves in the second have when united had an absolute barrage of shots on target in the same attack.

With the major points in the game taken care of I have to say I actually enjoyed watching us play again. All the team put in 110% even if a few ideas weren't too good or passes missplaced, they came up with ideas and ATTACKED even when down to 10 men. I would have expected us to roll over if Roy had still been here but today we didn't all the way to the end of the game.

Torres didn't look stroppy, even when Evans was a little over enthusiastic in his challenges. He wasn't at his best but he looked a different player to the one we have seen for most of this season and alot of last season too.

Both Babel and N'gog tried harder and were more productive than in games gone by even with their lack of service from being a player down. Dirk played is socks off and looked absolutely fucked for the last 10 minutes but still tried closing players down which, to be honest we did alot more throughout the game.

IF Webb had had the brains to speak to the assistant instead of being a power happy twat I think we could have come away from the game with a draw and a replay. As it is we didn't and can concentrate on the league and getting up the table. All in all a much better performance by everyone and I'm now looking forward to watching us play again.

Not sure what to make of Torres today. Better than under Roy but he was in and out of the game and retreated even further into his shell when we went down to 10. it was the right call to take him off. I will Raul the benefit of the doubt with his injury but it was a woeful performance from him with and without the ball. The back four were much better and we handled the threat pretty well all things considered. Lucas was good as was Maxi while he was on. Gerrard should know better than to give the bent SYP cunt the excuse to send one of us off.

All in all an excellent day and we have shown that the Mancs are not that great. They can be got at. Kelly was superb and should partner Agger at the back. I don't think Shelvey was all that but on this showing he should be in the side in place of Raul. At present it looks as though all of the 1st team buys this summer have been a load of wank.