You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joanna yeates

Nantwich girl

Hmmm boyfriend away, very loud statements of being home alone, pizza, two big bottles of cider?

Clearly a sex game gone wrong story developing here.

Pick up a couple of lads for a spit roast and a bit of choking gone horribly wrong?

indeed, i'm starting to think something along those lines. the police might know something about this too but it would be pretty brutal on the family to make anything like that public unless it will help identify who is responsible.

So I had pretty much stayed away from this as I just thought ANOTHER one..........

I have read this thread and only have infomation from this about what has happened and have had no media influence.

I will read this daily and take all of it as gospel!

What I can draw a conclusion on though is that Nantwich and DaveLFC really need to meet up and fuck. Blimey the sexual tension between them nearly blew me away. They need to find a hotel room. Buy a pizza and a bottle of cider. mmmmmmm

That's a bit shit by the feds but it's hardly a threat to media freedom. ITV (apparently) acted like cunts so were not invited to the presso. If the police had banned everyone that would have been a threat to free media and not only poor form but the most pointless press conference of all time.

Knee, say hello to jerk.

Goes to show how censorship works in this country, fail to self censor what you report, no officials going to speak to you unless you learn to self censor.

Your attitude shows why it is a big threat not the fact it is a bunch of ITV tossers AND THERE WAS NO ONE LEFT TO SPEAK UP FOR ME.

My attitude? I don't know what it was ITV did or said but if the police chose to exclude them from a conference I don't doubt it was for a good reason. I reckon you, me and everyone else on this forum are in a pretty decent position to have an opinion on the benefits of excluding a section of the media for the right reasons.

The only thing I have to add to this thread is that it'd be interesting to see the reception you'd get if you walked down the Bristol Shopping High Street with a pizza and a long grey sock under your arm.

Dom Joly has read your post and is on his way as I type.....

That's a bit shit by the feds but it's hardly a threat to media freedom. ITV (apparently) acted like cunts so were not invited to the presso. If the police had banned everyone that would have been a threat to free media and not only poor form but the most pointless press conference of all time.

Knee, say hello to jerk.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a reaction to the sensationalist reporting of this case. It's been shocking. I was watching one ITV news item over Christmas where the reporter was talking about the landlord and another neighbour giving a push to the boyfriend's car which wouldn't start. She said "The neighbour saw Joanna Yeates and <boyfriend> together at this time, and in his opinion, there didn't seem to be any bad feeling between the couple." It really surprised me that they were allowed to make comments like that, which could surely prejudice a case.

The problem with the modern media in any high profile murder case is they want to keep the story running as long as possible, and they demand details and want to interview potential witnesses, and speculate and speculate. The Madeline case also saw a disturbing new trend of suspect-shopping on the part of The Express, without any thought as to how it might affect not just the (innocent) man, but his estranged wife and kids. It must be difficult for the police to operate in that environment.